[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /v/ prefer more in an RPG: >fully customizable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1451969309165.jpg (44 KB, 639x628) Image search: [Google]
1451969309165.jpg
44 KB, 639x628
what does /v/ prefer more in an RPG:

>fully customizable character
or
>fixed character design/weapons/story

which one and why?
>>
Personally I don't give a fuck about the design because I play JRPGs exclusively and I play them exclusively for the story.
>>
What Xenoblade Chronicles X did, a separate equip screen solely for what you look like cosmetically without hurting your stats, otherwise I'd have armour from 5 different sets on.
>>
character customization because I'm an rp fag
>>
>>323326412
>>fully customizable character

This one but more importantly than that, it has to feature choices that are logical and are derived from the setting. As opposed to just shoe horned in for the novelty of it and don't really connect to the broader story of the setting.
>>
>>323326412
Either way, as long as it well done. If you have a good main protagonist, and a good story surrounding him, I'm fine with fixed main protagonist.
If you have a good open world sandbox, I'm entirely fine with making up my own story.
If you have a mixture of both, such as Gothic had and the rest of the game is good, I'm fine with that too.

A good game is a good fucking game regardless of the specific type of approach to it's narrative and characters. Anyone who claims that one is better than the other is a retard, and is not playing the game for the game itself, but for some kind of inner personal gain or frustration.

That said, good games are rare to come across these days. A little too rare for people to start getting snobby about what particular flavor is more appropriate than others.
>>
I prefer the latter. I enjoy working my way around the tools I am given and use them to their full potential.
>>
>>323326412
>spoons rattling
Huh?
>>
>>323326412

What does this image convey?
>>
>>323328331
bloodborne skill ceiling.
>>
customizable characters. I like to actually role play in a role playing game.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.