[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Played on Xbox >Decided I needed to play it properly on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: Elite-Dangerous-Dogfight[1].jpg (394 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Elite-Dangerous-Dogfight[1].jpg
394 KB, 1600x900
>Played on Xbox
>Decided I needed to play it properly on PC with HOTAS

My first time using HOTAS. Any good tutorials/videos on proper dogfighting and stick techniques?
Also, who else here Elite:Dangerous?
>>
>>323319268
Wished E:D actually looked like that.
>>
>>323320128
It doesn't for you?
>>
>>323319268
I'm loving this game so far
>>323320128
Wut? Its should look better.
>>
>>323320128
if you mean graphics I'm pretty sure that picture is lowest
If you mean all the ships go to a high intensity combat zone
lots of ships around the fight
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (32 KB, 418x324) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
32 KB, 418x324
tfw at first you crash and scrape along the ground every time you dock and now you can do the whole thing in one fluid motion without hardly slowing down
>>
>HOTAS
>in E:D
Kek, do you crowbar open closed door as well?
>>
I'm digging the new Keelback. It's my planet raiding ship.
>>
>>323319268
Welcome to the trucker grind friendo
>>
How is the new Horizons expansion? How does it fit in with the regular game?
>>
Is the only real viable way of making $$$ still grinding bounties?
>>
>>323323396
Overpriced and shit

But if you're already playing Grind: Boredom then it's probably up your alley
>>
>>323323518
Robigo, or join one of the powerplay factions that gives a bonus to bounties, hit level 5, and then grind bounties.
>>
>lets split the community and charge them 40$ for a little content the game

Read the steam reviews next time
>>
>>323323518
Pretty much. Occasionally you might get a delivery mission with a decent payout, but that's not common. Usually just trash like "go scour the galaxy for platinum" or "go kill this target but we won't tell you where he is" for like 8K at most.
>>
>>323323396
>hey guys please buy our expansion Horizon Vision™
>you can only land on rocky moons and do non-influential missiions
>we promise to add more content!

yea, no. I fell for that hype with the base game in the beginning. Simply not worth a buy until it's more fleshed out. Just like the base game ironically
>>
File: mqdefault[1].jpg (20 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault[1].jpg
20 KB, 320x180
Anyone else here use a HOTAS?
How did you gitgood?
>>
File: Mullet_man.jpg (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Mullet_man.jpg
8 KB, 200x200
>>323319268
They put a PCMR space sim on XBox?
>>
>>323326464
PCMR?
>>
>>323323268
>Not having this song cranked at all times: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHOrpFeXUao
>>
>>323326227
I do. It feels good. I've been playing games for a long time with a HOTAS setup so it's kind of natural. Just keep playing.
>>
>>323328361
Now that I actually have one, what are some good programs to use a HOTAS with?
>>
>>323329234
Elite Dangerous is one, make sure you REALLY know what you're getting into beforehand though.

Warthunder probably feels good to play with a HOTAS too.
>>
>>323329723
>make sure you REALLY know what you're getting into beforehand though.
That sounds.....ominous.
>>
>>323330575
Read the reviews. Watch gameplay videos. Inform yourself.

The game really is not for everyone. A lot of people, including myself, are really disappointed with it. It's "miles wide but an inch deep." It's very grindy once you reach "mid game" but then you're only grinding to get a better ship. There's no story whatsoever, no objectives, no campaign.
It's only you and your imagination inside the very barebones framework the game gives you.
Flying around and dogfighting are the only two good things about it really.
Also I paid 150$ to get in the Premium Beta. I'm still salty as fuck that Frontier didn't deliver.
>>
>buy elite: dangerous for $15 expecting to play as a comfy space explorer
>turns out the game just copypastes the same 10 planet textures over and over
why is this allowed? space engine shits all over this and it's made by a single drunk russian dude for free
>>
>>323320128
Graphics are better since beta, except asteroid fields for some reason.
>>
What's the best way to grind rank with the Empire and which system should I head to?
>>
>>323326787
PC Master Race.

>Inb4 "thanks for beta testing it"
>>
I haven't played in a long time. I'll probably get back into it after my Rift arrives.
>>
Why is Horizons standalone bullshit and not just add-on DLC? Why do I have to have a separate entry in my library for the exact same game + empty planetary landings?
>>
>>323331692
Is that SC?
>>
>>323334949
I was pretty mad to lose my millions of credits, but the save files transfer from the base game. I was relieved but mad at the same time so I refunded horizon.
>>
>>323335045
Elite: Dangerous.

>>323334949
The BravenVision™ requires it.

>>323335252
You're not supposed to lose any money at all. You should have sent a ticket to the support site.
>>
>>323320128
I can't imagine it looking much worse than that.
>>
>>323323396
They made the sandbox even bigger

Still no sand though
>>
>>323329234
Any decent flight or space sim will benefit from one.
DCS and Il2 1946 are a good place to start.
Even ARMA can benefit from one.
>>
>>323331692
How do I unlock my camera?
>>
>>323336104
Wait, you can have a ship that big?
>>
>>323339719
ctrl+alt+space iirc
>>
>>323323396
The full retail pricetag includes the vanilla game, so unless you don't already own Elite Dangerous you're getting shafted on price for the amount of content the expansion contains. Forcing everyone to pay for the full game again instead of releasing it as an expansion is a very shitty way to treat their existing player base.
>>
>>323339719
You have to bind it, it's in the options but I think default is >>323339881
I have it bind to P.

>>323339731
No. That's the Farragut, the Capital Class Federation ship.
The biggest you can have currently is the Imperial Cutter and the Federal Corvette (Corvette is like 1/20 the size of the Farragut but has similar shape).

Arround the Farragut you can see an ASP Scout, below right, that's almost at the same distance as the Farragut, to put the size in scope. The Cobra you see more up and to the left is a lot closer to the camera than the Farragut, gives off a weird size impression.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x08skupb8cc
>>
I've been playing offline since I started playing. Is it worth playing online if I don't do combat?
>>
>>323342334
You risk being interdicted, but you can also meet people.
If you're afraid of pirates killing you, join Mobius instead and play in a private group where nobody will interdict and or kill you in any area, and you'll just meet friendly people instead.

The Community Goals are fun when you don't get ganked at every step.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.