[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does it take so long to do everything in games nowadays?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 2156131-hunting_boar_far_cry_3.jpg (243 KB, 963x500) Image search: [Google]
2156131-hunting_boar_far_cry_3.jpg
243 KB, 963x500
Why does it take so long to do everything in games nowadays? there's an animation or conversation for extremely menial actions and it becomes very repetitive, can't we just go back to clicking on objects or NPC's and having a menu pop up instantly?
>>
>>323307156
>IMMERSION
>>
>>323307713
This, all the immersion fags want the game to live in the game rather than play it.
>>
>>323307156
because "muh cinematic experiunsh".
Shit's fucking ruining tons of games, D44M being the latest one being ruined by these pointless first-person animations and jammed-in level up / perk system.
>>
>>323308214
FO4 even added pointless animations that makes cooking or crafting a pain.
>>
>>323307156
>muh immersion
>>
>>323308990

the conversations in FO4 are the fucking worst. it was a lot better when you clicked on someone and time stopped and they were forced to speak with you

this shit of NPCs, and followers especially, wandering off when youre trying to get them to speak with you in infuriating
>>
>>323309287
It has the opposite effect though, im beginning to think that it's all for trailers or press junkets where it isn't immediately irritating, imagine using the new chainsaw animation a thousands times in Doom.
Games like Stalker, Half Life or Souls that have minimal breaks in play are some of the most immersive experiences I've ever had.
>>
This is something Ive been noticing and this shits really annoying.

It's especially bad when the animation doesn't "end" until 2 or 3 seconds after you actually do it.
>>
>>323308214
Came in to say exactly fucking this.

When did this cinematic shit even begin? Why did devs think "wow, pointless drawn out cinematic bullshit is essential to our game's success!"? Why is it so hard to just add a few text boxes that you can read in no less than 5 seconds to do a simple task? Just fucking why?
>>
>>323309979
half life 2 is when it all started going downhill
>>
>>323307156
To pad out game time, obviously. Either that, or you're just an impatient little twat.
>>
>>323307156
Play Catmouth Island.
>>
>WAAAAAAH WHY CAN'T EVERYTHING BE LIKE OOT
That's all I got from this thread, reddit

Pls go
>>
>>323311040
OOT is a prime example of having to wait for shit to play the video game, what are you smoking
>>
>>323311152
Arin pls.
>>
>>323311659
>did you get all that
>>
You can turn off animations in Far Cry.
>>
>>323307156

I think the intention is to make it a litle bit more immersive, while threading the line betwen jmmersion and frustration. Not an easy job, can't sa I envy the game developers.
>>
>>323310158

He is an impatient little twat.

Played both Far Cry 3 and 4, did not have issue with the animation shit. At one point, its like with Dark Souls action sequencing... But that little shit cannot understand it or adapt to it. Scrub, that is who he is.
>>
>>323310019
It didn't have any drawn out first person animations though, open a door click on it, pick up health by walking over it, pick up objects by clicking on them and even when there's scripted things happening you are almost always in control and can walk around instead of viewing a first person cutscene.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.