[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>have to hit the boss around 50 times to kill him >die
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: ys.png (163 KB, 650x514) Image search: [Google]
ys.png
163 KB, 650x514
>have to hit the boss around 50 times to kill him
>die in 14 ticks of flame
>about half the hits rebound me into a flame
>when the boss gets to half health the flame patterns change to persist longer
>half the time boss only appears inside the flames

God dammit, I think I'll just grind to max level.
>>
Played on hard and it wasn't so bad. Try getting a new sword.
>>
the only absolute must is the second sword. You can grind to level 4 to make the fight even easier.
>>
>>323306753
>>323307030
Is that going to cut it down to like 25 hits?
>>
>>323307208
>boss now dies in 10 hits
>I could literally just run through the flames and kill him before I died

Well then. Guess that's what I get for playing on normal.
>>
Level up once. Seriously, that will do it.
>>
>>323308016
Even on nightmare it's the same shit, unless you are max level for the area you'll never beat him, and being lvl 4 he's piss easy, but grinding outside the dungeon shouldn't be longer than 5 minutes.
>>
Wait until Vagullion faggot
>>
>>323308480
Nah, when I tried fighting him after just a level up, I did the same amount of damage. The only thing I got was like 5 extra ticks worth of life.
>>
>>323308016
I once killed him at level 3 on Nightmare. It was easily harder than Dark Fuckt and it was not worth the time.
>>
Ys 1 is pretty terrible aside from the music. It's like this for virtually every boss. I recommend playing it on an easier difficulty or grinding. Fortunately, Ys 2 is substantially better.
>>
File: 1450491403931.jpg (169 KB, 785x558) Image search: [Google]
1450491403931.jpg
169 KB, 785x558
>>323308595
I stopped playing there.

>Best sword
>Best shield
>Best armor
>Max level
>Still dying

Might as well name that boss "Game Over"
>>
How is anyone supposed to realize you can get a free sword by talking to everyone in the first town, and then going back to talk to the militia guy?

Or the ability to barter the price down with one of the NPC shops?
>>
>>323308980
>Ys is pretty terrible
wrong
There is no grinding after the half way into the game
even then the grinding is short as fuck
the bosses are fun on nightmare
being a human bumper car is fun
>>
>>323310971
Its just a secret, I bought my first sword.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.