[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I played gothic, gothic 2, and now Im playing gothic 2 night
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3
File: g2nr.jpg (21 KB, 300x420) Image search: [Google]
g2nr.jpg
21 KB, 300x420
So I played gothic, gothic 2, and now Im playing gothic 2 night of the raven, my question is..... WTF IS WITH THIS GAME FFS ITS SO FUCKING HARD.
Did you play this? Your thoughts?
>>
>>323304296
>Did you play this?
boy, I grew up on that game
I managed to defeat it as a 12yo or whatnot
you should be able to do the same
>>
>>323304524
well Its not that I cant but its really hard dont you think? especially if we compare this to gothic 1 or 2
>>
>>323304524
>pshhh nothing personnel kid
>>
It's not that hard once you get used to it.
Also, the weapon you get at the end of the DLC is OP as fuck.
>>
>>323304865
can you tell me if its better to use 2h weapon or 1h?
>>
>>323304717
*unsheats vagina*
>>323304697
Yeah, it's quite difficult.
But that just means you can play more of it because you have to kill everything that moves!
Also, as >>323304865 says, once you make some progress it will get better (remember in G1 and G2 you couldn't really do all that much in the beginning either).
>>
>>323304993
Depends on your play style, 2h do more damage but are slower, 1h do less damage but are quicker, which also allows you to dodge more efficiently. Personally, i'm a fan of 2h weapons
>>
>>323304296
What a coincidence. Bought the series recently and I finished G1 which was surprisingly good. Got around 7 hours into G2 and I did the mistake of joining the Militia before doing quests for all of the guys.

Some tips for you, before you join any factions, explore around and do their quests. Go to Lares at the harbor and have him take you to the mercenaries to get their quests done.

Also I wonder if we'd be able to get a Gothic thread going. I've literally seen 0 in ages (not that they're common in the first place).
>>
>>323304993
2h also have longer range which is rather useful in this game
>>323305208
ever since I was small and played the game I always wondered why were there no shields, it's such a shame, it would make 1h weapons more viable choice, as it is, I always went with 2h, even when I wanted to try 1h...
>>
>>323304296
It's brutal at the beginning. While you are getting banged in the ass, you add the people to your list and then bring vengeance on them after you get better armor and weapons.
>>
File: 1446938439025.jpg (39 KB, 578x472) Image search: [Google]
1446938439025.jpg
39 KB, 578x472
>I played gothic 2 without notr
>>
>>323306091
There was a time when NOTR didn't exist yet.
>>
>>323306091
I did this, when it came out.
>>
>>323304296
Well, first off, it helps to speak german, and then the game gets a lot easier.

Thats about it.

The game is not hard at all. The longest time the game took when to learn how to mine for gold optimally.
>>
>>323306184
>>323306437
doesnt count, release day samefag
>>
>>323304296

I like it in this series that in order to git gud you actually have to git gud yourself and also make your character git gud
>>
>>323306184
Or the krauts didn't translate it yet. Waited years for the english version.
>>
simple answer
gothic 1 was hard since everything killed till you got some decent weapons learned fighting
gothic 2 was made much easier by devs since difficulty in one seemed to hard for many
huge backlash came from the community
gothic 2 addon came and made everything good again
>>
>>323306672
>Only one person bought the game on release.
>>
>>323306672

>release day

anon, G2 was out at least a whole year before notr
>>
If you finished the vanilla game you should have no problem with NOTR.

I can understand if you went straight into NOTR, that's a different can of worms.
>>
>>323304296
>>323304296
They're not really difficult. After a certain level it's a cakewalk, especially the first game. The only thing you could call difficul, which, in my opinion, rather artificial difficulty, is up dargons recieved in NotR.
>>
>>323307971

man, health regen the dragons got was fucking bullshit
>>
>>323307971
Dragons were never hard, all you need is a Demon summoning scroll.
>>
>>323308158

that's cheating if you want to go full melee
>>
>>323308371
Well then, get a 80%+ crit, a shitload of strength and start wailing at him hoping he dies.
Your options are limited with melee
>>
I feel like playing gothic 2 notr again but I remember levelling your character being a bitch with how many skill points it takes to train things. What's a good 2H/magic build?
>>
Take every little bit of experience with you. Do the basic walking quests in the city, as well as the quests for the different organisations before you decide to join one. Kill all the small enemies you can take around the city, bugs, hungry wolves, hell even those little cockroaches.
>>
>>323308927
There's no '2H/Magic' build, unless you count Paladins but their magic is shit.
>>
>>323308158
No fucking shit, but it was the only way to kill them. And even then the last boss is very random, he could literally fly the whole battle regenerating all damage you've done, which is fucking stupid, and is the reason I called it artificial, and not a real difficulty.
>>
Only Russians can enjoy this game
>>
>>323309338

I'm polish and enjoy this game
>>
>>323309338
I'm Balkan scum and I can enjoy this game.
>>
Only Slavs can enjoy this game
>>
>>323309338
I always thought the fact that Gothic isn't very popular in America is the best proof of their profoundly shit taste.
>>
>>323310143

I'm german and enjoy this game
>>
>>323310152
Because there was absolutely zero marketing in the Americas for Gothic.
>>
>>323304296
>WTF IS WITH THIS GAME FFS ITS SO FUCKING HARD

true
much harder than gothic 2, and still a lot harder than gothic 1

get used to pressing your quick save and quick load hotkeys a lot. take every exp you can get, leave no quest undone and no monster unkilled. you'll need everything you can get, or your shit will be fucked up really bad.
>>
File: 1425513588281.jpg (26 KB, 247x269) Image search: [Google]
1425513588281.jpg
26 KB, 247x269
>>323310270
Thank you confirming my theory
>>
>>323310342
But the few who play it anyway start a thread on /v/ to cry about the "outdated" controls and drop the game 30 minutes in.
>>
Despite Gothic being hated on /v/ and the fact that the game itself aged poorly, this have been always my favorite expansion.

I just fucking love the swamp setting with Aztec buildings, the cozy valley, pirate beach and savage desert.

Fuck. Expansion done right.
>>
>>323310143
Well, it's gloomy and dark just like our everyday life. You can be gopnik as well. It's kind of given we would like it.
The story is shit tho
>>
>>323310475
You can't judge a large market by a few crybabies, even if Americans are known for their abysmal taste, there are exceptions.
>>
>>323310821
>few crybabies
>few

they're in every single gothic thread, though, whining how the controls are shit because they can't figure them out
>>
>>323311540
It's the same few repeating themselves. How do you even have energy to worry about that?
>>
I'm british, played this a lot during april-june.

Never played a gothic game before and I really enjoyed it, I was rubbish but I was amazed at how many options there were. Different ways to get into koronis and the depth of the game was great.

Think I'm on act 2, completed the DLC but finding it hard to get back into..
>>
Because they "rebalanced" the game by making every weapon require twice the cost in stat requirements, to please the minmaxers. It tells a lot about Pirhana Bytes's competence onward on Gothic 2.
>>
>>323312418

did you even get to the mining valley?
>>
>>323312571

Yeah, I mean it's a game you have to be in the mood for to play, a bit like dark souls.
>>
>>323312110
Let's tell the truth, all Gothic threads are a bunch of circlejerking Yuropoors trying to show off this piss poor seires that went to the shitter from the second game onwards. They deserve all the ridicule they can get.
>>
>>323312702

too bad, because if you never played G1, the first trip to the colony doesn't impact you so much. I remember a profound sense of terror the first time I entered it because I played the shit out of G1 and knew the valley quite well and then in G2 it's overrun with orcs and even more full of rape and death
>>
>>323304296
Use scrolls more, they all cost 5 Mana now, no matter how strong the spell. It's piss easy when you use Rain of Fire on every bigger group.

Other than than, save a lot, let the NPC nearby help you with mobs if you can't handle them alone and don't be afraid to run back to the nearest town/farm if chased by something.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.