[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Deus Ex? Let's Figure this out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4
File: deusex.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
deusex.jpg
94 KB, 1280x720
So, in preparing for new Deus Ex I decided to play Human Rev.
So riddle me this

>Corporate Security Manager
>Nearly killed in terrorist attack
>Boss rebuilds him makes him better, faster, stronger
>Gives him the bare bones augments?

So Sarif decided to give you shit Goodwill Augments and then wants you to go out and do espionage corporate murder?

>Debug to give self all augments
>Game on Hard mode
>>
Bump for interest
>>
Gameplay reasons.
>>
>>323298287
Its explained m8.
Your body and brain can't handle the load of all of them being switched on immediately, so basically the lore reason of leveling up is your brain turning them on as it gets more used to the augments.
The base augmentations alone make you above normal humans anyway.
>>
>>323298287
I believe the game throws around a line that you already have all the augments INSTALLED, but enabling them all at once would fry your brain or something similar. You'd need time getting acclimated with the base enhancements in order to properly control the rest as they unlock.
>>
>>323298745
>>323298775
This.
>>
>>323298287
>Let's Figure this out

Figure what out?

>>Corporate Security Manager
>>Nearly killed in terrorist attack
>>Boss rebuilds him makes him better, faster, stronger
>>Gives him the bare bones augments?

All of his mechanical augments are already installed. They just aren't enabled. There's a half-assed story-based reason for this, too. But ultimately, it's a gameplay mechanic. If that's too "video gamey" for you then consider a new hobby.
>>
Still doesn't make sense. He has all of these augments installed, but being in a coma and waking up completely augmented doesn't send him into shock? If all of them are installed his brain would still have to adjust to all of the augments in his system.
>>
>>323299290
you're a dumbass m8
>>
File: 3mLydMU.png (70 KB, 243x200) Image search: [Google]
3mLydMU.png
70 KB, 243x200
>>323299290
>>
I can -kind of- see where OP is coming from, but honestly why are you even playing DEHR?
>>
>>323298287
>doesn't pay attention to game lore
>cheats to win

casuals need to leave
>>
>>323299290
Can you stop and actually think for a second.
He wakes up and he's got the essentials like the body parts needed for a normal life. So new arm, leg, organs and the like but additional functions disabled.
The additional functions are slowly enabled as your brain is more capable of coping with a slow adjustment instead of all at once.
The experience bar is your brain adjusting.
>>
>>323298287
Did anyone else get bored out of their mind while playing hr? By the time I got to china or whatever, my interest dropped dramatically. I don't know if it's the boring mundane dialogue and characters or the horrible graphics style.
>>
>>323300337
its one of the few games i finished all the way twice.
after the third one i fucked up my Foxiest Hounds run and dropped it
>>
>>323298745

One thing I always had a gripe with Deus Ex is that I never really felt like a super amazing augmented fellow like I thought it would, similar to the old Deus Ex where you took 5 hours to line up a shot like you weren't a cyborg with stabilizers or whatever.
>>
>>323298287

>can't understand a story bit that's explained at least 10 times
>complains that the writing makes no sense

>cheats

Kill urself my man.
>>
>>323300337
Nah. I loved every second of the game, I'm serious.
>>
I hope Cyberpunk 2077 handles cybernetics better than Deus Ex does.
>>
>>323300952
You mean like fluff-wise or mechanics-wise?
>>
>>323300952
In what way?
I'd like to see a system where you start out all natural and replace parts freely.
>>
>>323299290
People in physio rehab after getting injured have to take months to be acclimated to their bodies. This includes getting them to do basic exercises that are like pushing your toes towards you and even walking for a few minutes. You have to essentially relearn how to do extremely basic things like walking.
>>
>>323298287
Are you retarded?
>>
>>323301072
>>323301074

More options, maybe add some fun augments instead of combat only modifications.
Also agree with the freely and slowly add augs.
>>
>>323301074
Space Siege, but it's shit
>>
>>323300729
have you seen other guys shoot?
lining up a precise shot in just a few seconds is superhuman, all the other humans considered.
>>
>>323301074
this sounds fun
>being forced to choose between being a badass killing machine and retaining humanity
Could fit into the theme of the story somehow
>>
>>323301680
Don't even mention that fucking name to me.
I bought that shit on release.
>>
>>323301074
Shadowrun
>>
>>323300210
>Guy whose brain has trouble adjusting to the new information that a brain has trouble adjusting to new information
It is quite ironically comical.
>>
>>323301446
DXHR had a fuck load of non combat augs, picking up boxes invisibility, incarus landing, all kinds of shit
>>
>>323301881
Does cyberware actually have much of a tangible effect in the Shadowrun games? Or is it just +2STR or whatever?
>>
>>323302035
If you didn't do ICARUS SMASH or throw vending machines at things, yer a shit
>>
>>323300729
you do feel pretty augmented compared to the original though.
>>
>>323302058
depends which one, in hong kong they made it so there's an entire stat for being a hardcore cyberware motherfucker, I was destroying people with cybertalons, in the earliar ones it's just stat boosts, and I guess you can see your metal arms in some outfits.
>>
>>323302058
In Hong Kong you get a load of cyberware that can function as weapons but most of the time it's stats as well as increased movement and number of actions.
>>
>>323302058
More cyberware = harder to magic. When you run out of "human points", you game over
>>
>>323302136
>finishing side quests by throwing garbage bins at targets
It breaks my immersion but it's just so fucking hilarious
>>
>>323302164
>>323302246
Do people react to you being a borderline cyberzombie?
>>
>>323302330
Nah that's one part the game fucked up on. In tabletop getting chromed is essentially the equivalent of getting full face tattoos and shit. And it's justified too since getting chromed means your life essence is decreased.
>>
File: 1408282166830.jpg (8 KB, 207x208) Image search: [Google]
1408282166830.jpg
8 KB, 207x208
>>323302289
>do a 2nd playthrough of Dragonfall as a mage
>put a point in Computer Use for fluff reasons
>i'm a little confused as to how cooldowns are calculated, it feels like they're a turn longer than they should be
>halfway through the game I notice I was given a fucking Datajack
>>
>>323302506
At least you can have those long ass talks about it with Racter and the cyberdoc whose name I forgot.

It's definitely a recurring theme in the vido games as well, it's just that NPCs don't react to your chrome.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOeOgalT2Wg
>>
>>323303267
Man, I hope they fix the thing with everyone freezing in place while you beat up their buddies in Mankind Divided.
And they should add some incentives to lethal takedowns while they're at it.
>>
>>323303004
What else did you expect was gonna happen? Just get some more cyberware at this point
>>
>>323303252
Oh yeah Racter talks about how his psychopathy prevents him from feeling the detriments of being chromed. Duncan also expresses his distaste for chrome as well.

And yeah, they definitely do talk about it in the games. Just not about your chrome.

>>323303464
Honestly if they're going to do canned animation executions, it should be done in real time not a freeze frame. Seeing everyone freeze when you pressed E or whatever was jarring.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (133 KB, 464x491) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
133 KB, 464x491
>>323303580
Nah nigga, I imagined my character as a Sand-tier snobbish cunt, I couldn't go on that way.
>>
>>323298287
>>323298287
>>323298287

Augments take a toll on the CNS and subsequently the human brain.

You were given Augments capable of state of the art functions and features, but in addition to the physical stress of such severe augmentation in one sitting.

You've got an empathetic augmentation doctor who lets you personally choose what augments you actually want to end up utilizing.
>>
>>323298287
Damn, that piss filter is just too much.
>>
>>323300337
Finished the game five times. Never bothered to make a pacifist run though
>>
>>323302321
>not throwing dumpsters
>>
did adam go through some kind of rejection when he got his new limbs

or he didnt because he was the chosen one?
>>
>>323305918
He was the chosen one. It's why he doesn't need Neuropozyne either.
>>
>>323305918
Have you not finished the game yet? Adam was the first ever aug that took to it naturally; that was literally the whole point of the game and the reason Sarif went full cyborg on him. It's also the reason they named him Adam.
>>
>>323306925
jyst double checking

the game is fairly old
>>
>>323300729
You don't have stabilizers by default in Deus Ex 1. You need to get an augmentation canister with them and install them yourself.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.