[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Look, im sure its a good game but WHY do devs think it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
Look, im sure its a good game but WHY do devs think it's okay to completely rip off another game's art style?

I mean holy shit. I refuse to play this for that reason alone, why cant you be inspired by a great game and not fucking copy it almost identically?

How can devs seriously be happy about this shit? Its like being satisfied with drawing something really cool but you just traced it.

Yes I mad.
>>
Not only that its 10/10 on steam. LOL.

are people fucking this fucking unoriginal ?

is this the future of video games? no more creativity just clones of greatness.
>>
>>323296993
what game?
>>
its a video game anon just let it be
>>
File: cuphead.jpg (687 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
cuphead.jpg
687 KB, 1280x720
>>323296993
>Look, im sure its a good game but WHY do devs think it's okay to completely rip off another game's art style?
>>
WoW was one of the first examples of this, even though mmos are shit, people saw a business model and capitalized on that shit. So much that it almost became necessary to be wow-like to even be successful.
>>
>>323296993
>I refuse to play this for that reason alone
You're a fucking retard.
>>
>>323297404
Axiom Verge, literally cut/paste artsyle from guess the game
>>
>>323297607
Yeah! Eat it up goyim! Lets support this kind of cancer! :^)
>>
Not even arstyle, it pretty much cut/paste of the entire game down to just tweaking a few mechanics.
>>
>>323297615

Except Metroid looks much better.
>>
>>323296993

What game is Axiom Verge "ripping off"?

If you say Metroid, you are a moron. It's inspired, sure.
But for something to be ripped off, especially vidya, the
assets would just be ripped out of the game.
>>
File: Vision_Boss.jpg (102 KB, 771x277) Image search: [Google]
Vision_Boss.jpg
102 KB, 771x277
CRAP I'M TRAPPED!
>>
File: FB_IMG_1450976130686.jpg (7 KB, 316x316) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1450976130686.jpg
7 KB, 316x316
>>323297981
>he pretends to not know what game it is obviously ripping off then says it

GEE WHIZ
>>
i wish someone would make an image comparing the doors, textures and layouts of the levels being almost identical. i might do this after work
>>
>>323296993
That's like saying only Cezanne was allowed to paint post-impressionist paintings.

Derivative works like axiom verge are great. It's a great aesthetic and Happ puts his own macabre twist to it. there needs to be MORE metroidvanias in the artstyle of the 2d metroid and castlevania games
>>
>>323298241
So did Super Metroid also have glitch aesthetics?
>>
Axiom Verge is great.
>>
>>323297260
>clones of greatness.
That's the perfect title for my new indie 8bit inspired side-scroller!
>>
>>323299849
hey i can clone this great game and i only have to add a few slightly different features and its my ORIGINAL GAME DO NOT STEAL! yes!!
>>
File: doomclones.png (11 KB, 666x720) Image search: [Google]
doomclones.png
11 KB, 666x720
>>323297260
>underage plebes thinking they didn't clone successful titles in ye good old days
>>
>>323302124
retard poster
>>
>>323297525
Cuphead's artstyle is phenomenal, but they really need to tone down that fucking chromatic aberration. I am so sick of everyone drenching games in that shit and calling it a day. A tough of it is really nice for enhancing visuals, just like DoF, but devs seem to think saturating games in it makes everything look amazing. It's basically the new bloom.
>>
>>323296993
>art style
the game visually looks nothing like Metroid. the general gameplay and layour is metroid, but the art style is hardly metroid
>>
>>323302508
I think it was a poor attempt at reproducing the technicolor look.
>>
Axiom Verge is extremely derivative to the point that you could swap the main character for Samus and change some of the dialogue and everyone would think it's a brand new Metroid, but that doesn't make it a bad game. Honestly, all the Metroid fans bitching about Fed Force should just play Axiom Verge. $20 is kinda steep for it though.
>>
>>323302683
>>323298721
>>323297981

I remember one of the first room of Axiom Verge having the exact same tileset that Super Metroid, just a different color.
Now I agree with you on the point that it's like 5% of the overall complete tileset but it's still ripped directly from Super Metroid.
>>
>>323297615
Tetris?
>>
>>323297525
I think it's funny that this game is going to have the exact opposite problem that axiom verge has.

Axiom verge has basic as fuck art style but great game mechanics.

Everything I've seen about this game makes me think it looks fantastic but is going to end up not being bland as fuck to play.
>>
>>323296993
>devS
you know it was made entirely by one guy right?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.