[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
did you like the twist /v/? i did if you didn't what change
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 12
did you like the twist /v/?

i did

if you didn't what change would have you made to make it better?
>>
>>323288373
*you have
>>
The twist made me depressed for a few weeks.
>>
Twist is fucking great. Gives a symbolic meaning to everything you have been doing and how you have been progressing in the game as a player.

The actual plot of MGSV is super underwhelming, so the twist gives it this sort of cool meaning by saying "Hey man the revenge shit wasn't really the point the point is that you are Big Boss and look at all the amazing shit you accomplished playing through this game."

If the twist didn't exist and was legitmately about Big Boss and how this was about him "turning bad" (which it isn't thankfully) it would have fucking sucked. Instead we get to see him do the most fucking Metal Gear Villian thing ever, not even be in the fucking game.
>>
>>323288373
Really the MGS series should've ended at 3, but with V they should have given us what was advertised - a character story of how BB became that cartoonishly evil villain in MG 1+2. Best case scenario for me would've been the game finishing at the start of MG 1.
The open world ruined it too. I would've preferred a linear game that was shorter but not repetitive.
>>
I was more pissed that the game started and ended with a decade long timeskip.
>>
>>323288736
big boss and zero ripped a man's identity from him for me that's the most evil thing he can do
>>
File: 1356738816275.jpg (142 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1356738816275.jpg
142 KB, 300x300
People seriously need to stop taking Metal Gear canon so seriously, it's not about the canon, it's about the themes.

Seriously people, you are taking the canon seriously in a series that has shit like-
>Press the X button to stand up!
>INFINITE AMMO!
>Venom Snake literally starting Metal Gear 1 by putting it in an MSX player.

It's nonsense, but it's nonsense with a heart. There is constant fourth wall breaks and self-aware parody. Stop caring about the actual plot so much, and instead focus on what the theme and meaning is.

I mean for fuck's sake this is basically what MGS2 is all about, you shouldn't obsess over words so much, find the meaning behind the words.
>>
>>323289425
>big boss and zero ripped a man's identity from him for me that's the most evil thing he can do

Exactly, MGSV showed Big Boss turning bad, but in the most backhanded way possible.

And that is what Metal Gear villians do, work behind the curtains.
>>
No I thought it was remarkably stupid and didn't fit tonally with the game(which was a bit more serious and grounded compared to other recent MGS entries, like Peace Walker and MGS4), it felt like there was a twist just for the sake of there being a twist. Still my second favorite game of 2015.
>>
>>323289545
>it's meant to be shitty!

MGSV is unfinished. Kojima spent all the budget on Jewstein.
>>
the twist is its an unfinished game
>>
>>323289545
Whatever contrived symbolic message Kojima wants to shove into his games is even more jumbled than the plot
>>
>>323288373
Maybe it would have made more of an impact if I gave a shit about the avatar creation at the start of the game
>>
>>323289728
You think that is the reason? I feel like the reason is because of the Kojima/Konami rift
>>
>>323288736
>about Big Boss and how this was about him "turning bad" (which it isn't thankfully)
>Twist is fucking great
>we get to see him do the most fucking Metal Gear Villian thing ever, not even be in the fucking game
What is wrong with you
>>
>>323288736
True, probably would have been more shit if the twist ending wasn't there
>>
>>323289425
A man who willing threw himself in front of BB to save him and who would have died if not for cipher and their pls relax doctors.
>>
>>323288373

I loved it op.

All these years playing as snake and all along we too were snake and raiden. When Big Boss speaks it's literally Kojima speaking to you.
>>
>>323288373
I wish it wasn't so fucking obvious.

I saw it coming from the very beginning of the game.
>>
>>323288373
It was great because it showed that BB was even more devious than some edgy, child killer.
>The way BB and Ocelot saw the staff of the Cypriot hospital as mere shields.
>Hijacking a man's entire identity and brainwashing him to become a body double/diversion while BB fucks off to Zanzibarland.
>>
>>323289728
>literally-who foreign model in Japan
>costing more than $10 a year
Are you retarded?
>>
>>323289907
>Being this much of a pleb.

MGS 5 would have been a million times better without a twist at all.
>>
>>323290241
And then people would have complained that there was no ebin twist.
>>
>>323288736
I want M. Night Shyamalan to leave.

Making the ending into a TWEEST to cover up how shitty your overall story is, is fucking quintessentially hack writing. Are you really this retarded?
>>
>>323290241
>MGS 5 would have been a million times better without a twist at all.

Stop tweaking Anon, the revenge plot in MGSV fucking sucks.

The two Phantoms sub-plot and how MGSV is basically a giant spin-off sort of redeems it because it's basically a giant damage control.
>>
Instead of punching the mirror I would have him stare into it and then his eyes slightly shift to the side so his mirror image is staring directly at the player before saying 'now I am the Big Boss.'
>>
>>323290307
And those people aren't worth listening to.
>>
>>323290348
>Making the ending into a TWEEST to cover up how shitty your overall story is, is fucking quintessentially hack writing. Are you really this retarded?

Would you rather have this unfinished story actually be about Big Boss for real?

Seriously?
>>
>>323290370
>defending damage control in any way, shape, or form

Holy fuck throw yourself into a vat of acid any time now.
>>
One simple thing.
The scene where Big Boss falls into a coma along with Kaz was shown multiple times and in none of them he had the horn stuck in his head.
It was 100% confirmed then and there that Venom wasn't Big Boss.
>>
File: 1424901767815.gif (1016 KB, 322x166) Image search: [Google]
1424901767815.gif
1016 KB, 322x166
>>323290445
Yes. Because it's essentially Star Wars Episode 3 without the cringey dialogue. Love or hate EP 3, the reason it WASN'T hated was because it actually showed Anakin falling to the dark side and getting his shit all fucked up at the end.

Let's say Hideo wrote Episode 3. Anakin wouldn't have actually gotten toasty at the end of it. It would have been a clone who somehow switched places with Anakin when no one was looking.

Notice how retarded that sounds? Of course you don't, because you want to sacrifice good writing for MUH TWEEST. Fuck off.
>>
Twist is fucking great and its so fantastic that watching the trailers revealed the two snakes followed by the intro that made you think you might not be snake.
>>
>>323290609
good thing i didn't actually saw that trailer and tend to stay away from fan theories

i didn't see it coming,i just hoped i did not see the 2014 e3 trailer, then the "i won't scatter your sorrow" scene would have been fucking awesome to watch
>>
>>323290445
I would, because the story we got turned Big Boss into a gigantic coward.
>>
>>323290728
Have you even played other Metal Gear games?

All the villians usually have reasons for acting the way they do, if there is a common thread between them it's that they are often have reasons for acting the way they do. They have a "for the greater good" mentality.

I'm sorry you didn't get your ebin Breaking Bad downfall in MGSV, and I'm sorry that a MGS game misdirected and manipulated you in its marketing MGS3 babby.
>>
>>323290187
>10k/month

FTFY
>>
>>323291141
>10k/month
I know you have no sources, just wanted to tell you that Japan is extremely racist towards pretty much everyone.
They pay shit to foreigners, and Joosten is not even a model, just a girl who appears in ads and restaurant menus.
>>
>>323291046
That....didn't directly address my argument at all. What does that have to even do with what we're talking about? What difference does it make WHY they're doing what they're doing? Are you fucking autistic?

And sorry, but I've been playing Metal Gear Solid since MGS 1. Maybe it's you who needs to go back and replay the older games? Your presumptions are really none of my concern faggot.
>>
i think it was good because it turned 28 years lore upside down
>>
So who sent the jet that quiet shot? They always go on about it being cypher but then later you find out cypher have like nothing todo with anything and wouldnt have tried to kill big boss after saving him. And I very much doubt xof have jets. Even if they did they would have sent more after the first ones were shot down.
>>
>>323288373
id change it so that youd play as big boss and youd actually go nuclear
>>
>>323291306
Because MGSV is not at all Episode 3 like you think.

Replay MGS3 and MGSPW and realize that Big Boss was already far gone, he lost faith in his country by the end of 3, and by the end of PW he lets go of the boss as an idol.

By the start of MGSV Big Boss is already a man who will do anything to further his goals, which he then goes on to do, he is just like Zero now. MGSV is not about the downfall of Big Boss because there is nothing to fall from for him.
>>
>>323290395
this would have been more suitable if he instead was the one in foxhound and sent solid to outer heaven

just after saying the objectives to solid he would say "there is room for only one big boss"
>>
>>323291885
zero is not head of cypher anymore the AI is doing all the stuff
>>
>>323291891
and why might you go nuclear?
>>
It was ill-conceived and badly executed. I can see what Kojimas reasoning behind it was and I get where he was going with it but it didn't work out.

It might have been better if Venum Snake had some actual characterization and if his story was emotionally involving in its own right but seeing how it wasn't the game would have been considerably better if it actually was about Big Boss feud with zero and his consequential descent into megalomania.
>>
>>323292048
So an ai sent jets to look for big boss for some reason? Sounds convenient.
>>
>>323292176
zero goes vegetable to cypher created an AI of zero and then further modified it to better suit their purposes

correct me if i am wrong
>>
File: foxdie.png (222 KB, 417x250) Image search: [Google]
foxdie.png
222 KB, 417x250
>>323288736
>YOUR BIG BOSS AND YOUR BIG BOSS EVERYONE IS BIG BOSS

Yeah it was amazing
>>
>Zero was BB's buddy all along!
Isn't that completely opposite to what MGS4 told us?
>>
I wish there was something to differentiate the mist and armour skulls they are pretty much the same thing apart from one being able to go all metal
>>
>>323292602
no big boss hugged him in the ending the put him out of his "misery" and also to kill the last patroit
>>
>>323292602
Pretty much. It also to me makes it feel like we were fighting for nothing the entire time.

Like originally we were told it was some spooky AI. Then it was the mgs3 team that was behind that. Now it's like oh it was just a misunderstanding, the ai is the big bad.

Kojima just makes everything up each game.
>>
>>323292715
mist one's are only present in the start of the game to teach you not to fuck with skulls
>>
>>323292764
The Ai was the big bad all through MGS4
>>
>>323292602

that's the problem when none of the staff reads the fucking script of previous games.
>>
>>323288373
initially, i was ambivalent, but after thinking about it for a long while (and hearing lots of analysis by others) i'm totally in favor of it

MGSV FIXES the canon of the series. It has lots of flaws, but I'm very happy with it.
>>
>>323292824
If only skulls and the man on fire could show up in free-roam, the run from the skulls on D-horse was tense as fuck
>>
>>323292162
>It might have been better if Venum Snake had some actual characterization and if his story was emotionally involving in its own right but seeing how it wasn't the game would have been considerably better if it actually was about Big Boss feud with zero and his consequential descent into megalomania.

The problem with Venom snake is that he's somewhere half between a player avatar and being his own character.

If Kojima really wanted the MGSV twist to make sense he would have given the player dialogue choices as Venom Snake.
>>
>>323288736
>not even be in the fucking game.

Since that you have to play the hospital intro twice, he probably has more screen time than Burnt Face Man.
>>
>>323293114
It would have been fine if he just was a likeable character in his own right. Maybe even better. If I grew to like him over the course of the game I might have felt for him when it was revealed to him that he was just a decoy.

As of now he just seems like some guy who doesn't care much for what is happening to him and if he doesn't, why should I?
>>
i liked this twist better
>>
>>323293813

I would have been a powerful ending to her arc if Joost wasn't such an awful fucking actor.
>>
>>323289545
Why make a metal gear then and adveritse it falsely?
>>
>>323294130
you don't know how mgs 2 was advertised
>>
>>323292729
this

>>323292602
>>323292764
>>323292921
BB in MGSV4 never ever says he "hates" zero or anything of the sort. You just find out zero was behind it all, which was very confusing at the time.

V clears it up really beautifully, showing that zero was just a guy who loved elaborate spy fiction, misinterpreted the boss's will (as did BB), and the whole thing spun out of control.

No, between BB and Zero there ISN'T some big bad villain, just two ideologues who both misinterpreted something, and it got out of control
>>
File: 1447315071097.png (177 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1447315071097.png
177 KB, 500x280
Everyone saying the twist is good is the biggest retard on earth

If you didnt see that "twist" coming after the first five minutes of playing, you are doing something wrong in your life and need to get your brain fixed.

Too fucking obvious. Very ugu writing, kojimbles, very ugu
>>
>>323294358
Or 3.
Or 4.
Kojima has been feeding misinformation in his pre-realese stuff for a while now.
>>
>>323288373
the twist was shallow and poorly implemented. i didn't felt i was the character. worst plot twist kojima ever pulled
>>
>>323294436
who gives a shit if you saw it coming? we like it because of how it works thematically, symbolically, and for the storyline of the series
>>
>>323293813
What twist?
>lol i can talk, but i wont warn your soldiers you loved and cherished and leave them dying, but when the niglets got on board of MB she didnt suspect

Top writing
>>
>>323294612
A twist doesnt work if its obvious, fuck your casual entry level symbolism
>>
>>323288736
>it would have fucking sucked
Because? Would the overarching plot finally make some sense? Would it have meant actually letting the player control a character who is unquestionably on the wrong end of the moral spectrum? Would the image of your husbando have been tainted, Mr. Kojima? Your entire argument is "It was good because SYMBOLISM". But if you'd stop sampling the smell of your own farts, you'd realize just because something is an interesting idea doesn't mean it's any fun to play.
>>
>>323288373
yeah, i loved it. you couldnt see it coming and the end speech about bosses and free africa was heartbreaking, truly the mein kampf of our time
>>
File: bb.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bb.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>323294612
>who gives a shit if you saw it coming?
fucking kek, lad
>>
>>323293813
that shit only works if she cant read as is a retard. why didnt she write stuff she wanted to say
>>
>mgs2
>you shouldnt want to be solid snake
>mgsv
>everyone is big boss XD

why
>>
>>323294852
Because Kojima is a hack.
>>
>>323294852
>everyone is big boss
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
File: you understimate my power.jpg (39 KB, 321x266) Image search: [Google]
you understimate my power.jpg
39 KB, 321x266
>>323290145
>than some edgy, child killer
who you calling edgy? i'm gonna forced choke you to death
>>
>>323293813
>the twist that there's no twist at all
>>
>>323294804
Didn't they say the parasites activate when you try writing too?
>>
>>323294852
>everyone is big boss XD

That's the point though Anon, MGS2 and MGSV have the same message. As do MGS1.

Genes aren't important, the memes are.
>>
>>323294748
>>323294792
that's a fair criticism i guess, kojimbles should've been more subtle

however
i would prefer a twist i see coming, but that works really well plot-wise
to a WHOAH HOLY SHIT MINDFUCK twist that makes zero sense if you think about it later

in a perfect world we'd have the best of both, of course
>>
>>323292382
>lol zero wasn't evil it's was the A.I.
fucking hack kojima
>>
>>323290187
There is a rumor Kojima paid her 1 million euros just to have her sit on his face.
>>
>>323295073
MGS doesnt make much sense anyway, and V tries much harder to explain everytging fiction, instead of implementing it wisely
>>
>>323288373

I would have loved to actually have a venom vs snake fight, a fight not scripted, but instead against an enemy that bests me in every single way no matter what I do, then dying a soldiers death. That would have left me satisfied.
>>
>>323294852

What if I just want to play as Solid Snake in a video game? Or is it bad to want that, too?
>>
>>323292602
kojima hates consistency
>>
>>323292921
it's more like kojima mindset was he wanted to make a different game but he's stuck with metal gear during that time he was like fuck that this what now happens
>>
File: 1451628256435.jpg (12 KB, 250x236) Image search: [Google]
1451628256435.jpg
12 KB, 250x236
>>323292969
>MGSV FIXES the canon of the series

>series where characters can run on water with nanomachines
>series where characters have their entire bodies replaced with artificial bodies
>he thinks people care if some villain returns partially as a cyborg in a game of the series that 99% of the fans didn't even play and only read about it
>>
>>323295506
>>323295119
see >>323294421
>>
File: Aye.jpg (88 KB, 795x595) Image search: [Google]
Aye.jpg
88 KB, 795x595
>>323288373
To be honest, yes I did.

When people started talking about the Medic in the chopper, I went and studied every video with him in it.
When I spotted that he sacrificed himself for Big Boss, I praised the man as a goddamn hero. "History will never remember what he did", I told people.

So when I discovered that not only did that brave son of a bitch survive, but got awarded the highest possible honour and was even the main character of MGSV?

Yeah, I liked it. The man deserves it.
>>
>>323295906
no he doesn't deserve it

he doesn't deserve to be ripped off is identity dying as a nobody

before mgs v does anyone knew there was a medic,people history or rather zero wiped him off completely
>>
File: melchett.jpg (25 KB, 720x536) Image search: [Google]
melchett.jpg
25 KB, 720x536
>>323296114
He got promoted to the leader of Big Boss's organization, and made it better.

I'm fine with that.
>>
>>323296421
then big boss will take control of the organization taking all the credits of venom's accomplishments
>>
>>323288373
>make it better
Oh by, I don't know, maybe giving us a proper fucking ending to go with it?
>>
>>323296985
Neither of them expected Solid Snake to succeed. He was cool with it though, he was old by that time anyway. Plus he was obviously a hardcore Big Boss fan.
>>
>>323297528
i don't think the blood on his face and shattering the mirror pictures him as a BB fan
>>
>>323298409
why not
>>
>>323288373
By making the entire series non canon? Nah
>>
>>323289728
He spent the budget on the Fox engine you retard.
>>
File: VenomSnakeSmirk.jpg (76 KB, 1061x717) Image search: [Google]
VenomSnakeSmirk.jpg
76 KB, 1061x717
>>323298628
pic related was his face when he first learned about it

then as time passed and he realized wtf actually happened and he is just used he gets super pissed and sees big boss as a demon
>>
>>323298815
well its isn't his fault they gave him 70 million to create mgs 4 a linear game

and just 80 million to create mgs v+fox engine that they can use on all other AAA games
>>
>>323290728
>it isn't what I wanted so it's bad writing
Maximum autism
>>
>>323298815
All that budget on a shitty engine that can't even do tessellation.
>>
If BB would have been the actual character, people would have liked him more.
Him putting Venom in his place and ditching the game is a play to make people dislike him.
>>
>>323300026
a shitty engine that can deliver phenominal graphics with many things going in the background with an intelligent AI and real time weather
Running at 60 FPS on PS4 and XBOne
Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.