[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1280px-Dreamcast-Console-Set.png (388 KB, 1280x620) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Dreamcast-Console-Set.png
388 KB, 1280x620
What went wrong?
>>
Nothing. The console was brilliant. The manufacturer just ran out of money.
>>
Pirates.
>>
We sure as shit don't know.

t. Nintendo
>>
>>323283269
3Dfx
>>
>>323283269

Those controllers were designed so well.
so comfy.

ALSO, the game where you raise a fish with Leonard Nimoy doing narration, pretty sure it's called Sea man or something was both fun and mortifying. I miss you, year 2000!
>>
>>323283269

>horrible marketing
>EA boycotting Sega
>really, really horrible marketing
>pirates
>normalfags believing Sony's lies and falling for the hype of the DVD Station 2
>>
>>323284147
4u
>>
>>323283269
>>323284280

Oh, I forgot to add

>at this point, many people already had lost faith in Sega
>>
They fucked up the saturn and should have straight up recalled it and waited a few months before dropping the dreamcast.
>>
Didn't have much of a lifespan with the PS2 coming out so soon after it.
>>
>>323283269
In my case: hardware failure. It took 2 RMAs to get a dreamcast that didn't destroy itself.

The model for consoles (and I have no idea if it's still true today) was to sell the console at a loss to reach more customers and assume people would purchase games and peripherals to bring you into the green.

In my case they couldn't pull a sale until I could actually play the console more than a few days. Maybe the library wasn't as strong as I remember it though.
>>
It couldn't play DVDs.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.