[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question, should I buy this or is it like one of those products
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: oculus_rift_consumer-6-600x337.jpg (39 KB, 644x362) Image search: [Google]
oculus_rift_consumer-6-600x337.jpg
39 KB, 644x362
Question, should I buy this or is it like one of those products that come out that you never actually use?
>>
>>323282115

You should wait and see what games come out for it and then decide if you'd play those.

I got the DK2 and I use it mainly for fapping. If that's not your thing then it's currently not worth it.
>>
>>323282115
Seems like a waste of money right now. There really isn't that much content for it (other than over 9000 SFM fap simulators), so if you wat to play actual video games either stick with a console/PC or just wait until some more come out with VR support.
>>
>>323282115
>one of those products that come out that you never actually use?
this is a good way to describe every VR headset
>>
I'd wait a year or so.
>>
>>323282115
Apparently the one from Valve/HTC is a lot better than all the other VRs because you can actually walk around
>>
>>323284523

Who wants to walk around in their room and risk hitting the wall?
>>
>>323284782

It has a front mounted camera and can display a wireframe of the room you're in
>>
>>323284951

How would a game even work though. Would it constrict you to your room size?

I'd rather have a really good sit-down experience for simulators.
>>
>>323282115
I have a DK2 collecting dust if that helps. Used it for 1 month, having fun showing demos to family and friends, but after that there is no reason at all to play it.

Even if CV1 is exponentially better than DK2 I can't see myself playing with it every day. Not even with quality AAA titles made for it. It just feels too gimmicky for everyday use.
>>
I hope you like racing games and space shooters, because that's all the games you are going to get
>>
>>323282115
if you enjoy simulators, i guess it's safe to say you'll absolutely love it. If not, wait.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.