[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Nintendo allow Smash Brothers to make Bayonetta popular?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: oufy3aghhkqbpv2xlnll.jpg (155 KB, 636x912) Image search: [Google]
oufy3aghhkqbpv2xlnll.jpg
155 KB, 636x912
Why did Nintendo allow Smash Brothers to make Bayonetta popular?

Shouldn't the game be popular on its own?

Its a good game. But no one bought it. Yet now that shes on smash, you cant find the game.

So, nintendo was too blind to advertise it properly and now that its on the smash brothers advertising game, no one can get because Nintendo wont restock.

Makes me wonder how wonderful 101 would have sold if the put wonderful red in mario kart and wondeful blue in smash brothers
>>
>>323272957

Literally every videogame enthusiast knows about Bayonetta.

Same can't be said about "Roy", yet he was featured in Smash.
>>
>you cant find the game
>no one can get because Nintendo wont restock

eShop
>>
>>323273301
If that's nintendo strategy it's a dumb one.

A lot of people won't buy digital, they would rather not buy the game.

When you have Bayonetta selling for 80 dollars on ebay and 30 dollars on the eshop, its time to restock the game.
>>
>>323273472
>A lot of people won't buy digital, they would rather not buy the game.

Bullshit. No one that actually wants to play a game without living in a third world country would do that. Sure, it their main goal is collecting a box then alright
But if people want to play the game, then they already downloaded

If it was so popular on eshop sales then Nintendo would restock it, but let's be hones here: Bayonetta isn't actually super popular now,
only fat fedoracore Smash Bros fans are going nuts because their game featured a character that they don't know, and they are now trying to get who the hell is she supposed to be by buying the game.
...That other fat fedoracore Nintendrones are throwing on ebay at fucking stupid prices, knowing Smash fans are fucking stupid too and they will buy it anyways.
>>
File: 1440107360092.jpg (366 KB, 1500x843) Image search: [Google]
1440107360092.jpg
366 KB, 1500x843
Why are some people so obsessed with sales instead of the actual games
>>
>>323273852
Because they need cherries to pick for the ol shitpost pile.
>>
She was obviously popular as fuck if she won the ballot, retard.

I just bought this game for $26 on gametz, you just have to not be retarded when looking for games.
>>
>>323273852
Without sales there will never be sequals.

Wonderful 102 will never happen. There will never be another chibi robo game.

There will be another splatoon game. Because it sold well. If it had only sold 300k. There would never be another splatoon.

Sales matter. It matters the wii u sold like shit because now the next console will probably be some casual garabe to boost sales, but if the wii u had sold well, nintendo might have concentrated on quality games another generation.
>>
>>323273182
I think you can say the same about Roy BECAUSE he was featured in melee.
>>
>>323274528
>BECAUSE he was featured in melee.

Literally every videogame enthusiast knows about Bayonetta.

Same can't be said about "Roy", yet he was featured in Smash Melee.
>>
>>323273852
Validation. If your games sell they're good, if they don't they're bad. Faulty logic, but it's what they have for intelligence.
>>
>>323273820
People dont buy digital on the wii u because the hard drive space is fucking tiny for a lot of the userbase you sperg
>>
File: 1421893969709.jpg (527 KB, 850x947) Image search: [Google]
1421893969709.jpg
527 KB, 850x947
>>323274431
While that's true, discussing the numbers won't change any of it. Talking about the underrated games and what made them good would though
>>
>>323274663
Technically good and aesthetically good are two different things.

Example: "Waters of Nazareth" by Justice is a technically impressive song, but lacks any decent melody to emotionally engage people.
Likewise, Bayonetta is a solid enough character design and concept, but the games are drawn out and obtuse to play, morally questionable on the surface, and lacking attention-grabbing in its plot since the plot is confined to what essentially boils down to in-fighting. Thus it didn't sell.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (191 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
191 KB, 1920x1080
Can someone tell me if she's available to buy now?

whats the date if not when she's released?
>>
>>323275581
>but the games are drawn out and obtuse to play

What?
This kind of games are the true exaltation of gameplay over everything else in a videogame.
>>
>>323275831
sometime in February, probably before the release of Fire Emblem Fates
>>
>>323274706

>I can't buy a 40-60$ hard drive that you can use to install more games than the Wii U will ever get
>better burn 90$ on ebay to buy a 30$ game

And then you wonder why people make fun of Nintendo fans
>>
>>323275843
And yet they're still style over substance. Sure, Bayonetta has a lot of flashy moves, but unlike the Swiss Army Knife nature of Dante's arsenal against the enemies of DMC, Bayonetta's moves amount to crowd control of whichever flavor you desire.
>>
I bought it
>>
This whole situation just makes me glad I bought Bayo 2 on a whim months ago.
>>
>>323272957
don't blame Nintendo for your atrocious taste
>>
>>323272957
Just get the game from a store. It won't cost you much more than 10€.
>>
File: reasons.jpg (159 KB, 598x1500) Image search: [Google]
reasons.jpg
159 KB, 598x1500
>>
>>323276252
The point of the matter is that the fucking console should have more than 32gb available when you get it.
>>
>>323273820
>>323276252
>Bullshit. No one that actually wants to play a game without living in a third world country would do that.

I would. The WIIU only has a 32 gb hard drive and I don't have the space for an external where it won't have a high chance of getting knocked over, and a reasoably sized external hard drive would be around 50$ anyways, which + 30$ for the eshop game+ bayo 1 is MORE then as if I shelled out 80$ for a physical copy, which i'm not gonna fucking do.

So i'm just not gonna buy it period.
>>
>>323272957
It's not Nintendo's fault. Europe really fucking loved Bayonetta and voted for her en masse in the Smash Ballot.
>>
>>323272957
>So, nintendo was too blind to advertise it properly
Are you fucking kidding me
Nintendo shilled the shit out of Bayo 2
It got massive E3 focus, Treehouse focus, and a giant nintendo direct chunk
>>
>>323283113
Pretty sure it also had commercials and that Playboy cosplay thing, for whatever that's worth.
>>
>>323272957
Am I the only one who felt the 2nd game was shorter than the first one?
>>
>>323272957
To be fair, I have no idea how Nintendo - the family friendly video game company - could even advertise a game like Bayonetta. I do find it incredibly sad that her inclusion in Smash has so many people playing the game. It's like how nobody knew about Shulk and now everyone just knows him as "le IM REALLY FEELING IT meme guy"
>>
>>323274431
>Without sales there will never be sequals.

Care to explain Xenoblade?
Sold like shit in all territories, hasn't turned a single yen of profit even with all the ports, localizations, and eshop releases.
Chronicles X was made and released.
>>
>>323272957
Are you stupid or something?
1. the game was heavily advertised
2. Look at Bayo 1's platforms and units sold and tell me again that Bayo 2, a niche game, sold badly
3. She was heavily voted for in the ballot
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.