[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished Spec Ops The Line. Let's talk about it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: bkwid.jpg (233 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
bkwid.jpg
233 KB, 1680x1050
Just finished Spec Ops The Line. Let's talk about it
>>
>>323272264
>just finished

What? You were supposed to choose not to play. Now you're a monster.
>>
>>323272264
>Let's talk about it
Sorry bro, this game can't be discussed here without the thread turning into shitposting central
>>
now read Heart of Darkness and play it again
>>
>I can't separate a fictional character's story-arch from my own

SOMETHING TRAGIC HAPPENED TO THE PROTAGONIST THAT MEANS THAT THEY FORCED ME, THE PLAYER, TO FEEL BAD ABOUT MYSELF xD
>>
>>323274434
/thread
>>
Great game, kinda wish the combat was a bit more deep however.

But regardless, easily one of the best modern war shooters.
>>
>>323272264

you are the demons
>>
>>323274434
Pretty much this
>>
>>323272540
you are fucking stupid if you think that's what they meant
>>
>>323274434
>>323274585
>>323274665
Jesus what a samefag

Pretty insecure that you're already jumping to defensive arguments when nobodys said anything as well
>>
>>323274793
heh what a tard
>>
File: Capture2.jpg (10 KB, 214x104) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.jpg
10 KB, 214x104
>>323274793
>inb4 what is that supposed to be?? newfaggotry
>>
the twist made me cringe with how poorly it was done and the coverage of that said twist is even more cringe, feels like reading a fucking neogaf lttp thread

seriously people, read a book or watch a film, the pacing and characterisation feels like it was done by a twelve year old

also doesn't help that it's just a shit game
>>
I didn't like how there was no real choice in the game. The fact you cant return to base when your mission was to make contact with survivors was kinda silly. The fact that the white phosphorus was scripted felt kinda like a cop out. I would have liked it if there was a difficult sneak around the army as an alternative. For the characters, I found that it was an original retelling of a heart of darkness and liked that aspect. Shot the colonel cuz fuck it, it was his fault
>>
>play through hours of generic military shooter to have the game lecture me about playing hours of generic military shooter

Yeah I'm alright
>>
>>323272264

I HAVE SPECIAL EYES
>>
File: received_10208047255005261.jpg (29 KB, 620x617) Image search: [Google]
received_10208047255005261.jpg
29 KB, 620x617
>>323275118
the problem is that it's something done a thousand times before and a thousand times better, its a cliché to say it but it really does feel like it was made for the BioShock infinite audience where the writer is trying to convey these really complex and harrowing themes but its all written with no human reason except to be 'a bit different lol'
>>
The gameplay was enjoyable, but I always had a nagging voice asking why they haven't contacted HQ yet and why the people couldn't be evacuated by sea. Needs of the story I guess.
>>
Do you feel like a hero?
>>
This sub hates this game, no point in trying to discuss it.
>>
The setting felt really surreal to me, and there was always a sense of everything not being real.

I think that contributed a lot to my enjoyment of the game oddly.
>>
As crazy as this sounds, I enjoyed the gameplay over many other 3rd person shooters. The weapons felt good, especially the magnum/Shotgun.
>>
>>323274434
>I can't immerses myself in a games story if my life depended on it.
I'm honestly sorry for you, you're missing out
>>
>>323274793
is this your first time in a spec ops thread?

personally I like the game, the shooter part is not special really, but very solid. I don't play much 3rd person shooters, but I actually th gameplay more than most others.
the setting has a unusual touch and overall there is much care for detail and I like that.
>>
File: SO TP.jpg (23 KB, 442x258) Image search: [Google]
SO TP.jpg
23 KB, 442x258
>>323272264
it was an alright game, it had more potential than was realized.
>>
>>323272865
To make the game better? Because that book aged like milk.
>>
>>323272264
the best action game ever made. the only shooter with a noteworthy story.
>>
GOT THE SON OF A BITCH
KILL IS FUCKING CONFIRMED
THAT'S ANOTHER ONE
ROT IN HELL MOTHERFUCKER
YEAH, FUCK YOU
FUCKING STAY DOWN
>>
I always thought the game was just supposed to show you the descent of a man into insanity. Never bought the "you could have stopped playing"-shit.

I found it also interesting that Walker is getting hallucinations about that general way before the white phosphor killings.

Besides, doesn't the game get all trippy when he goes "wait, this has happened before" in the helicopter?
>>
>>323281661
I think one of the common theories is that Dubai is actually purgatory, and Walker is reliving the game over and over. That's why he did the helicopter part twice.
>>
>>323281738

One of the developers all but confirmed this on a Gamespot podcast a while ago
>>
>>323272264
I've played it twice and while I enjoyed it more the second time, It still didn't do anything all that innovative or new for me.

It's just a poor man's Apocalypse Now that ripped off postmodern elements of older games.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.