[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm convinced that nobody has actually ever beaten this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9
File: inb4 git gud.jpg (23 KB, 616x353) Image search: [Google]
inb4 git gud.jpg
23 KB, 616x353
I'm convinced that nobody has actually ever beaten this game. It's just an inside joke, like Easy Pete being the final boss of New Vegas or something like that.

The difficulty ramps up to an unfair degree with no warning and one bad RNG can totally screw you up. In runs I was doing well, I suddenly got a major string of bad luck that ended it for me. I think it's literally impossible to win.
>>
>>323270554
I beat it with the Engi cruiser a few days ago.
Whats your strategy? What do you prioritize?
>>
>>323270554
you are fucking bad just like everyone who makes these whiny bitch threads. GET GOOD BITCH
>>
>>323270554
Just because you're a scrub who can't beat it doesn't mean it's impossible, anon :^)
>>
flak cannons and vulcans. If you can luck into either of those, you're fine. Also upgrade your engines.
>>
>>323270554

The original was great, the fucking patch was bullshit.

The hacking subsystem literally needs to go.
>>
>>323270554
Easy Pete ain't nothin to fuck with nigga

Hope you like dynamite up your ass cause that's all that fight is
>>
File: 1447535065660.png (50 KB, 158x214) Image search: [Google]
1447535065660.png
50 KB, 158x214
>finally got to point to fight the final boss
>go to a store to get stocked up
>start to head to the boss
>"Too late, you lost! Game Over!"
Fug, I remember there being some warning that something was gonna happen but I was pretty pissed for being a retard. Still haven't actually gotten that far again
>>
>>323270554
my favorite streamer darktwinge goes on 20 win streaks and has modded the game to balance it.
>>
>>323272506
Hack their hacking.
>>
>>323270554
>I lost the game one time
>It cannot be beat

If you accidentally try to unlock your front door with the wrong key, do you move on to the next house? Because that is how retarded you are right now.
>>
Eh, once you get a hang of things it's not actually difficult at all to reach the final boss, you'll make it pretty much every time unless you're really, really unlucky. Beating the final boss is just a matter of knowing how it works and having the right stuff, as it can be either really easy or literally impossible depending on your setup.

I only actually beat it a couple times before I just stopped playing though. It's not really fun anymore once you realize that the entire game is basically just a grind to prepare for the final boss.
>>
>>323272636
They really should've added more modes with the update. Like an endless mode, or challenges.
>>
>>323272636
Only way ive gotten close is Burst laser 2 with w flak 1s and a missile launcher of some kind onboard the kestrel

I had like 3 shields and full engines and managed to get to final stage with half hp but those fuckers boarded me and i got shredded

I honestly dont know how the fuck Im gonna top that besides mabye replacing something with a glaive beam
>>
>>323272593
>my favorite streamer
>>
i havent beat it since the patch mostly because i only played for a little bit, but i beat it 4 or 5 times on hard before. its really not that difficult.
>>
>>323270554
You should play an easy game. Like wizardry 4.
>>
I beat it twice, on easy. Once with the engi ship and once with the basic ship. Basic ship had a fuckload of missles, engi ship had boarding teleporters and drones and mantises. I picked apart the enemies subsystems both times and killed their crew as much as possible.
>>
File: 1443727679413.jpg (22 KB, 275x275) Image search: [Google]
1443727679413.jpg
22 KB, 275x275
>>323270554

everytime theres a steam sale we got these threads of whiny gaylords soon after

it is possible to beat the RGN even on hard mode, once you know the game you know what to do and where to go to increase the RNG probabilities to work out in your favor
>>
>>323274318
>play an easy game
>like wizardry 4
What hellish dimension do you hail from to consider wizardry 4 easy?
>>
>>323270554
What do you mean by "beat the game"? Just "kill the boss"? Or are you talking about unlocking everything in the highest difficulty?
>>
whose that streamer that beats it 90% of the time, doing straight runs? he literally proves its possible to be pretty consistent, you JUST GOTTA GIT GUD. learn to abuse the shit out of manual targeting and PAUSE, and if you care to do it, abuse character leveling
>>
File: hell yeah motherfucker.jpg (10 KB, 173x174) Image search: [Google]
hell yeah motherfucker.jpg
10 KB, 173x174
>mfw i accidentally unlocked the crystal ship in like 10 hours without actually beating the game even once
>>
Use teleporters. Boarding nets you more rewards than you'll know what to do with and the final battle is a cakewalk if your ship has good defenses.
>>
>He doesn't think easy pete is the final boss of new vegas
play it again jackass
>>
File: master chief counts to one.gif (430 KB, 300x177) Image search: [Google]
master chief counts to one.gif
430 KB, 300x177
>finally beat final boss
>it runs
>catch it
>swarms me with fucking drones i cant defend against
>hear there's one more stage after this

uninstall.exe
>>
File: 2016-01-09_00001.jpg (244 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-09_00001.jpg
244 KB, 1360x768
>Have a great start with mantis A, rock A and kestrel B
>Fuck them all up with dumb mistakes
>Win with engi B relatively easily
Cloak and breach II too good.
>>
>>323270554
With a little bit of experience, there are many ways to abuse the game. In "easy" mode (which is already fairly hard, I'll give you that), almost anyone can beat the game. 150 hours were enough for me to unlock EVERYTHING, that is to say all ten ships and their 28 total layouts, killing the boss 32 times in the process. And I'm not even especially good. I just love this game, which means that I played a lot, which is necessary to win in it, as in every other difficult roguelike.
>>
>>323270554
I have all the ships
Git gud
>>
File: 212680.png (721 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
212680.png
721 KB, 1280x1024
>>323270554
You can win anon, just need to pray to RNGoddess more.
>>
File: FTLEasyMode.png (14 KB, 724x299) Image search: [Google]
FTLEasyMode.png
14 KB, 724x299
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.