[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SINGLEPLAYER
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
Why can't i do it anons

Why can't i manage to play single player games like i used to enjoy

I'm trapped in an endless cycle of mobas and horrible shooting games. Pls send advice
>>
Sounds like shit taste.
>>
How long you been playing? I'm 24, been playing since I was 2 and I literally can't enjoy video games unless they have an amazing narrative. Used to be id play a game even if it was utter shit just to beat it. It was beyond a hobby.

Now... I'm dead inside and play LoL and Minecraft all day.
>>
>>323270157
27, and i've been playing for pretty much 3-4 hours a day everyday since i was 4

Rocket League was the only game to draw my attention consistently in AGES.
>>
Maybe try something that combines single player and multi player. Like dark souls.
>>
>>323270458
Incidentally; 327 hours on Dark Souls, 149 on Demon Souls, 60ish on DS2, and I've beat bloodborne twice. Good recommendation though, the souls games are amazing.
>>
no friends in real life?
>>
>>323270664
They all fucking suck at videogames.
>>
>>323269610
cut internet access.
>>
>>323270157
>>323269610
For me it's the opposite.

After having played every moba, mmo and online shooter under the sun for 7 years. I cannot touch those games any more. I miss the social aspect, kinda, but my backlog is now 3ds, vita, ps4, ps3 and ps2. There is so much amazing shit I never want to go back to MMO combat
>>
>Play single player games
>Pretend I'm streaming them

What's wrong with me? Am I just lonely?
>>
>>323271950
I pretend im making a lets play when i play games im good at, i don't speak the commentary out loud, just think in my head what i would be saying.
>>
>>323271950
I do this too, all the time.
>>
>>323271950
It's normal for people to talk to themselves while playing, streaming is just an extension of that. I usually rattle on about meta and shit in my head or out loud if I'm alone, it helps sort out how I'm playing.
>>
Emulate games. Or pirate older games, they usually re-spark my interest in games like rpgs. Or like recently with the 3ds hacking I am really excited to play a ton of singleplayer games so if you've got a 3ds or even a psp just pirate games for those.
>>
Play a genre you've never tried. Draw your own maps, take notes, do it all without the Internet's help. If you put enough effort in you can get invested in anything. Have the willpower to want to make a game your bitch
>>
>>323269610
Go play something short you can wrap up in an hour or two, like Megaman games.
>>
File: 1439948583376.gif (264 KB, 148x111) Image search: [Google]
1439948583376.gif
264 KB, 148x111
>>323270157
>LoL
I'm so sorry anon. If you don't want to feel dead inside, then seriously quit. I don't think I've ever made a better decision than quitting league. It was practically weight off my shoulders and a huge confidence boost because that game is literal cancer and slowly kills you and your personality.
>>
>>323270157

Aight, let me take a shot. This is based on my own experience, etc.

All of the fun of those games in childhood is basically because they produced intense, UNIQUE emotional responses in you. Playing games was about exploring your own unique realm of feelings, and experimenting with them in game worlds that demand us to overcome them.

Body tension seems to have cut me off from this, especially in my neck, chest, etc. This helped: just lay down, think very little, relax for real and let your body kind of "soften up" again. It can be tough to do this, you might have some reluctance to open the doors to your face-value bodily feelings, might be scared to just not think and see how you feel instead, but you can work through it. Keep at it and games, movies, music (especially?), everything will bring you to life again.

LoL and Minecraft are just degraded alternatives to the original, awesome reasons you played games, I bet. Don't I know that shit too well.
>>
>>323272663
>Body tension seems to have cut me off from this, especially in my neck, chest, etc
I only noticed recently that most of the time I'm stressed at a game or not feeling like doing anything I'm uncomfortable or I have a headache. Even the temperature in a room can mess you up. Getting comfy is seriously the best way to make things more enjoyable, and I feel so dumb for neglecting it for almost two decades.
>>
>>323272467
This is how I feel about Dota, I have 2 friends who keep wanting me to play with them which is the only reason why I play but im starting to feel like I should just learn to say no and quit.
>>
>>323271950
>>323272158

You are basically transforming it into a fantasy of social exchange, or at least that's my blunt guess. Games have meaning of their own, y'know. Just think about your dreams, which are perfectly wonderful at face-value alone, even though there's no way in hell you could properly share them.
>>
>>323273019

What I've come to realise is there can be persistent, yet subtle, body tension at all times within you. It has a numbing effect (so does thinking all of the time) that actually takes you out of the insane potential depth of feeling in you, but if you've ever felt emotionally vulnerable you'd see the appeal in just running away from them (especially in childhood).

Games are more fun if you're more ticklish emotionally, that's for sure.
>>
Only play multiplayer games for a long time if you actually got passion for them.

Dicking around casually for hundreds of hours is terrible.
If you got the fire, keep going, but if you just play them to play them look for something else.

Its why I absolutely refuse to play moba garbage at this point but still put the work into fighting games, as I actually aim to improve a lot in them.

Aside from that relearn how to play and enjoy single player games.
Multiplayer games suck up a fuckton of time and often you get addicted to them because of social pressure, skinner box shit or other shitty factors.

Sometimes I take a step back from everything multiplayer, take a look at my backlog and decide to knock some short titles out. No RPGs, no games without a proper goal like Monster Hunter, definitely no multiplayer shit in general.
You can finish one great SNES game a day easily. It feels good too and its a generally different experience.
>>
>>323272062
Same. Wonder if I should give video making a shot.
>>
>>323271950
>>323272062
>>323272158
>>323272167
Either you're all underage or have devolved to mindless zombie drones. What's wrong with you. Gtfo.
>>
>>323275054
Someone has never seen an old man play video games before, I'm sorry you had a bad home life.
>>
OP here

I'm emulating Brave Fencer Musashi

Spark FUCKIN' rekindled. How in the fuck did i ever miss this game as a kid? Thanks for the anons that suggested emulation
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.