[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on Xenoblade Chronicles?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 26
File: Shulk.png (251 KB, 374x600) Image search: [Google]
Shulk.png
251 KB, 374x600
What are your thoughts on Xenoblade Chronicles?
>>
>>323265632
MONADO MONADO MONADO
I wish the characters would shut up
I'm an autistic sidequest completer and 100% explorer, so the game has been really slow paced for me.

Worst shit I've gotten so far -
>Explore every corner of a new area
>Kill all enemies and minibosses that aren't fucking level 90
>one of the minibosses is required for a quest
>pick up the quest
>miniboss doesn't/didn't respawn
>spam timeskip to try and make him respawn
>run to other zones to try and make him respawn
fucking nothing. Put the game down after that.
>>
One of my favorite JRPGs

My biggest complaint is while the story was great, I was kind of disappointing that it didn't dwell into more complex themes as other Takahashi-directed xenogames did

with the sequel, it was a return to form but the focus of X was away from story so it left much to be desired

personally cannot wait for the next game since it'll have more of a focus on story and probably a more gears/saga esque story as xenoblade 1 was the odd one out as an experiment

>>323265995
the constant speaking is required in battles because the game is balanced around synergizing attacks with your party and that would be very difficult with visual quest alone

also I think you have to just save and load your save to make the minibosses appear
>>
Much better than X in practically every regard but combat and mechs

It's sad really
>>
>>323266920
>XC1
>better world
>better side quests

no senpai

I consider the OSTs equal too since they have the same amount of exceptional, good, and poor songs.

XC1 does use music better in cut-scenes though. The way is used like 50 times whereas codename z was just used once, and I'm sure that has to do with them doing a 180 on story halfway into development because there is no way a song like that would go so underused. Same with Re: ARR.
>>
Favorite game of all time.
>>
>>323267104
>better world
Far better, to be precise

Mira is just so fucking boring and it loses and mystique and charme it had once you get your flight module, also what's cooler than walking around on 2 giants?

>osts are equal
Sure the soundtracks in and of themselves are comparable in quality but as you said, in X they are used so terribly sometimes, it's just bad

>better sidequests
I didn't do those because I don't enjoy pointless busywork so I won't comment on that
>>
>>323267313
>he didn't do murder most foul
>he didn't do the water plant in primordia
>he didn't do Alex's side quest line

You're missing out

>also what's cooler than walking around on 2 giants?

the world concept is better, but the actual level design in X shits all over XC1

XC1 had dumb areas like the ether mine and bionis interior and it's good areas are nothing compared to XCX (i.e. primordia shits on gaur plains)
>>
>>323266920
Not even close. Xc is the only xeno without being able to control a mecha. The game play isn't good enough to stand alone it's like every other single player mmo
>>
>>323267534
>primordia shits on gaur plains

How so?
Gaur plains had the best music, most comfy atmosphere and most of all, Sharla

>>323267591
>Xc is the only xeno without being able to control a mecha. The game play isn't good enough to stand alone it's like every other single player mmo

What are you trying to say here? That X's gameplay is better or worse?
>>
Just finished it yesterday. Is there any point to new game plus? Or should I just go back to my save before the last boss?
>>
>>323267781
>primordia shits on gaur plains

>How so?
>Gaur plains had the best music, most comfy atmosphere and most of all, Sharla

how so? How about the exploration completely annihilating anything in XC. I can understand liking GP more if you don't like exploring, but they why would you play a xenoblade game? You get like half the game

>>323267884
not really, unless you want to see some alternatives to some quest lines (which arn't all that important unlike XCX)
>>
>>323267957
I played XC for the fantastic presentation of the plot, the charismatic characters, the cool as fuck cutscenes, the feels, the giant mechs, THE ADVENTURE, I played it for the adventure.

X didn't feel at all like an adventure to me, the central hub thing kind of ruined any progression I felt it could have had
>>
>>323268156
>I played XC for the fantastic presentation of the plot, the charismatic characters, the cool as fuck cutscenes, the feels, the giant mechs, THE ADVENTURE, I played it for the adventure.

quick question, have you played xenogears? If not you should check it out, it does these as well if not better
>>
>>323268289
I started it and got to about the part where you're in that , I think it was a ship? I'm not sure but it's a big mech fight

I should continue that though, I did enjoy it somewhat
>>
>>323268415
ya that's when shit picks up right after that dumb kislev prison

I wouldn't stop playing it for long intervals after that point though, the story is fucking crazy and one of the most complex in the industry
>>
>>323268507
Does it have a romance too? Seems like chinese PTSD guy and the big titty girl had something going on

I found Shulk's quest to get his waifu back a great motivation for playing the game so something similar is always great
>>
>>323268754
not only does it have romance, it has one of the best romance plots in the industry. I don't want to give anything away, but there are multiple iconic scenes with the romance and the rabbit hole goes very, very deep.
>>
>>323265995
>Explore every corner of a new area
if you mean to fill the map, you just need to find the landmarks and the map fill itself
>>
File: 1418069077624.png (199 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1418069077624.png
199 KB, 800x800
>>323268915
Sounds good, I'll continue it sometime, it's super long though right?
I'll need some time to play that then
>>
>>323269032
yeah main story is like 60 some hours

beware of disc 2, the story is still awesome but dungeons were cut due to funding

it's still really good though, but gearsfags like me are still crying about it 17 years later because remake never ever since takahashi hates square/namco
>>
>>323265632
best JRPG in the last decade
>>
File: our time is coming.png (124 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
our time is coming.png
124 KB, 500x332
Was anyone else surprised when BORN IN A WORLD OF STRIFE? I always thought that AGAINST THE ODDS was going to betray you, but then it turns out that WE CHOOSE TO FIGHT BLOSSOM DANCE! instead.

Pic related
>>
>>323265632
Favorite game of all time.
>>
>>323269142
Sucks for you then I guess, let's hope X2 will be better then
>>
>>323269275
It'll be fully funded for sure, xeno is a nintendo mainstay right now so I'm really excited for that.

I don't think the story will be as good as gears but i'll probably enjoy it more than XC and XCX

I just wish the fags at namco would either do HD xenosaga or release the originals on psn because my 8 year old pc is too shit to emulate
>>
>>323269439
>having to buy a new console for the next game

I am still mad Nintendo did this
>>
Man, the artstyle for this game really is appealing to the eyes.
>>
>>323269526
XCX is more than enough content for one console, I'll gladly buy a console for a takahashi game and consider everything else as an extra (I've got the nintendo/sony console and nintendo handheld each gen since ps1/n64 so whatever)

The xeno games arn't something meant to be shat out every year or two
>>
>>323269646
>XCX is more than enough content for one console

I'm probably gonna sell it and my Pii U anytime now, since there's nothing else coming anyway
XCX was a big dissapointment for me so I'll be extremely wary about getting the sequel
In hindsight I wouldn't have bought a Pii U at all , I mean I did enjoy Bayonetta 2 and W101 but that's it, there's literally nothing else

I'll get the next handheld sure because I want the new monhun but yea
>>
File: 5212635478.png (76 KB, 196x378) Image search: [Google]
5212635478.png
76 KB, 196x378
>Want to play XC
>Know every twist

It wasn't even on purpose, everything just sort of snowballed after someone mentioned God was a human scientist
>>
>>323265632
I'm really feelin it.
>>
>>323265632
Just got confirmed that faced mechon are humans/fiora isnt dead, and i think its finally clicked 30 goddamn hours in
i wish less of the game was moving in between waypoints
>>
File: I'm really FUCKING PISSED..png (552 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
I'm really FUCKING PISSED..png
552 KB, 512x512
>mfw excited for X, thinking it would be far better than the original.
>mfw it disappointed in every way except for the battle gameplay.

I would have been ok with absolutely no online if it meant we got a less plothole filled story.

And god damn the music. I'm playing a game, not watching a anime. Did they really need to force in lyrics in half the songs? At least the dubbing is good.
>>
>>323270376
Just thought I'd say that I'm at the exact same spot as you. Faced Mechons being humans was obvious as fuck.
>>
>>323270538
what plotholes?
>>
>>323270590
Like you could put that together when it was shown that the monado couldn't cut them
I think metal face is that dude in the beginning that died, not sure
Started playing about 6 months ago, played off and on until last week
>>
>>323270768
Who is L?
Who were the other Aliens?
What kind of bullshit Mira pulling?
Who was the Skell pilot who helped Elma save the White Whale?
Who is the cloaked guy and what does he want with Lao?
Who was phone?
>>
>>323270894
>I think metal face is that dude in the beginning that died, not sure

Dude knew who Dunban was and he even has the wolverine claw things like he had at the start of the game. There's really no reason to doubt it.
>>
>>323271045
>Who is L?
unresolved plot point =/= plot hole

>Who were the other Aliens?
unresolved plot point =/= plot hole

however the tech was very similar to Elma's and Luxaar mentioned it belonging to the Qlu system which is where Celica is from

>What kind of bullshit Mira pulling?
unresolved plot point =/= plothole

>Who was the Skell pilot who helped Elma save the White Whale?

>Who is the cloaked guy and what does he want with Lao?

Who was phone?
dad

learn what a plot hole is. A plot hole would be something like every alien understanding each other and they didn't tell you why (they do in this case, it's mira)
>>
>>323267534
Oblivia is kind of a snore, being the "empty desert" area. X and XC have equal worlds, I'd say, since XC's setting in general was so unique and magical (every area SHOWED YOU where you were on the giant), and X has much heavier exploration.
XC's problem was that there were some poorly designed areas (eryth sea and alcamoth were 2 big) and X's sense of exploration dies after getting a flying skell for a while (which is late game anyway).
>>
>>323265632
Great game.

>>323265995
Fuck you, the battle banter is the best shit ever.
>>
>>323265632
Good game, but overrated. The story isn't interesting and most of the characters sucked. X is better.
>>
>>323271367
Oblivia is the worst of the 5 areas and it's still better than anything in xenoblade with the exception of maybe satorl at night or the steampunk design of mechonis field

mira is seriously phenomenal, very few vidya areas come close
>>
>>323270538
The music is far better than the original game's.
>>
>>323271509
>Gaur Plains
>Eryth Sea
>Frontier Village's cute design overall
>Colony 9 and 6 being the comfiest places in the game
>Makna forest/Jurassic park
>Valak Mountain at night where all the crystals glow
>Fallen Arm
>Any part of Mechonis, especially the abandoned capital
XC had incredible areas. Oblivia and Sylvalum are the most boring in X, one being an unappealing desert and the other having a weather condition that makes it literally impossible to see along with tons of nothingness and one huge-ass mountain.
>>
>>323271751
>Sylvalum
>boring

opinion discredited
>>
>>323271045
Those aren't plotholes anon, they're just unexplored plotpoints/shit they didn't answer.
>>
File: Fiora.jpg (136 KB, 780x1100) Image search: [Google]
Fiora.jpg
136 KB, 780x1100
>>
>>323266920
Story wise maybe but gameplay definitely X
>>
File: No wait, it's 'shit'.jpg (116 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
No wait, it's 'shit'.jpg
116 KB, 1280x720
>>323271751
>Sylvalum
>Boring

Only once I'd like a Xenoblade thread that WOULDN'T turn into X WAS BETTER NUH HUH X WAS WORST NUH HUH THE MUSIC IS SHIT NO IT'S NOT pissing contest.
>>
File: Melia Fiora.jpg (743 KB, 778x1100) Image search: [Google]
Melia Fiora.jpg
743 KB, 778x1100
>>
>>323271818
>>323272030
Sylvalum has great aesthetic, but moreso it's just not suited to exploring on foot unless you're very high leveled, and it's asking you to use your new skell there when Cauldros basically makes it mandatory.
It's a very pretty area, probably purposefully lacking quiet after running through the other crazy areas. That big ass seed thing in Noctilum scares the piss outta me though.
>>
>>323270149
you should still play it, regardless whether you know the whole plot or not it's still a really fun game with memorable areas and characters, and great visuals for a wii game
>>
>>323271751
They dropped the ball with the later areas. The first two are great then you have.

>Half the continent is a chasm
>Half the continent is flat
>This continent is so inhospitable you need a fucking boring Mech just to survive
>>
>>323271509
>>323271751
I'd say they were about equal because they both are fantastic in their own ways. XBC kept me pushing through because I couldn't wait to see the next area, and discovering all the of the titans and shit was awesome, while XBX really feels like an alien world and while the scale does diminish a bit when you get your skell, the scenery is still fantastic and every new strange thing I see still makes me ask questions just like in XBC. Music wise XBC wins though because I fucking hate the NLA music so much. Everything else is pretty much alright or good, but I think overall XBC had the better soundtrack.
>>
Both games are fantastic.
XBC has better voice acting for the most part, a contained plot with no sequel bait, and a better core cast of characters along with a very unique setting.
X fixed all the big problems BC had (THE QUEST SYSTEM), but had a terrible sound director where cut-scenes are louder than characters and NLA's music is painful. Exploration is much better though, and a way to get quest items without farming is a godsend along with a bestiary and everything with FrontierNav.
Both are fantastic games. But going into X after immediately finishing XC, I was heavily disappointed for a bit. It grows on you though.
>>
File: Shulk and Melia.jpg (191 KB, 1000x820) Image search: [Google]
Shulk and Melia.jpg
191 KB, 1000x820
>>
File: Riki_with_weapon.png (266 KB, 518x444) Image search: [Google]
Riki_with_weapon.png
266 KB, 518x444
Heropon Riki is the bestest!
>>
File: NTR.jpg (70 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
NTR.jpg
70 KB, 500x373
>>323273046
>>
File: 1443541374618.jpg (6 KB, 200x215) Image search: [Google]
1443541374618.jpg
6 KB, 200x215
Bought it with my 3DS. I really wanted to like it, but I couldn't stand the auto-attack combat, as it felt like I wasn't actually partaking in the combat at all and it simply makes it a matter of "be a high enough level and only attack when your party members are drawing aggro". It feels less skill-based than turn based combat in that aspect, and that's saying something.

Also, the fact that the only thing that makes battles dynamic is using abilities/arts, but they're bound to the D-pad so you have to stop moving completely to equip them or reach your right thumb over the whole DS is crazy. Those controls plus the confusing UI controls/interface made the game way less comfy than I wanted it be. I also made the mistake of keeping the annoying English voices on, though I'm sure I would have gotten used to it if I kept playing.

I'd just like the game so much more if it had FFXV, or even MonHun combat and I felt like I was actually doing something. I was expecting something a little more hack n' slash-y.

I've sold my 3DS since then, but I might pirate the game again sometime to try it on Wii and at least get a little further into it, as I'm sure the controls will be much improved over the 3DS version. Although, FFXV looks like the game I wanted Xenoblade to be, so maybe I won't even need to pick it up again.
>>
File: this will trigger meliafags.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
this will trigger meliafags.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>323273046
NEVER
EVER
>>
>>323271045
>>323271317
I wish the main character got some kind of backstory.
>>
>>323273170
Don't you have a PC? Just fucking emulate it you goofster
>>
>>323273157
This happened on my file without even trying to make it happen. Shulk and Melia's AIs were both absolutely terrible so I never had both on the same team.
I swear the devs did that on purpose.
>>
>>323273148
way fucking better than tatsu
"nopon are pacifists" my ass, get off your potato rear and help the fuck out like a real heropon should
>>323273170
it's what everyone thinks in the beginning, but once you get into chain attack damage combos, gems, tension and stuff like that it gets a lot more interesting. Some of the most impressive shit I've seen is killing a level 70 something dragon as a level 40 or 50, dispite looking like MMO combat, your party choice, equipment and gem setup all start to matter a lot in the end
>>
>>323273213
Heropon riki will look after melly.
>>
>>323269187
Can I make my character look like Dunban in XCX?
>>
>>323273428
shit I just realized that the reason tatsu calls lin linly is probably a reference to melly
>>
>>323265632
I liked playing the game but the abhorrent amount of plot twists turned the game into a fucking joke by the end. They had such a cool fucking world and the convoluted plot and the way it is told absolutely ruined it for me.
>>
File: Xkn7Bt9.jpg (490 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Xkn7Bt9.jpg
490 KB, 1280x720
>>323273424
I actually like tatsu as well. gotta remember he's only 13.
>>
What weapons do guys use in X? I usually went with physical Dual Blades/Guns, but I hear physical is a shit "element" compared to others.
>>
>>323273253
kinda does, do yelv's affinity missions
>>
>>323273213
>Melia didn't win the Shulkbowl
>Sharla was on her side but later switched teams
It hurts
>>
File: r3XvJjD.jpg (358 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
r3XvJjD.jpg
358 KB, 1280x720
>>323273937
Funnily enough I beat the game before even doing yelv's missions, I've only just recruited him.
>>
>>323273554
it's not so much his character I mind I just felt blueballed because I thought I'd have another DPS god in XBX. I was more mad about the glasses though, why the fuck can't you get those as equipable items? And why does tatsu stick with his old gay ass glasses after the quest?
>>323273839
I think people consider physical shit because there aren't as many skills geared towards upping physical damage as opposed to something like electricity or ether. I roll gal knight and the beam sword skills are fucking great, half of my arts bar is just melee skills that have melee combo attributes that do more DPS than my skell at the moment
>>
>>323274060
Alright, I really want to try other classes too, but I've pretty much spent all of my BP on Jaguar arts and skills. I've lately only gotten scraps from the archeological/biological things.
>>
>>323274060
Yeah, for a game called XENOblade, I felt there was a real lack of Xenos on your team. I mean, there's L, Celica and Ayylma but where are my Nopon, Prone, Wrothian and Orphean companions?
>>
>>323274338
>Elmo thinks people won't accept her

You have a literal Demon in your ranks, nobody is going to make fun of your Bizmuth eyebrows girl.
>>
>>323274338
well It did have a lot more than Xenoblade chronicles, which technically didn't have any xenos
>>323274319
I should mention, once you master a class at the top of it's tree (for example galactic knight or FMJ) you can use the weapons associated with it (as well as their arts) in any class, making for some interesting combos later in the game.
>>
File: 1366753483529.png (307 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
1366753483529.png
307 KB, 403x403
>>323272676
>I fucking hate the NLA music so much
>>323273025
>NLA's music is painful
>>
>>323274319
When you max out a branch, you can use that class' weapons, arts and skills with any other classes, making leveling up new classes real easy. You also unlock grinding missions for easy BP gains after you clear the main story.
>>
>>323273526
This. Solid game and characters but the story was a joke.
>>
>>323274948
>solid characters

L O L
O
L

You can't be serious right?
The characters are literally one-note personalities with no depth whatsoever
>>
>>323275205
>Irina

>introduced as a stern, stoic soldier
>later shit talks gwin
>revealed that she has had problems with men in the past and it shows
>her drive is to live up to Leon
>stated in murdress's affinity quest she never had a mother, explaining her tomboy look/behavior

I havn't even finished her shit and this is more development than anything in blade 1

the strength of XC1's characters are that they start off strong, but have very little development. Each character may have a scene of two showing growth but that's it
>>
>>323275567
>caring about characters who appear maybe 3 times in the main story

I was mainly shitting on Elma, Tatsu, Lin and Lao
Those are just a few of the completely terrible personalities X has to offer
>that fucking tatsu is food banter with lin

just
kill
me
already
>>
>>323275758
the main recruitable characters are elma, lin, lao, gwin, irina, Doug, and maybe L
>>
>>323275567
Speaking of Irina, you forgot to add that Gwyn said near the end of the game that she was showing suicidal tendencies due to the pressure of the situation finally cracking down on her
>>
>>323275205
>>323275758
Thread is about the original game dumbass, which is what I was talking about when I said "decent characters".
>>
>>323275875
oh right this was also really big
>>
>>323271938

Fiora... I...
>>
>>323275834
And the only ones of that bunch I liked were Doug and L

Compare that to XC, where I had a hard time choosing who to take with me because I liked them all a lot
It's just so sad to think they couldn't spend more time actively developing the characters instead of just making dumb jokes

>>323275926
Yea, I realize that now , I'm tired man sorry
>>
File: 1446285313410.jpg (31 KB, 387x461) Image search: [Google]
1446285313410.jpg
31 KB, 387x461
>>323275758
>not liking Elma and Lin
>>
>>323276015
>liking Elma
I can understand because she has that sexy ganguro look but
>liking lin
Why? She's the worst white knight piece of shit underage loli bait I've seen, god she's so bad it makes me mad how much she ruined my experience
They just had to shoehorn that piece of shit into every main story mission
>>
>>323276104
I'm not saying Lin is exceptionally good, but she would've been so much better without Tatsu.

Game would've been better without Tatsu.
>>
>>323276206
I guess I can agree with that, I actually sort of felt a connection to Lin when she started sperging out over mechs but that's really all it was

>tfw the best alien race in the previous game ruined the new one
H-How?
>>
I wish Shulk never showed up in Smash. Attracted nothing but cancer since then and XCX ended up a butchered shit only because of it.
>>
heading into galahad fortress now. played around 40 hours. i love this game, but there are a few things that i dont like. the chattiness of the characters in battle can get annoying, but admittedly i find it charming most of the time. then there's the AI being complete dumbasses, standing in lava when fighting a monster and making me call them just to reset their position.

considering the depth of everything in this game i can't really stay mad at minor things like that. the music is fantastic, i already know all of the story but have yet to experience it, its fun working together with the AI to topple and combo other status effects, the quests are rewarding and often give more than what they say at the beginning. hell, walking around is rewarding with each location you discover.

yeah, its good, i might get X after i finish this. for those that have played both, what changes in X?
>>
>>323277048
good:
>more complex combat

>way better exploration/areas

>side quests are actually worth a damn

>utilizes underpowered hardware better than XC

>better world building

>FUCKING MECHS

worse:
>story

>music utilization

>overall balance gets disrupted once you get mechs at mid levels

>while the world is better, the setting is just a planet rather than 2 giant gods (albeit a very mysterious planet with odd properties)

mixed bag
>you may/may not like the characters more

>you may/may not like the music more

>miranium/probe management
>>
>>323272028
Fucking miiverse
>>
>>323277390
>better world building
How?

>utilizes underpowered hardware better than XC
While X runs suprisingly smooth on the U, the Wii running XC smoothly is far more amazing

Why did you even list this as a point? It's completely irrelevant holy shit
>>
>>323277702
XC's world building is all in the intro cutscene and then once more in mechonis core, there really isn't much to it

mira just had properties and attributes added onto it more as the game went on, even in side quests such as the white light, and there is still stuff we don't know about it

it's not irrelevant, XC has lots of frame drops while XCX doesn't
>>
>>323277905
>XC has lots of frame drops

I didn't have any, then again I emulated it
>>
>>323277976
>then again I emulated it

yeah well no shit

wii version got frame drops if you were fighting more than 3 enemies at once, XCX can have 4 times that and no drops
>>
>>323277593
Press L+A
>>
File: 1346148088658.jpg (26 KB, 640x352) Image search: [Google]
1346148088658.jpg
26 KB, 640x352
>XCX fantards
It's hilarious watching people force themselves to praise such an overhyped game. The devs fucked up so many simple things the game is chore to play.

>b-but exploration
There's nothing of interest to discover beyond aesthetics. "Treasure Chests" in the form of broken machines or piles of shit just give you money (or probe to make money). It's boring.
>>
>>323278685
exploration in an of itself is a reward, especially if you have such finely crafted areas like XCX. If you can't see that then just stick to linear games
>>
>>323278758
Not that guy but exploring did feel like a chore at the beginning since you had to explore to meet the main quest requirements, that alone really left a sour taste in my mouth

Then when you get your flight module, it's just a chore since you're constantly losing fuel but you don't want to go on foot since it's just so much slower
>>
>>323278758
>especially if you have such finely crafted areas like XCX
I hope you are joking. The areas look pretty, other than that they are just big dull open areas with a few shitty caves that all look alike.

Again, other than aesthetics, there is nothing of interest to discover. And since the dumbass devs decided to show you the world map from the start of the game, you don't discover shit.
>>
>>323278930
not a problem for me, first thing I did after the tutorial was explore. This is, and was advertsied, as a game with a heavy aspect on exploration

fuel wasn't an issue, it was miranium
>>
>>323279017
>listening to advertisements

I also ran around Primordia for a good 10 hours before really starting the main quest, at that point I was overleveled as fuck and the game was a breeze to play through

It's just so counter productive that the game wants you to explore but still hopes to present any kind of challenge from the main story

Vita was a complete joke and I've seen a multitude of anons complain about that fight alone
>>
great world. decent characters. above average story. abysmal gameplay. overall would not recommend
>>
XCX has worse combat, music, story, cast, world, post game, basically everything except side quests.

I can't believe how fucking stupid these developers are. All the skells, superweapons,etc require a shitload of farming, which is boring mmo shit. So to fight that big ass super boss you do a dumb online mode to get tickets to buy items to make an Ares 90 to farm super bosses to get the ingredients to make shit to fight superbosses. But you already have them on farm status so what's the fucking point other than being some autist who wants to memeblossom them and post it on youtube? Wow. Great game design.
>>
So this will be the Xenoblade fanbase? Just like Final Fantasy's "muh 1-2-3 is better than 4-5-6"?
Can't we just agree that the entire franchise is different enough to be appreciated by different people?
>>
Guys is thr game grindy?

That's the only concern I have before buying this game.
>>
>>323279404
>Guys is thr game grindy?
To beat the story? no.
Everything else? yes.
>>
>>323279404
No, grinding is almost impossible in the first Xenoblade.
It's pretty much required in XCX's postgame, but it's more farming than grinding.
>>
>>323279473
Oops. Sorry, thought you were asking about XCX.

The first XC is not grindy at all. Infact its extremely easy to overlevel yourself by doing too many sidequests thus ruining your enjoyment of the main story fights.
>>
>>323279392
No , you rational little fuck, we can't and we won't have that
>>
File: 1294562616705.jpg (96 KB, 323x323) Image search: [Google]
1294562616705.jpg
96 KB, 323x323
>XCX is worse
No shit. That was obviously going to happen when we found out the game was made to "appeal to westerners" aka Japanese Skyrim.
>>
>>323265632

Beautiful to look at, slow and cumbersome to actually play
>>
>>323267313
>loses and mystique and charme it had once you get your flight module
You mean at 50 hours where is treated as an upgrade for convenience?

>2 giants

The only areas that feel like you're traversing 2 giants is the fallen arm and the sword. Otherwise the game makes little effort to make you feel like you're actually running around a thigh, or a back, or a shoulder. They just name miscellaneous areas anatomical set pieces.
>>
This game has been out for almost 6 years, I'm surprised it doesn't have an H doujin by now
>>
File: 1398449133438.jpg (63 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1398449133438.jpg
63 KB, 500x667
I hate how people mostly know Shulk as REALLY MEMING IT man from Smash.
Seriously, fuck Smashfags. They ruin everything.
>>
>>323278685
>XC fantards
It's hilarious watching people force themselves to praise such an overhyped game. The devs fucked up so many simple things the game is chore to play.
>>
File: 1428300161308.png (35 KB, 156x159) Image search: [Google]
1428300161308.png
35 KB, 156x159
>>323280179
>CURRENT YEAR
>Still no feather pubes
>>
>>323280331
>chore to play
How would you really define a game as being a chore to play?
>>
>>323273453
Sort of.
I tried, but gave up when I saw that Dunban's voice wasn't an available option.
>>
A good game but immensely overrated by some babby's first jrpg fags.
>>
>>323280524
I would say a game becomes a chore when you have to do the most mundane and menial tasks imaginable, i.e collecting 5 rocks from the pond, killing 10 of these enemies, stepping on 8 of those flowers, you know

But it really comes down to one's enjoyment of the gameplay in that situation, when you enjoy picking up those 5 rocks it's not a chore to play
>>
>>323280524
The game being slow with a cumbersome mechanic in its battle system, ie, the chain attack/monado. A chore. The story and world is nice in sprite of this, meaning that actually playing the game to experience this is a chore. Simple.
>>
>>323280179
It was a lot more popular in the West than in Jap-land.
>>
>>323280856
>chain attack
>cumbersome mechanic
looks like someone never learned how to get damage multipliers
>>
>tfw I only found out about gems because I struggled with the telethia before fighting dickson

at that point i didn't care enough though, so i just bruteforced my way through the game
>>
I'm still mad that you just get Seven instead of Meyneth shenanigans. It feels like such a cop out
>>
>>323265632
Story was great until the Fiora is actually alive reveal. After that it's just shitty shounen tropes.

Gameplay is fun if not a little boring. You just equip the best arts and spam them sequentially while they each reload in turn.

The soundtrack and the world are 10/10 comfiest of all-time.

Really enjoyed it and want to do a New Game+ soon.
>>
File: 1446422380250.png (19 KB, 553x759) Image search: [Google]
1446422380250.png
19 KB, 553x759
>play as riki
>riki swims in shallow water
>can't fight while swimming
Who though this was a good idea?
>>
File: 1450544878187.png (170 KB, 331x319) Image search: [Google]
1450544878187.png
170 KB, 331x319
>got bored after 30 minutes
>over 200 hours into XBCX

Kek. Great game to emulate btw, still boring.
>>
>>323281319
How the fuck do you ignore the empty slots in your equipment screen for the whole game?
>>
>>323269187
grow some duds
>>
>>323275875
It wasn't that, I thought it was because of Leon.
Plus there is a smaller thing, the only time she ever smiles in the game is when she's shit-talking Gwyn

>>323276206
What annoys me most about Lin is that you can't really use Hideo or L, without half your team being fucking low-damage tanks

>>323282925
The fallen arm cutscenes were fucking great, although Shulks one was the weakest of the three parties
>>
>>323269187
Man, why does XCX not have lines nearly as iconic as the original Xenoblade?
>>
>>323285672
It probably did but NoA decided they rather have epic memes like HORSE EAT HORSE WORLD
>>
File: 1342152853364.gif (2 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1342152853364.gif
2 MB, 200x150
>>323271626
HUAH

YEAH

AUGH AUGH
>>
>>323285719
>hating L

Unironically kill yourself
>>
>>323285672
Soul voices are bland compared to party banter, and party banter was pretty much soul voices without the gameplay mechanic.
>when the going gets going, the tough get tough!
>>
>>323285880
They do still have unique lines like that, most of the ones I've heard are shit though
>Hey colonel let's go shopping!
>Depends if Tatsu can make it

Only one I remember liking was Fiora's one with Doug, just because it was so daft.
>I didn't even need to pull my sleeves up for that
>Just make sure you can pull your sleeves up when you need to.

Fiora's manic laugh when firing from a skell is good too
>>
The only jRPGs I had played previously were Dark Chronicle (Dark Cloud 2) and Valkyria Chronicles, loved them both. I thought Xenoblade Chronicles was mostly really good, but in the end I think you could easily cut 10 hours from the game and it'd be better.

I know plenty of people have said that farming is not required, but at times I found I would often keep missing at bosses due to the level difference. Sure, the world is super cool, but the side quests are "collect 5 rabbit anuses", and the quest log is pretty slow to access, so it got pretty tedious.

I liked the characters and the story. Riki was really funny at first, and I was afraid I'd get tired of him quick but it never happened. My biggest complaint about the writing is that Shulk could be quite dumb at times, he charges at an enemy like 5 times while yelling louder each time, despite it already being established that the Monado cannot hurt that kind of an enemy.

I prefer wRPGs, not even trying to bait people here, but I guess I'll be checking more jRPGs in the future.
>>
Loudest RPG I've played
>>
File: XCX.1.14.12.jpg (85 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
XCX.1.14.12.jpg
85 KB, 1280x720
ITS REYN TIME
>>
I don't care for the combat system tbqh famicom
I like having control over my characters or at least be able to change their AI
also, not being able to hit enemies five levels above yours without agiliy gems blows
>>
I can't beat the boss you fight after you meet Sharla
>>
I don't know why i thought doing the post-game/superbosses before finishing the main quest was a good idea.
Totally ruined the ending for me.
Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.