[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this shit allowed? Bad achievements thread, be it spoiler,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: reallynigga.jpg (12 KB, 940x72) Image search: [Google]
reallynigga.jpg
12 KB, 940x72
Why is this shit allowed?

Bad achievements thread, be it spoiler, absurd parameters, etc.
>>
How is this a problem?
>>
>>323265937

If someone by chance accidentally sees an achievement by maybe looking at the Shift-tab screen or even just the launch screen from steam, there stands to be potential spoilers. Why not make change the image, or creatively change the text? Its not like its terribly difficult to do.
>>
>>323266091
It's barely a spoiler that you fight krauser. I mean he's set up as a villian right from the start.
>>
>>323266091

RE4 is like 10 years old.
>>
>>323266091
There's no reason to change anything, secret achievements exist for that reason. They probably just didn't see the need when porting a game that was 8-9 years old at the time.
>>
>>323266213

True in this case, but maybe he had a change of heart or something and saves you, or ends up being the final boss, I dunno. While it is a lame example, it still remains a spoiler to those who haven't played it.

>>323266243

Doesn't matter if you haven't played it.

>>323266278

They do exist, but capcom doesn't give a shit to hide anything clearly. Why couldn't they just take the time to phrase the achievement differently and change the icon?
>>
File: see.jpg (14 KB, 937x72) Image search: [Google]
see.jpg
14 KB, 937x72
Its not like they don't know how to do it either. With the Del Lago fight they perfectly labelled the achievement without spoiling it.
>>
>>323266091
>killing the villain needs to be a spoiler
>>
>>323267718

Like I said its a funky example, but what if he had ended up being a good goy or some shit? Like he saved you at the end then commit sudoku.

And look at how they phrased the Del Lago one. They didn't say "Kill that big ass salamander". Instead they used some nuance to lightly mask it. Why couldn't they continue that trend?
>>
File: whatdidtheymeanbythis.jpg (16 KB, 937x73) Image search: [Google]
whatdidtheymeanbythis.jpg
16 KB, 937x73
>>323265412
Earned through a grand total of 6 whole minutes of playtime
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.