[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I would like to have an actual discussion/thread for PlayStation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9
I would like to have an actual discussion/thread for PlayStation Allstars.
Who is your main
Who would you like to see in a sequel
what game mechanics would you like to see in a sequel
who would you nerf/buff in the current roster

any shitposting will be seen as spam
>>
>>323258121

>Main:
Ratchet & Clank

>Character I would want in a sequel:
Gex

>Mechanics I would want in a sequel:
Maybe make it 3D instead of 2D?

>Nerf/Buff in the current roster
>Nerf
Big Daddy
>Buff
Toro
>>
>>323258121
Actual playstation all stars instead of whatever company felt it was worth paying for.

Playstation all star characters such as BIG DADDY and DANTE FROM DMC DEVIL MAY CRY!
>>
>>323258121
>Who is your main
Sir Daniel

>Who would you like to see in a sequel
(Apart from Crash and Spyro)
Rudy from Wild Arms
Dart from Legend of Dragoon
Ostrava from Demon's Souls
Jasper Rogue from Rogue Galaxy

>what game mechanics would you like to see in a sequel
customization or multiple movesets per character

>who would you nerf/buff in the current roster
Nerf:
Raiden
Kat
Kratos

Buff:
Jak
Sir Daniel
Toro
Spike
>>
>>323259372
>Actual playstation all stars instead of whatever company felt it was worth paying for.

oh you mean like
Kratos, Parappa the Rapper, Nathan Drake, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, Sweet Tooth, Sir Daniel, Spike, Heihachi, Sackboy and Toro?
>>
>>323258121
>Who is your main
Sackboy

Everybody

Some different victory conditions and overall more match settings and customization

Its the specials kills and lack of content that kills it. The characters they actually had, the abilities and movesets was good.

Oh and the stages was shit. Who thought merging 2 random games together was a good idea?
>>
>>323260898
>Oh and the stages was shit. Who thought merging 2 random games together was a good idea?
dude that shit was awesome
>>
>>323258121
>Main:
Drake
>Wanted characters in the sequel
Crash
Spyro
Dante (not Donte)
>Mechanics I'd like to see in the sequel
The game should be stopped being centered around combos.
Smaller stages
Maybe making a 3d fighter would be ok
>Nerf
Kratos
Zeus
Kat
>Buff
Toro
Jak
>>
>>323261081
Not when your favorite level gets ruined by a shitty game you dont even like. It would be an interesting idea to have a single stage that just merged all the levels, I guess, but that would require too much effort anyway.
>>
>>323258121
The real Dante.

That's all it would take to get this shit rolling
>>
>>323261247
>Not when your favorite level gets ruined by a shitty game you dont even like
ohh boo hoo
>>
>>323259490
>jasper
you mean jaster?
>>
File: 1349153035426.png (79 KB, 500x206) Image search: [Google]
1349153035426.png
79 KB, 500x206
>>323258121
>Main
Parappa
>Wanted characters
Rudy or somebody from wild arms
P4 Brotag
Lomax from lemmings
>Mechanics
Mostly improvements to the current ones
A small life system that you need to break to connect lvl1 supers
faster movement speed
smaller arenas/closer cameras
>Nerf
Raiden, his lvl 2 is way too good
>>
>>323264629
I have been wondering about this

Rudy from Wild Arms, would it work well in PSAS's combat if he was a transforming/tag in character?
Im picturing Rudy, Jack, and Cecilia all being playable, but with the option to cycle through them. each would have their own moveset, and all share a lvl 1 super, but each would have different lvl 2 and 3s
>>
>>323264629
>>323264959
also whats up with that pic? ive seen it around but I dont get it
>>
>>323265036
It was an old joke about Talladega Nights being the best PS3 exclusive at launch.
>>
File: Playstation Allstars Round 2.jpg (348 KB, 1362x564) Image search: [Google]
Playstation Allstars Round 2.jpg
348 KB, 1362x564
PlayStation Allstars Round 2 roster wishlist
>>
>>323258882

>Nerf
>Big Daddy

Big daddy was fucking garbage and somehow managed to get nerfd. While characters like kat(I know she lost her baby confirms, but she was still good), sly, fat princess and cole barely got touched.

I love this game and wish it didn't die, but it needed better balance and a way for everyone to combo into their supers.
>>
>>323267057
Sly and Cole are fine

the game isnt dead, people still are playing online, I just got off a few hours ago

>but it needed better balance
yes, but I would say most of the roster is balanced, its just Kat, Raiden, and Kratos that arent balanced right, maybe even Dante

>and a way for everyone to combo into their supers.
all the cast can combo into their supers
>>
>>323267307

>all the cast can combo into their supers

I'm talking like reliable ways to combo into their supers.

And the game is dead, there's no competitive scene for this game. Which is a shame because no one played it in the mode this game shines in which is doubles.
>>
>Who is your main
Raiden, 'cause he's easy mode. I just played for the Platinum trophies.

Squall
Lightning
Abe
Skylanders Spyro (fuck you)
Some minecraft shit I guess
Red (Transistor)
Isaac (Binding of)
Knack
Delsin
Some Bloodborne dude

Non-super kills, stage knockoffs

Literally don't care anymore.
>>
>>323267498
>And the game is dead, there's no competitive scene for this game. Which is a shame because no one played it in the mode this game shines in which is doubles.

well official I guess, but people still host tournaments
heres hoping it gets on Playstation Now, so we can record tournies easier
>>
File: 1409462216461s.jpg (4 KB, 190x153) Image search: [Google]
1409462216461s.jpg
4 KB, 190x153
>>323267524
>Skylanders Spyro (fuck you)
>>
File: Ostrava.jpg (40 KB, 420x450) Image search: [Google]
Ostrava.jpg
40 KB, 420x450
A Demon's Souls rep or a Dark Souls rep would be cool
>>
anyone here from the old general?
>>
>>323258121

>>Who is your main
PaRappa
Sweet Tooth
Sir Dan

>>Who would you like to see in a sequel
Lammy
Rau Utu(Mark of Kri)
Robbit(Jumping Flash)
Last Human(Resogun)
Dart(Legend of Dragoon)
Ellie(Last of Us)
Knack
Lemming
Abe(Oddworld)
Megaman X
Lu Bu
Klonoa
Prinny
Spyro(most likely using Skylanders)
>>
>>323258121
>Who is your main
Sir Dan

Gex
Any JRPG
More PS1 reps no matter how obscure
No more 3rd Parties

Universal Air Dashes
Air Supers
Choose which Super you want to use
Burst (Use Super Meter to burst out of air combos)
Removal of Cinematic Supers

Nerf
I wouldn't nerf anyone but I would buff the rest of the roster to be on the same level as Raiden, Kratos and Donte.

Sir Dan has so many moves that look like they should combo into each other but simply don't. In a game where you don't have a life bar, I think being able to combo pretty much anything is extremely crucial.
>>
>>323258121

>Main

Jak/Ratchet/Heihachi/Spike (started to learn how 2 Donte as well but the game died then)

>sequel

more item variety and more remixes, as well as more song choices for stages would also love to see a stamina mode ala Project M

>game mechanics

mentioned above.

>nerfs/buffs

nerf the shit out of Kat. Whoever thought adding an MvC type character to a King of Fighters type roster is completely pants on head retarded.

Buff every low tier character like Spike, Radec, Sir Dan, etc. Every character should have a 100% reliable Hit Confirm into super. It's retarded when you have characters like Raiden who have like 8 dozen ways to hit confirm, with many being off his grab, while Spike's hit confirms are stupidly situational or extremely hard to pull off.
>>
>>323268547

>>what game mechanics would you like to see in a sequel

I would like Sony to keep the mechanics from the first and add new modes such as Heath Battle, CTF, King of the Hill, etc. Also more than two mashups each stage.

Goodies for completing tasks should be playable demos and costumes for each character, Pictures and Music of Playstation throughout the history and be able to switch menus and hubs.

Features for Online play includes Tournament match ups and the host should have the option to spectate, comment and record the matches they set up.
>>
>>323267498
>And the game is dead, there's no competitive scene for this game. Which is a shame because no one played it in the mode this game shines in which is doubles.

I blame the community for trying to force 1v1 so hard and then proceeding to go to tournaments to show off incredibly boring and repetitive Donte/Drake combos where all they do is repeat the same combo string until they get to level 3, score 2 kills and start the process all over again. This made sets last up to 15+ god damn minutes.

The community did nothing to try to at least make their matches seem appealing to the stream monsters by mixing it up.

Doubles went a hell of a lot faster because now every character can be viable thanks to team play being important to setting up kill confirms. Sir Dan having shitty supers is negated by the fact that the rest of his movesets and grabs keep the enemy on lock down long enough for a shitty Spike player to get a Level 1 super in.
>>
>>323269215

>>who would you nerf/buff in the current roster

I think Sir Dan still need some buffs. I wish there's at least 10% chance of when using the Drumstick, your opponent can turn into a dinner and once you grab it, it'll earn you a point.

Raiden and Kratos needs some nerfs, probably have slower recoveries for the square attacks.
>>
>>323258121
- Keep the 2D
- Stage ring-out kills: Im not talking make it like Smash, no, I mean have some stages have a ring-out like Sandover Village while also keeping enclosed stages like Metropolis
- Add a damage meter/counter: like in smash it controls how far your/your opponent
- Speed up the gameplay (possibly, imo its fine, but could be faster)
- More Balance: obviously. Kratos still builds AP too fast for how good his level 3 is. So balance out the ammount of AP needed for different supers. Kratos's or Emmett's level 3 should require double its current ammount, while supers like Spike's or Parappa's can remain the same.
- Add in power attacks, like how in Smash, the A attacks have a basic attack, and then a smash attack. add that for the Square moves (maybe, this is not a important issue since most, if not all the square attacks the characters have actually come from their games)
- Add variations/alt movesets: like in Mortal Kombat, each character has multiple movesets with slight variations to them. Give PSAS characters more to them to make even similar characters more unique from eachother: examle, Cole Macgrath can have Good Cole and Evil Cole as 2 different movesets instead of having those characters take up 2 character slots. maybe be bold and give Cole a 3rd and have Vampire Cole. Ratchet and Clank have a ton of different weapons to choose from and make a different moveset out of.
- Add custom Supers: kinda a branch off of the last one, give each character different optional supers that can be swapped out: example: Jak's current level 3 is Light Jak, gie him a alt level 3 where he is a playable Dark Jak.
- Include boss battles: they dont even need to be for a story mode. just have a boss rush mode.
>>
>>323269621
(cont.)
- Include unlockable characters (possibly): I know some people actually like unlocking characters, but I, and I'm sure im not the only one, like having all the characters there from the get go to play with.
- Focus on getting the important 3rd party characters: The big 5 as I like to call them. Crash, Spyro, Cloud, Snake, and Lara.

Heihachi can stay, and Dante can if we get classic Dante as the default. Big Daddy and Isaac Clarke aren't needed as filler 3rd party. If we get Snake, Raiden isnt needed as a filler MGS rep( and good riddance). And dont take no for an answer.
>>
File: 1449400369902.jpg (35 KB, 390x274) Image search: [Google]
1449400369902.jpg
35 KB, 390x274
>>323267524
>I just played for the Platinum trophies
>Lightning
>Skylanders Spyro (fuck you)
>Some minecraft shit I guess
>>
>>323269621
>Add in power attacks, like how in Smash, the A attacks have a basic attack, and then a smash attack. add that for the Square moves

I really don't see why this is necessary. There's 3 dedicated attack buttons and each has a different moveset based on direction you're holding or if you're in the air.
>>
>>323269987
I mentioned its not important, just shooting ideas out
>>
>>323266794
Looks like a good roster to me. I would definitely like to see more franchises getting multiple reps.
>>
>>323269538

I remember how bad the old WNF tourneys where, it was just all drakes, sackboy and raiden using the same combos over and over or drake and sackboy zoning.

Was horrible to watch and didn't help people get into the game at all, like you said.
>>
File: allstars.png (151 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
allstars.png
151 KB, 500x250
Not gonna lie, that intro movie theme was hype as fuck. Not to mention it makes a fool of Donte.

6/10 game, would play again.
>>
>>323270270

Yeah, I remember it too

Because I was there

You guys only suffered a tiny portion. I had to wait forever for 1 of the 4 stations to free up because everyone was too busy trying to get their level 3 Drakes.

There were some legitimately cool matches off stream played by some of the people who mained lower tier. There was a Parappa vs. Sir Dan match that was pretty damn quick, a Heihachi vs. a True Evil Cole and a Totoro vs. a Sweet Tooth.

They were all really fun to watch since they couldn't depend on OP level 3's to cheese the game. They had to do a lot of set ups, reads or just plain luck supers.

But you didn't see any of that shit on stream. All you saw was Drake wondering where he was
>>
>>323270375
>that intro movie theme was hype as fuck
how? why do people keep saying this? It's a bunch of literally whos slowly meandering in a boring as fuck arena taking itself way too seriously
>>
>>323270614

Because Madeon.
>>
>>323270567

Don't forget about the barrels and HOT POTATO

But I really liked the game and wish it didn't die and that people would of gave it a chance. But it doesn't play exactly like smash bros and the roster wasn't what people wanted. So it died.
>>
>>323269104
I like your game mechanics
>>
>>323271186

You should, because a majority of the fighting in this game is done in the air.

Only a few characters actually have ground combos. Everyone else spends teh rest of their day in the air.
>>
>>323271516

Because being in the air was the safest place because basically no one had air combos(or no way to combo into supers in the air) except for kat.
>>
>>323271754

And now with air supers, the air won't be the safest place so now you have more to think about when both of you are in the air.

Thankfully, with the addition of air dashing on top of your double jump, you do mobility options to dodge or bait out a super and counter it with your own or lead that into a combo or bring the fight back to the ground.

This game really should have been the Guilty Gear to Smash Bros.
>>
What about eliminating level 3 supers directly? They all were pretty bland and ruined the fun and the pace of the fight.
There should be different types of level one supers for each character, all equiped at the same time. Depending on the directional input or the button combination, you use one of them.
The supers bar should be able to contain, at least, 3 level 1 supers
>>
>>323272508

I like that idea. The super system should honestly be some more like Third Strike, except you can switch between them mid battle instead of the CSS.

Instead of designing them around "strength" and amount of kills theoretically capable, they should be more designed around "types" of supers that every character posses.

Sort of like how a shump or a run'n'gun have shit like laser, spread, homing, rapid and what not. I think it would lead to a lot more variety in super types as well as a far easier way of balancing.
>>
>>323261247
It was actually a really cool idea for a crossover game and was implemented pretty well.

Problem is that it got old pretty fast and since they had all that work go into these stages, there weren't as many as there could've been at the end of the day
>>
>>323272724

For some reason the Strider remake comes to mind where you would switch between Cypher modes depending on the situation.

You could design different "Super" types that would work well given a certain situations. Like corning an opponent at a wall would be the opportunity to bust out a spread super to limit their options.

A laser super would require precision but it would be fast and pierce through opponents if you manage to line them up.

Homing supers would cost more and would be slower, but you could score a kill if you then proceed to stunlock the opponent while your homing super is seeking.

A flamethrower type super would have shitty range but it would last way longer than your other supers.

I think the super system can work, it's just the lame ass execution Superbot took that made it completely unappealing. I know everyone wants Smash Bros type ring outs but I honestly like the wall bouncing and the combo system in Sony Smash. I would hate for it to be tossed out just for another percentage system knock off.
>>
fuck off rick

i know you're in here
>>
>>323273313
>I think the super system can work, it's just the lame ass execution Superbot took that made it completely unappealing. I know everyone wants Smash Bros type ring outs but I honestly like the wall bouncing and the combo system in Sony Smash. I would hate for it to be tossed out just for another percentage system knock off.
This so much. I don't want a smash clone. I want it to conserve it's own identity.
I actually like the idea of the super system. That way the player who deals more damage to it's oponents is the most likely to win. Because dealing damage doesn't punish other players, it rewards you.
In smash, the last hit is what it counts. The player who hits last gets the kill. With the super system that gets nullified
>>
>>323258121
>Main
Emmett Graves

Less third parties and less literally who's

>What game mechanics would you like to see in a sequel
Everyone has 3-4 life bars and obviously hits take off health.
Everyone has a super bar that builds up with hits and builds even faster with combos. Instead of having three supers, everyone has one cinematic super (like Heihachi's, Toro's, and Spike's level 3) that does a lot of health.

>nerf
Raiden, Kat, Squaretos, and Donte
>buff
Sir Dan and Toro
>>
ASBR sucks
>>
>>323275027

>Emmett

Why?
>>
Sometimes I wish the rumoured DLC was real.
>>
>>323279390

I wish they handed off development to anyone but Sony Santa Monica
>>
Is there an actual single player game to this?

I just realized that I have it on my Vita, must have been from a sale or something
>>
>>323279907

It's basic as hell

It's your typical fighting game single player. Fight a couple of random 1on1s, a team battle a free for all, your rival and then the final boss.

Every character has their own set of trials where they go over basic combos and then a challenge mode where you have to beat certain objectives like win using only square moves or survive someone's super.
>>
>>323258121
I'd like to see a new Ape Escape, or a new Parappa, or even a newMedievil.
But I just fucking hate that fan-service-mascott brawler for kids, that is just the most retarded idea ever vreated for a vidya.

Smash and All-Stars are cancer.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.