[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SO YOU THINK YOU CAN RIIIIIIIIIDE THIS CHOCOBO?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
SO YOU THINK YOU CAN RIIIIIIIIIDE THIS CHOCOBO?
>>
>replaying FF13 on PC at the moment
>really enjoy it
Why do people hate this again? After I got the paradigms battles became fun. The game looks absolutely gorgeous. The story is enjoyable. The music is good. Characters are, well, okay I guess.

Also holy shit, Lightings voice in japanese is much better.
>>
I'd ride Lightning's chocobo if you know what I mean
>>
>>323255837
because it's literally press A to win for the first 20 hours

After that it's much better, but being so braindead until then was unforgivable for me.
>>
>>323255852
>I'd ride Lightning's chocobo if you know what I mean

What did he mean by this?
>>
Whenever I see lightning in that game all I can think of is a budget version of Lenneth Valkyrie.

>>323255837
Currently trying to do the same, the game is not cooperating at all by running at silky smooth 12 fps for no particular reason.
>>
>>323256054
>because it's literally press A to win for the first 20 hours
I don't know about you but I'm not using auto-battle. I also use different paradigms all the time. There is barely a time where I use one paradigm for more than a moment.

Also I'm not leveling my characters untill I have hard time with any enemies. Keeps the fights harder and more interesting.
>>
>>323256326
I have
>Phenom II X4 965
>GTX 650
Running at 60fps 75% of the time, mostly in battles. Rest of the times it drops to 30. For what it is, it's running pretty smoothly for me.
>>
>>323256368
My main gripe is how linear the game is, the only exception is Archlyte Steppe, until you continue the story to get into the hallway again. But I agree that the battle is fun. In fact, I can safely say that the battle system is what carried me to play XIII trilogy. Maybe also the lore.
>>
Shit song from a shit game.
>>
Why is Lightning so perfect?
>>
>in japanese dub, the term NORA is a play on words which mean straycat
>in english dub, it's a acronym
Why is this okay?
>>
>>323256771
Because small boobs.
>>
>>323256771

That's a good question. To best describe Lightning I've brought these roses with me today. The rose has many meanings such as love, passion, beauty, and devotion. The rose is also linked with new theories, epiphanies, and ideas. Lightning is indeed a versatile and unique flower. She is not merely the face of Final Fantasy 13 but is also the face of the player: You.

By experiencing the story of Final Fantasy as it unfolds around Lightning you can create your own story along with her. I think that is what makes her such an aspiring model for us all.
>>
>>323256825
It's either that or changing the name Nora altogether. It succeeds in Phoenix Wright doesn't mean it'll work in another game. SE just didn't want to take a risk, probably.
>>
File: haha dingos.png (763 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
haha dingos.png
763 KB, 800x800
>>323256996
>>
>>323256062
>What did he mean by this?
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>323255430
Nah bitch is so skinny riding on her back would be like sitting on a toblerone
>>
File: 524510_0_org[1].png (47 KB, 308x155) Image search: [Google]
524510_0_org[1].png
47 KB, 308x155
>>323256996
Toriyama pls
>>
Would you let Lightning use you as her own personal toilet, /v/?
>>
>>323257304
I'd let her use me as her own personal deodorant
>>
>>323257864
By Etro's blessing however would you do this?
>>
>>323255837
>Paradigm shift
>Weakness exploit
>Weakness exploit
>Weakness exploit
>Stagger
>Attack
>Attack
>Attack
>Repeat

The combat doesn't leave much room for options on how to approach the enemy, and this is mainly because of the stagger concept.
I played through and beat the game, and honestly it felt like a chore having to break through their stupid stagger armor by repeated actions to be able to actually make progress with them. It felt even more simplified then other FF games, and that's not a good thing.
>>
Preliminary thoughts on XIII after two or so hours of play
>Hope's Mother is the greatest character
>The game being entirely dependant on the party leader's status for game over is absolutely stupid
>No glasses waifu yet.
>>
>>323259524
>The game being entirely dependant on the party leader's status for game over is absolutely stupid
>two or so hours of play
How in the fuck have you even died yet?
>>
>>323259652
I haven't, but the game clearly states that that's the case.
Even if I complete the entire game without dying once, still have to point that that's a really stupid mechanic, out of principle.
>>
>>323259524
>>The game being entirely dependant on the party leader's status for game over is absolutely stupid
They fix that in XIII-2
>>
>>323255837

>play 13
>like it
>go back and play 10
>i have to manually switch out 8 different characters every fight just to make sure everyone gets xp

Jesus christ i hope they never make a game like 10 again. Im enjoying the story though
>>
>>323255430
>all those mad ass plebs that couldn't ride that chocobo
>>
>>323256580
>shit song
I bet you hated Otherworld from FFX as well.
>>
>>323259108
>It felt even more simplified then other FF games, and that's not a good thing.
You mean the other FF games where you spam autoattack or cheap spells like Frog?

Come on, senpai, FF has never been particularly complicated.
>>
>>323260756
>im a casual and i like being held by the hand

That's all you had to say anon
>>
>>323256054
Yeah because we've never simply just spammed attack with the occasional cure before in past Final Fantasies.
>>
File: 00602498819333_640x480_01.jpg (35 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
00602498819333_640x480_01.jpg
35 KB, 640x480
RIDE TO THIS CHOCOBO

BOUNCE TO THIS CHOCOBO

FREAK TO THIS CHOCOBO

LET'S GET IT ON
>>
>>323262604
>defending a mechanics that makes all fights a chore
I like FFX but holy shit don't defend bullshit. that said, I almost immediately stop switching people in and out and just beat the enemies as fast as I can. Lack of few levels doesn't matter that much.
>>
>>323262604
>I like doing more busywork than is necessary to get a couple of characters up to snuff.
That's all you had to say, anon.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.