[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
what went wrong?
>>
>>323252181
that and a lack of advertiseing
>>
online issues and >>323252505
>>
>>323252181
barely any advertisment, only 3 characters, 4 I guess with the priest but you never see him get his ending. No dlc for other characters to play their story, other then that everything else was solid.
>>
>>323252181
What went wrong is that it wasn't Twisted Metal 2, 4, or Small Brawl.

Same thing that went wrong with every other Twisted Metal that isn't one of those three.
>>
Online was borked for atleast launch month or more
PS3 PSN was shit anyways
Removal of unique characters and cars, uses a shitty faction system instead
>>
I tried the demo and the controls were shit. The vehicles handled like shit. It was shit. I realize that the older games also had vehicles that didnt have the best handling or controls but back then most vehicles in arcade-like games (obviously does not apply to games like burnout or NFS) were like that.
>>
I couldn't even play the demo.
>>
>>323252505
>>323252763
These are objectively correct, but especially >>323252763

The game itself was fine, it was a shame that we lost the more arcady feeling of the older Twisted Metal games, but it was a solid game in its own right.

Also, this is kind of minor, but I prefer playing Twisted Metal games using the dpad for turning, so not having that option kind of sucked.
>>
The people who were 12 when they played the first Twisted Metal grew up.

The people who were 12 when TM for PS3 came out were busy getting laid.
>>
>tfw unlocked warthog legit within a week of owning it
feels good
>>
>>323252181
I felt it was generalization. After Black and the originals, it felt more generalized with every vehicle belng able to use the same weapons really.

Will we ever get a good twisted metal game again?
>>
3 characters total.

Fuck that.
>>
File: OHGODWHY.gif (189 KB, 220x216) Image search: [Google]
OHGODWHY.gif
189 KB, 220x216
>>323254290
>completing that Sweet Tooth obstacle course followed by the boss fight on the hardest difficulty

I demand a fucking explanation.
>>
>>323255174
Just did it until I got it down
>>
>>323252923
>4
excuse me, nigga?

>>323253198
>no proof
yeah right, pure bullshit
>>
I enjoyed it
yeah could have used more characters but what ever the gameplay was still fun, and the final boss fight was awesome
>>
>>323253724
I remember an interview with the TM people where they were explaining why the game was released on Valentine's Day. They said that they wanted to breed a new generation of TM fans, or something to that extent. This is the only bit of trivia I know about this game.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.