[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 13
File: hero[1].png (755 KB, 950x540) Image search: [Google]
hero[1].png
755 KB, 950x540
What went wrong?
>>
The content

Otherwise the maps are a lot better and more interactive than 9, the minigames are great and Bowser Party in General is fantastic
>>
>>323250590
Really?

I bought this at White Friday for $25 at Walmart because I figured why the hell not, I mean I already own the amiibos that work with it.

Do Silver/Gold Mario do anything different?
>>
Hudson died, then Nintendo decided an already casual series needed to be even more casual and simple. Can't let grandma get lost by having more than one way to go, have to keep everyone together to keep things more even, can't give people a lot of things to collect because that's confusing, etc.
>>
>>323250903
THIS^6^
I just want a refined 50 turn mario party, nintendo has screwed it up (no surprise there)
>>
No online. Like seriously, WHY NO ONLINE
>>
>>323250903
I agree with this guy, it isn't no Mario Party 3, that is for sure.
>>
>>323250407
>main mode is terrible
>amiibo mode is the only true Mario Party mode, but the mods are way too small and very linear
>have to touch your amiibo to the Gamepad every time you want to roll the dice
>some of the achievements are super luck-based or take way too much time to grind
Hell, this is coming from somebody who likes amiibo and collects them.
>>
The Amiibo Party is honestly the best mode, in my opinion. Its stupid that they locked it behind the figures. The map swapping and general flow of the games is GOAT
>>
>>323250407
In typical modern Nintendo fashion, they decided to make the game they wanted to make and not what fans want. Comparing 9's and IT's sales with 8's and DS shows people want traditional Mario Party.
>>
>>323250407
Mostly what everyone has said so far, but I'm adding that there was no support for it after launch which was something it needed to even have a chance of surviving.
>>
Car gimmick shit no one liked or wanted is back despite extremely negative reception
>>
The general neutering of how cut throat the game can be.

That's what drove this game originally and that's what people remember.

People remember getting pissed off.
>>
>mario party 10
>10
>TEN

how can anyone defend this?
>>
>>323251850
>people remember getting pissed off

Underrated post of the year.
>>
>>323251125
People would just leave.
>>
Bowser mode is fucking bullshit. He's given so many unfair advantages over you it's borderline impossible to win or outrun him or get out unscathed from his mini games against a compitant player or even a drooling retard player.
>>
What did everyone think of 8? Was it the last good one?
>>
>>323252203
Designing leaving punishments should be a simple task.
>>
>>323251125
There would be so many ragequitters it would be ridiculous.
>>
Which Mario Party is the best Mario Party? I have all Nintendo systems and wanna kick the shit out of my little brother like old times.
>>
>>323252531
Just get them all then. Be the Mario Party master
>>
>>323252531
2 or 3 for multiplayer, 4 for single player.
>>
>>323252387
That's a thing in Smash
You could get the laggies most unplayable shittiest match with nothing but gooks and you'll get penalized for leaving
>>
>>323251774
Seriously. I was hoping to get a Yellow Suit Wario amiibo out of it, and they couldn't even do that.
>>
Well at least they didn't fuck it up as bad as this.
How can shit like this be acceptable?
>>
>>323252529
>>323251125
Just make every game have an auto-fill system for new players.
>>
>>323252832
I got this for Christmas. Classic no-bullshit mode is essentially all I wanted so I'm satisfied, and hopefully they allow for playing with friends online by the time it hits Japan.
>>
>>323252720
That was one of the few things I was waiting for along with amiibos for the other Mario characters. I figured Tennis would at least push for it again since that would make at least give it two/three games it could be compatible with, but bad games create more bad decisions, I guess.
>>
>>323252040
That's the point though. My memories of Mario Part 1, 2 and 3 are getting pissed at the game and the satisfaction of winning despite getting fucked over.

Fucking Chance Time.
Fucking Game Guy
Fucking Boo
Fucking getting my shit stolen despite everyone making a pact not to steal shit this game
Fucking getting a magic lamp and not making enough money to use it for 3 turns.
That fucking one level in Mario Party 3 where you just had to buy Reverse Shrooms and you could farm Boo for the entire game
>>
>>323253108
> Wanting a no-bullshit mode from a mario sports title
Are you aware there are far better alternatives out there?
>>
>>323253517
My gawd. Are we brothers? I have the undying rage that consumes me when I play Mario Party or Splatoon.

The rage gives me the edge to win on the N64 Mario Partys. Thank God I kept mine with all my controllers.
>>
didn't 10 re-use the car from 9

aka the thing EVERYONE HATED?
>>
File: large-3.jpg (344 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
large-3.jpg
344 KB, 1000x500
>>323250407
At least Ndcube learned their lesson about the vehicle mechanic
>>
>>323252628
I fucking hated 4 especially because of the single-player. It's my birthday, and I have to EARN my presents? And I might win the board game, but then lose to the boss and TOUGH LUCK NO PRESENT?

fuck that, super gay.
>>
>>323253693
what other arcade-style tennis games exist for current consoles?
>>
File: 104.gif (204 KB, 143x188) Image search: [Google]
104.gif
204 KB, 143x188
It's bad? Seems fun to me.
>>
>>323255041
You're a tripfag. By definition, you have shit taste in anything
>>
>>323255041
Weren't you permabanned for being a niggerpedo?
>>
>>323254478
Can't you play the Wii port of Mario Power Tennis?
>>
>>323250407
The fact they didn't try to fix what was wrong with 9?

Like everything besides the Minigames.
>>
File: lookathimandlaugh.jpg (43 KB, 614x466) Image search: [Google]
lookathimandlaugh.jpg
43 KB, 614x466
>>323255041
>enjoying MP 10
wow it's true, tripfags really do have bad taste
>>
>>323250407
It isn't just me? I thought I was getting old or some shit.

I played this with 4 other people and we had fun the first time but that's all. We tried Bowser mode first and assumed the all people in a single cart mechanic was exclusive to it, but it wasn't.

During regular Mario Party it felt like a massive disappointment. I never played Amiibo mode because fuck that shit. We were talking about selling it and getting 9 instead, but this thread is telling me its shit as well.

Shoulda just bought Smash
>>
>>323255209
>>323255640
>>323255974
I mean, its not the greatest game ever but I've had some fun and rage playing it with other people. Felt like every other mario party, just shinier.
>>
>>323255915
I haven't seen much of 10, but I played a few games of 9. I couldn't play more because alone it put me to sleep, and no one wanted to play such an awful game together.
What I didn't like about the game was that it was becoming less and less competitive. I think you can turn them off, but a lot of the mini games were completely luck based, like most of the gameplay. There weren't any that had you thrown in a pit, fighting the other players for your life.
>>
>>323252275
I hated it. The stupid carnival theme is annoying.
>>
>>323251125
>CHANCE TIME!!!
>everyone disconnects
>>
>>323252203
>>323252529
>>323257498
>implying if there's online there has to be matchmaking too
No, you stupid fucks.
>>
The car

Boss fights

Boards are a path to the end rather than a circuit

Can't choose how many turns you want to play because of the above

You have to land on a space to play a minigame. You know, the thing that fucking defined Mario Party
>>
Island Tour didn't have the car but every stage still had a goal and a retarded gimmick.

If they're going to do it like Wii Party, at least do it like that Island mode where you're all screwing eachother over. At least that's fun.
>>
I know 9 and 10 sucked, but was Island Tour any good? MP DS was pretty fun
>>
File: TRADE STARS.png (420 KB, 520x425) Image search: [Google]
TRADE STARS.png
420 KB, 520x425
They forgot that the henious bullshit that could happen in the game is what made it fun. There's more of an inventiveness to be competitive, and that's what made it fun to play, and to watch random luck give someone a break or to break them in half. Just the idea of the car means you're already taking a lot of freedom away from the player.
>>
>>323258249
THIS

>you can only play with friends added on your wii u
>pick friends you know arent faggots and will keep playing
done
>>
>>323250407
NeoNintendo doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, so they made it so that everyone can be a winner.
>>
>>323254137
But then took out the mini-games.
>>
>>323259390
feels more like everyone is the loser
>>
>>323259592
Nah, just the guy that bought the game.
>>
>>323258873
Nah, Island Tour dropped the ball.

Some of the minigames were ok, most of them were EVERYBODY WINS GOOD JOB, but there isn't even a mini-game every turn and most, if not all the boards were segmented linear boards (when you get to a checkpoint you get mini-stars, and when 3 people reach it the game teleports the last person to it so they don't fall behind.)

Worst of all the toad host constantly tells you what is happening repeatedly:
>THERE'S GONNA BE A MINIGAME UP NEXT OH BOY
>WOW MARIO'S AHEAD KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
>UH OH LOOK AT THAT SPACE COMING UP
>>
>>323250407

Why can't they just make a normal fucking Mario Party?

It's all anybody fucking complains or talks about with Mario Party except children.
>I wish they'd make it like the old ones.
>Why is it like this?
>Why are we all together?
>>
wasn't Mario Party 1 the only game where you could lose coins in minigames?

why'd they ditch that?
>>
File: 1446222781550.jpg (47 KB, 383x504) Image search: [Google]
1446222781550.jpg
47 KB, 383x504
>>323259776
>Nintendo
>giving a shit about what the fans want
>>
What's the best Gamecube Mario Party? Or a good Xbox controller setup for the N64 Mario Party games, those yellow buttons are hard to decide where to put.
>>
>>323259934
>literally just did a vote to decide fan characters for Smash
>published a whole lot of cool niche shit this generation despite WiiU selling like garbo
>made a serious Pokemon fighting game filled with veteran fan favorites
>>
It brought back the car.

Why in God's name did it bring back the car? Is the lack of interactivity the cost of making Mario Party look like it has a budget? I don't understand.
>>
>>323259785
because of duels probably, but that was cool where you are at risk of losing coins for losing single player minigames
>>
>>323258606
I like the concept of boss fight minigames but the way 9 and 10 executes it is kind of stupid with the captain player getting bonus ministars and the person who gets the last hit getting a bunch of points, which is almost always random. Both of those things just make some of the boss minigames feel pointless.
>>
>>323259994

5 > 4 > 6 >>>>>> 7
>>
>>323259785

It's funny, because it was also the only one with minigames where all 4 players worked together and earned an equal amount of coins for winning.
>>
>>323260103
>published a whole lot of cool niche shit this generation despite WiiU selling like garbo

And then never advertised it.
>>
>>323260457
That game where you had to get the light bulb to the end was great. Also, key-pa-way or whatever it was called.
>>
>>323260461
It's niche shit for a reason.

You really want Kowashitai played on national television?
>>
File: Cheesecake-Pompom.jpg (238 KB, 1280x785) Image search: [Google]
Cheesecake-Pompom.jpg
238 KB, 1280x785
no pom pom, damn it.
>>
>>323260925

Not him but kinda, because normalfag reactions would amuse me.
>>
File: notiddiebuthc.jpg (43 KB, 597x469) Image search: [Google]
notiddiebuthc.jpg
43 KB, 597x469
>>323259059
>that picture
>>
Game didn't release on PS4/Xbone/PC. Splatoon could be MASSIVELY bigger despite its great success on the fail-U.

Why Nintendo still makes consoles is beyond me. We get wii was one of your only successful consoles but you can make guaranteed dough by ditching console and being software only (for consoles, handheld still decent enough to make hardware for)
>>
>>323259742
>tfw CN closing down so free games
>decided not to "cheat" so stuck with only a couple games
>wanted Mario Golf
>cousin redeemed it for Island Tour
>"But I played it with friends and it's fun!"
I fucking love Mario Party but that game is worse than 9
>>
>>323261336

>Game didn't release on PS4/Xbone/PC

Wanna know how I know you haven't even so much as touched MP10?
>>
>>323259742
9 and 10 do that too.

One thing I do like is how quickly minigames transition back to the game.
>>
It looks alright for Bowser Party but not much else. Waiting for it to hit ~$25 and I might get it.
>>
>>323261524
this one didn't have the car, yet it had the linear boards so it might as well have had the car.
>>
>>323260103
>literally just did a vote to decide fan characters for Smash
And they proceeded to completely ignore it and added bayonetta and corin instead.

Now as much as I love bayonetta and platinum games, there's no fucking way that a majority of people voted for her into the game.
>>
>>323260925
they could at least acknowledge their existence and not seem like they're actively sabotaging the projects.
>>
>>323262223
Except they did.
>>
>>323262314
Except that's literally impossible and unofficial polls spanned across the mainstream, surface level of the internet where the majority of people participate all put Bayonetta in a far from top-10 region and corin in a non-existent region because he really doesn't even exist yet.

If you think the poll wasn't rigged by Nintendo, well, you're delusional and refuse to except facts, and if you continue to reply and attempt to convince me that they were in fact legitimate without providing any arguments one way or the other, then you won't get another (You) from me.

Too much evidence points away from Bayo/Corin winning the vote. It's statistically impossible.
>>
>>323262314
>>323262512

Corrin wasn't even a ballot character. They just threw her in to advertise the new Fire Emblem.
>>
>>323262512
>literally impossible

Literally possible, and it happened.

Also Corrin isn't a fan pick.
>>
>>323262512
>Unofficial polls that never agreed on jack shit and don't reflect the entirety of the world say they're wrong!

I'm sorry you got stuck in an echo chamber that allowed you to believe someone you liked was more popular than they were.

Also Corrin was never related to the ballot. Corrin is bullshit but saying he's related is just making things up.
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 390x470) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 390x470
>>323262512
>If you think the poll wasn't rigged by Nintendo, well, you're delusional and refuse to except facts

Too funny m8
>>
>>323262790
>Unofficial polls that never agreed on jack shit and don't reflect the entirety of the world say they're wrong!

That's the thing, in order to find out about the polling in the first place, you'd have to regularly browse (and subscribe) to nintendo on youtube, browse a gaming subreddit, browse a gaming messageboard, and browsing a gaming imageboard.

Think of it this way:

x.com = Smash ballot voting booth
y.com = reddit/4chan/etc

In order to find out about x.com, you'll have to have browsed y.com. If you participate in an unofficial polling of y.com, it'll best reflect the polling results, because in order to vote on x.com, you'll have to browse in y.com, and because you browse y.com, you'll likely vote in a poll on y.com.

The "rest of the world" have no idea what the smash ballot is or where to even vote.

In addition to that, the newest smash bros has over 10mil sales. Bayo 2 has over 600k sales and Bayo 1 far less. Assuming every single person who's played Bayo 2 votes in the poll, that's only 600k votes. If we compare it to /literally every other nintendo game ever/, they have the major advantage.
>>
File: 1451963848301.jpg (340 KB, 1200x885) Image search: [Google]
1451963848301.jpg
340 KB, 1200x885
>>323263235
i bet its mostly because the american top 5 were something like Shrek, John Cena, Miku, and Goku, can't get the rights to any of those in smash.
>>
>>323263365
Even if that were the case, that would only push Bayonetta further down on the rankings.
>>
>>323263490
Okay, here's a little thought experiment.

What characters do you think were more popular than Bayonetta in the ballot?
>>
>>323250407
It's only fun if you have friends
>>
>>323252203
>somebody leaves
>replace with a bot
WOW SO HAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRDDD
>>
File: JW5q8Xv.png (354 KB, 801x502) Image search: [Google]
JW5q8Xv.png
354 KB, 801x502
>>323263546
Look at Japan's unofficial polling results.

Reddit was heavily advocating for Shovel Knight, Isaac, and K. Rool

4chan was heavily advocating for B. Dee, K. Rool, and Shantae.

Notice how in Japan, bayonetta doesn't appear once, and Bayonetta has more sales in japan than any other country.
>>
>>323258606
Don't forget:

Fucking RNG.

It doesn't matter how well you do, the awards at the end always award the worst player.

Fucking last hits when you DO get to play minigames.
>>
>>323263689

>turn 4
>get hidden star
>3 opponents leave
>now playing against bots

whats the point of playing multiplayer then?
>>
File: elephant_march.jpg (12 KB, 215x211) Image search: [Google]
elephant_march.jpg
12 KB, 215x211
>>323263738
Wow, who would have thought niche internet communities wouldn't represent the bulk of the voting demographic?
>>
>>323263235
>Bayo 2 has over 600k sales and Bayo 1 far less

Do you really expect me to believe that Bayo 1, the game on 2 platforms that performed far better than the Wii U, sold worse than Bayo 2?

Also the rest of your logic is generally flawed. There's no reason someone would HAVE to browse the fucking Smash subreddit or /v/ to learn the poll exists, and there's no guarantee everyone on those sites would vote in their pointless polls.

>>323263738
This reflects absolutely nothing. The guy who made this checked out a couple hundred tweets and then put it together based on how those tweets "felt", as in, he gave more points to characters that people called a sure thing and less to ones people were unsure about. It's complete malarkey and I thought you Rool fags realized that months ago.
>>
>>323263918
>Niche
>The surface level of the internet
>The gateway to the poll.
>Niche

Sure, it's niche, but that would mean that the smash poll is niche as well, and therefore, the point is moot.
>>
>>323251463
>>323251463
>Hell, this is coming from somebody who likes amiibo and collects them.

You can't blame anyone but yourself for supporting this cancer shit.
>>
>>323263365
Am i the only one that hates the extended roster? Id prefer the melee or even original roster. I wanna see mario get clibbed with a hammer by yoshi. Not fucking noonecares characters who end up getting played more thqn mario

Wtf nintendo
>>
>>323263738
No, but really.

What characters do you think were more popular than Bayonetta in the ballot?
>>
>>323251595
>In typical modern Nintendo fashion, they decided to make the game they wanted to make and not what fans want.
>fans
>knowing what they want
>>
>>323263787
>Last hits
These pissed me off the most.
>>
>>323263738

I never understood the point of those unofficial polls. They're aimed towards such a niche audience it should be expected that meme characters pop up at the top.

Probably 80% of gaming enthusiasts I know have no clue who K. Rool or Krystal are, and they only know Wolf from Brawl.
>>
>>323264103
>Not fucking noonecares characters who end up getting played more thqn mario

What are you even talking about? Every character for the most part has fans to a degree.
>>
why do we have to fight and argue about games?
cant we just have fun?

i wish i could see my friends again
>>
>>323264012
I don't think you realize the number of people who might keep up with gaming news but never touch the forums of those places. Even if they do why do you assume all of them would give a shit about their polls when they mean nothing?
>>
>>323262512
>unofficial polls spanned across the mainstream,
Fun fact
If it had 1000 or less total votes it's not mainstream.
>>
>>323263235
>Bayo 2 has over 600k sales and Bayo 1 far less.
You what?
Bayo 1 is a multiplat that broke one Mil.
Bayo 2 is an exclusive that hasn't.
>>
>>323264441
>1000

This isn't pre-2012, gramps.
>>
>>323264202
Feature creep muddles the game design

His shit is about fan faves. Can a game really have 50 iconic franchises?

They need to slim the game down and focus on design

Theyre making the dlc the point to refresh interest or novelty. But if they allowed the skill ceiling to raise it creates its own incentive to keep playing even with a shallow character pool

Checkers is boring becauae its checkers and its shallow. Adding 5 simultaneous checkers boards doesnt make it more fun, wspecially when the initial appeal is the IPs like mario and zelda in question

If i bought the game to wreck shit as link, and link sucks compared to animeguyxx89DLC then i end up dissatisfied because the aspect of the game most people like is diminished
>>
>>323264665
Yeah and most of the unofficial polls don't even reach that number.
>>
>>323264802
>If i bought the game to wreck shit as link, and link sucks compared to animeguyxx89DLC
You know only cloud falls into that area right? And even then he has the recovery of horse going to the glue factory and delays out the ass.

He's also going to get nerfed hard and you're going to have nothing to go on beyond
>wahh there's too much choice and variety
>>
>>323263738
Damn, we dodged a bullet with that entire left half. Aside from Paper Mario those characters are boring as shit, even if you dislike Bayo she had a ton to work with and they crammed in as much as they could.
Nostalgia-shitters be damned for wanting Dixie, a Diddy clone, or K. Rool who hasn't been relevant in years.
>>
>>323265238
I bet you like ff dissidia and those gundam lock on games

A game is boring if most of the input is press a button to do something flashy

It flattens your strategic options and risk and reward. Its just trading hits at some point. And i dont even care about the characters trading hits, because they arent mario
>>
>>323265307
>Dixie, a Diddy clone

It really wouldn't be that difficult to imagine a unique moveset for her.
>>
>>323250407
It's a Mario Party game post Mario Party 2. Everything went wrong.
>>
WHen will they do a 1:1 remake of mario party 2?

IT was the best mario party
>>
>>323265825
Hudson is dead, so never.
>>
>>323265467
Do you even know what you're arguing about anymore?
After all press x for flash only applies to the smash ball anything else like Cloud's limit breaks or Little Mac's punch have to be earned and it's easy to miss with them.
>>
>>323266135
In fact you still have to earn it with the smash ball because there are other players going for it as well and final smashes can be easily dodged. On top of that you can lose it if you take too many hits.
>>
they kept the car

in truth it's not much more random than previous mario party games, but it's been stripped of the facade of player autonomy. you no longer feel like anything you do in the game matters, other than the minigames. they may as well replace the whole board with cards getting dealt to each player.
Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.