[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://ign.com/wikis/best-of-2015/G ame_of_the_Year Game of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Witcher 3 GOTY 2.jpg (328 KB, 1586x1048) Image search: [Google]
Witcher 3 GOTY 2.jpg
328 KB, 1586x1048
http://ign.com/wikis/best-of-2015/Game_of_the_Year

Game of the Year: Witcher 3

People's Choice: Witcher 3

>Dark Souls with a Lovecraft skin BTFO
>Fallout 3.5 BTFO
>Shit story Kojimashit BTFO

Remember when /v/ said this game was the blunder of the century because of the graphical downgrade and wouldn't win any awards or be well received?
>>
Before Witcher 3:
Haha downgrade. Fucking CDPR polack jews!

After Witcher 3:
Le combat and gameplay!!!

Way After Witcher 3, during GOTY Season:
The Magnum Opus of this medium. This generation's Citizen Kane.
What did the general public on /v/ mean by this?
>>
>>323242125
I would've picked Bloodborne, but MGS5 was fine too. I can see Fallout 4 winning since the Elder Scrolls games are insanely popular, although I really don't get it.

But Witcher 3? The story, dialog and general atmosphere are well done but the combat is just fucking atrocious. It's better than Fallout, sure, but that's like saying piss is better than shit and it's still way the fuck behind MGS5 and Bloodborne in that regard. It just plays like a poor man's Dark Souls and nothing more.

Don't get me wrong, I know there's more to a game than gameplay but if what you're doing for the vast majority of the game sucks then it's a shitty game.
>>
>>323243529
oh shit, here comes the >bad combat meme

The combat is 9/10
Your beloved le souls gitgud might have a 10/10 combat system, but just because TW3 doesn't carbon-copy it doesn't make it shit
>>
>>323243690
>witcher 3

>spin attack
>mash X X X X X to win
great combat
>>
>>323243690
No, it's shit because the enemies telegraph themselves like retards. The lock on targeting system type of shit was popularized in Ocarina of Time but even that game had deeper and more rewarding combat.
>>
>>323242125

For once I agree with IGN. It was the best in my opinion.

Fallout 4 didn't really change much and MGS V felt derivative after a while. Bloodborne is questionable but in the end it's an improvement on the Dark Souls formula but it's essentially the same game. Witcher 3 felt the most ambitious and pulled it off for the most part aside from the visuals getting fucked up the ass. My only real complaint about the game.
>>
>>323244217
>hurr
>Bloodborne
>mash xxxxxxxx to win
See, it's easy to be a retard.
>>
>>323244217
It's your fault your a god damned casual and picked easy

harder modes you have to rely on oils and bombs
>>
>>323244530
fuck you, Bloodborne does the same shit. Get the Axe and mash L2
>>323244567
whatever kid, i bet you dont believe that GoW is mash square to win
>>
File: Bloodborne2.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne2.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>323243529
>le combat meme
>>
>>323242125

How does feel knowing that even a shit game like skyrim got more awards and made much more sales your overrated slav trash?
>>
>>323244909
>enemy rolls quickly towards you
>back dashes

side dash nigger
>>
File: Bloodborne1.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne1.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>323242125
I love how mad this game makes Bloodborne faggots.

>muh combat
>fucking normies like Witcher, I'm too hardcore for that
>>
>>323245216
>>323244909

Bloodborne was a fine game, combat-wise and improved on the combat so much. Can't wait for Dark Souls 3. Your cherry-picked webums are silly.

Witcher 3 deserves the overall GOTY though. It got everything, for the most part, right. Damn good game.
>>
>>323244909
did they design that enemy after TW2 Geralt?
>>
>>323242887
You messed up your greentexting my dude, shame it would have been such a great comment

Anyways, Witcher 3 is the best game released this year and will be remembered as a classic of this generation years from now, stay mad Kojima and Bethseda drones
>>
>>323242125
Don't care about what wins GoTY awards or Witcher 3

But I'm loving these shoops, post the one where the W3 protag is in a tux looking smug as fuck
>>
>>323242125
>Remember when /v/ said this game was the blunder of the century because of the graphical downgrade
Yes
>and wouldn't win any awards or be well received?
No, in fact /v/ normally is more cynic, with claims that the most dumbed-down, casual, shitty games are normally the most popular
>>
>>323244217
Bloodborne can be boiled down to the same thing mate.

Oh but it has le fhtagn clooloo sickdark'n'edgy theme so it's automatically GOTYAY.

I liked Bloodborne and was a forerunner on my OF THE YEAR list until Hearts of Stone but come on. The combat is nothing special there either.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.