[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Meme games done right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 384x384
ITT: Meme games done right
>>
File: image.png (620 B, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
image.png
620 B, 256x192
>meme games
I want this internet phenomenon to end
>>
I don't know what 2016 version of 4chan thinks "meme" means, though it probably is just another denotation of things you don't like.
>>
>>323240137
Because Dr.Who and Monty Python were the hottest memes in 1998 right?
>>
It's obviously a meme game. Anyone that says otherwise has some sort of problem because it's so clear and obvious. It's a great game too.
>>
>>323240949
Old school memers fucking loved Monty Python.
>>
>>323240137
I don't even think the word "meme" existed at the time of this games release.
>>
Metal Gear Rising

Its THE meme game of last gen
>>
File: 1380756-spider_avatar_2_super.jpg (91 KB, 600x834) Image search: [Google]
1380756-spider_avatar_2_super.jpg
91 KB, 600x834
>>323240137

What the fuck is a "meme game"? For that matter, what does "meme" even mean anymore?
>>
>>323240949
It's not much of a stretch at all to make that kind of statement. In the USA at least, where the game was made.
>>
>>323240137
so many epic "pop culture references"
this was a meme game that was way ahead of its time
>>
>>323241427
Anything that has a joke somewhere in the game.
>>
>>323241138
>loved
Nigger, I still do
>>
>>323241659
There's also "meme genres" of music and stuff.

So really, it can be what you said OR anything that a lot of people like that I don't.
>>
>>323241427
Any form of humor.

Video games are a serious and mature form of media. We, as mature gamers, should not play these types of games. as to not besmirch our good image.
>>
>>323241908
>dude lighten up vidya isn't that serious bro come on lol
>OMG WHY ARE VIDEOGAMES SO SHIT

sasuke /v/
>>
>>323241427
>asking what a meme is
>posts a meme comic
good job memer
>>
/meme/i
>>
>>323240137

>pop culture references and cameos are "memes"

Kill yourself immediately.
>>
dark souls

the combat is like a dark shinto meme
like shinto priests up in that shit
dark wind and ghosts

the gameplay is so good
i mean its real special
honestly special

not retarded
>>
>>323244776
You were close enough to making that into two haiku that I think you need to try again.
>>
only meme game in existence is MGS2 anything else is opinions and objectively wrong.
>>
>Fallout 2 is a meme game because it has references in it!
No its not, fuck off. The problem with something like Borderlands 2 is the fact that it was using internet references which is honestly cringy as fuck. There's a big difference between pop culture and internet pop culture.
>>
>>323241427
Don't listen to OP, it has nothing to do with jokes in the game. Meme games are games that are only popular because liking them helps people fit in, not because they're good, in other words they've become a meme themselves. Games like Goat Simulator get popular because people want to be a part of the reddit lol so randumb crowd.
>>
>>323241138
SPAM
SPAM
SPAM
>>
>>323247579
NI
NI
NI
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.