[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you think that VNs are games you cannot think Her Story isn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 1452266085451.jpg (35 KB, 620x355) Image search: [Google]
1452266085451.jpg
35 KB, 620x355
If you think that VNs are games you cannot think Her Story isn't a game.
>>
VNs aren't games, that's why they're called visual novels.
>>
VN are still more of a game than her story. A search engine in no way is a game.
>>
Game or not doesn't make it less shit
>>
>>323240252
Her Story has far more interactivity and branches.
>>
>>323239606
Depends on VN, some have branching routes and failstates.
More of a game than Her story.
>>
>>323239606
Her Story is a stripped down mini game or side thing found in some real games.

Visual Novels are called Visual Novels for a reason. And Her Story is a really fucking lazy one
>>
>>323240816
So does Her Story.
>>
I don't know anything about Her Story except that a developer with any amount of creativity would have been able to come up with a better title. Either they didn't even try, or they're incompetent. Neither of those possibilities makes me want to play it.
>>
>>323241813
Let's be real here, the title has nothing to do with your reason for not wanting to play it (sexism)
>>
I don't really care if VNs or her Story is considered a game or not but how are they similar?

VNs
Book with images that branches, so basically choose your own adventure books in a nutshell.

Her Story
If i have understood correctly it is a game where you watch movies, search after new movies in a database.

How are these two connected?
>>
>>323242102
Her Story is choose your own adventure. The order you choose the videos and the decisions you make based on the videos is up to you and the outcome varies depending on that.
>>
File: EternalDarkness.jpg (73 KB, 334x468) Image search: [Google]
EternalDarkness.jpg
73 KB, 334x468
>>323242069

You're retarded.

Here's a picture of my favorite game.
>>
>>323242356
My nigga.
>>
>>323242198
Oh i see. Then they sound pretty similar.
>>
>>323242198
>the decisions you make based on the videos is up to you and the outcome varies depending on that.

What decisions? I played through it to completion and all I did was watch videos (all of them) and then when I felt like it clicked on the chat window to trigger the ending credits. What kind of decisions does this have?
>>
This just in, Netflix is the most content dense game of all time.
>>
>>323239606
but in visual novels you can make choices
>>
>>323242356
great taste.
>>
File: Bait.png (26 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Bait.png
26 KB, 1024x1024
>>323239606
>>
File: hat.jpg (10 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
hat.jpg
10 KB, 214x317
>>323242069
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.