[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what happens now? Will PC players actually start buying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: Denuvo.jpg (30 KB, 333x333) Image search: [Google]
Denuvo.jpg
30 KB, 333x333
So what happens now?

Will PC players actually start buying games now that piracy is about to become non-existent?
>>
>>323195776
denuvo was already cracked though
>>
companies will see that piracy doesn't really affect sales and they will be mad they spent so much money on trying to stop something that didn't hurt them in the first place.
>>
Knowing the people in this sub, I'd guess that people just move from pirating and complaining to not playing and complaining.
>>
>>323195776
Can you stop shilling denuvo already?
>>
>>323196027
this.
>>
>>323195776
If that ever happens most would just buy the game during a sale or for 10 bucks on steam a year later.

honestly think it would be a good thing. It would promote developers to make really good games to get more top dollar sells otherwise people will buy their shit on sale or for 10 on the bargain bin if it all.
>>
>>323195892
All the cracks were either on the old version or origin was cracked.
>>
>>323196951
old versions were new at some point, anon

its a matter of time
>>
File: 1451469290660.jpg (190 KB, 920x900) Image search: [Google]
1451469290660.jpg
190 KB, 920x900
>>323195776
NOT FAIR

I PAID 3000 DOLLARS FOR MY PC BECAUSE YOU TOLD ME I WILL NEVER HAVE TO BUY A GAME AGAIN

NOT FAIR
>>
>>323195776
This is not the first time pirates had faced a huge wall in software security. This too will pass. I wish you shits stop posting this fucking news already, goddamn shitters.
>>
>>323195776
I don't think, that any of the games I wanted to play were protected by Denuvo. Most of the time only the shitty games are protected so much, so you have to actually buy it, to try it out.

I will never buy a game protected by this shit, ever.
>>
>>323195776
>Make shit game
>Spend 50% of the budget on marketing 40% memenuvo 9% art 0.9% voice acting 0.09% on gameplay 0.01% on coding
>game is dogshit and doesn't sell
>IT'S DEMN FUCKING PIRATES FAULT!!!!
>>
>>323195776
>So what happens now?
nothing, like the other times pirates were "btfo" while in reality the only ones losing were the publishers wasting money on a meme drm like starforce, securom, steam and many others
>>
>>323195776
anon
stop
please

how many god damn threads each day
how many times do you need to be told
literally nothing to see here, move along
>>
whoa why is there so many (OP) responses in such a short thread?

lol pc players feeling the pressure I guess
>>
>>323195776
Well to Tell the truth to you, my favorite memuvo shill, it isn't the First the denuvo was not cracked yet, after that, the piracy did not die, and nothing happened to it just because one game was not cracked like the fallen ofthe shit game
>>
>>323195776
Being unable to play games for free is the only attractive point PC gaming has.
PC gamers will switch to consoles.
>>
>>323197009
>its a matter of time

That's the fucking point. They're going to take way too much time and effort to crack to be worthwhile no matter how possible it may be.
>>
>>323199986
kek
>>
>>323199986
1080p@60 is a selling point to a lot of people

Also
1. Players who will but the game
2. Players who will pirate then buy the game
3. Players who would never buy the game

Players 2 will buy less as they wont test it out and some people wont even know about some games
3. Will never buy it anyway so nothing of value is lost

And denuvo is not cheap
>>
I pirate everything on PC, and only buy console games at $30 or less (usually less). I pirate console games after the console is hacked.

I would just end up buying the PC games I really want to play for cheap and ignore the trash I used to pirate on a whim
>>
>>323199986
Console games at least in my country are still way more expensive, than pc games. I don't think that the rest of the world is different.

Oh and playing fps games with gamepad.. I for one, could never do that.
>>
>>323199986
do you even bait bro
>>
>>323195776
we will all switch to 3ds, PC market will crash and burn.
All good
>>
>>323199728
lords of fallen was cracked
>>
>>323199986
u wish lol
>>
>>323195776
I will do what im doing right now, buying like 1-2 games a year that are worth my money, rest you know... and if its impassible then i will not play those games or at best will buy used so no money goes to devs anyway...
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.