[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Upcoming Zelda
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 13
File: ZeldaWiiU-810x300.png (285 KB, 810x300) Image search: [Google]
ZeldaWiiU-810x300.png
285 KB, 810x300
what do you want from this game?
>>
>>323195173
Exploration and a non-empty world.
>>
>>323195173
Something good
>>
>>323195173
More world and characters less running from dungeon to dungeon.
>>
>>323195173
I want Link to quest.

Not for Link to fill a list.
>>
>>323197473
>Not for Link to fill a list.

What?
>>
>>323195173
to be released
>>
File: link-s-equipment.jpg (28 KB, 914x466) Image search: [Google]
link-s-equipment.jpg
28 KB, 914x466
Instead of a normal companion, maybe there's a Grimoire Weiss thing going on?
>>
Memes
>>
female link
>>
Less linearity. No waggle. I only want the second screen to serve as inventory management/maps and normal onscreen hud items. Clean top screen since all the hud info would be on the second screen.

It to actually come out before the NX crap.

This game is literally the only reason I still have a wiiu gathering dust on my shelf.
>>
>>323198759
tbqh.
Also I want a good Zelda again. I mean, TP was the last good one. Everything after that was shit.
And TP was when, 2006? I don't remember.
Or just base this game on MM.
>>
>>323195173
NTR
>>
>>323198418
Seems like there's gonna be some technology in this Zelda.

That said, Link is wearing Gerudo stuff, so this raises questions.
>>
File: 1417048389654-0.jpg (83 KB, 850x727) Image search: [Google]
1417048389654-0.jpg
83 KB, 850x727
>>323195173
I want it to be like Xenoblade Chronicles X (Open world, quest pickups instead of going on a questline only, side objectives like exploration) but without the tech and scaled to be accessible without a Skell, with traditional Zelda combat (No waiting for abilities while your character auto attacks).

Does that sound good enough?
>>
Honestly, after finally getting around to playing A Link Between Worlds, I'd be perfectly happy just getting that in 3D. Some likable characters would be really nice. For some reason, characters like Midna, Ezlo, and Tetra, ones with actual personalities, only seem to show up once in a blue moon.
>>
Id really just like it to come out

As long as it isnt barren as fuck like WW's ocean, I'll be happy
>>
Choices, gay romance, a trans character, make zelda black, remove the dungeons they are too hard, tone down the violence, allow me to negotiate and romance bosses, generally speaking more feminist themes.
>>
>>323195173
Zelda BLACKED
>>
>>323195173
for it to exist
>>
To fucking release already
My Wii U has been in dust for months
>>
>>323195173
Better combat and better boses would be a good start
>>
>>323199738
Holy shit no. That's the worst way this game can go.
I don't understand why Nintendo is trying to pander to those huge open world fags.
That's just not Zelda anymore.
>>
A name
>>
I just don't want to be able to say that Hyrule Warriors was the best WiiU Zelda game.
>>
>>323200478
Because of the first Zelda games.

Returning to the roots and all.
>>
File: 6JBjTU7.jpg (73 KB, 720x793) Image search: [Google]
6JBjTU7.jpg
73 KB, 720x793
>>323200717

I think I get what you're saying, but Xenoblade Chronicles X comparison was a poor choice.
>>
>>323195173
no fucking gimmicks for fucks sake.

i just want a traditional zelda like oot or link to the past

is it asking too much?
>>
All I know is that this sub will be disappointed in it no matter what.
>>
>>323195173
Giant swords
>>
>>323200717
There's a difference between the non-linear nature of some of the older Zelda games and the "expansive open world" style of games coming out today. Personally, I don't want Zelda to be like Skyrim, with a big empty world and radiant quests and stuff. I want them to successfully translate the world design of Link's Awakening and A Link Between Worlds into 3D. Somewhat non-linear, but small enough that there's a lot of polish, and little hidden grottos and secrets to discover all over the place. Those games ended up feeling much larger than they really were, and encouraged real exploration, as opposed to just making a beeline for the closest map marker and ignoring all the empty space on the way.
>>
File: zelda old and new.png (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
zelda old and new.png
1 MB, 1600x900
>>323200924
Hey! That's a lot better than the one I made.
>>
>>323201212
You sound like a guy I talked to in a similar thread a few days ago. We echoed eachother's sentiments a great deal.
>>
>>323197970
I think he means "Hey go get these 4 legendary keys that aren't exactly keys but only serve the function of safeguarding the Master Sword but for some reason are stored in dungeons we didn't bother to defend".
>>
>>323201212
I guess, I just didn't really have much else to go by in terms of open world WiiU games.
>>
>No gimmicks
>No repeating things over and over like in most Nintendo games lately
>Tons of sidequests with good rewards and not stupid happiness points or whatever
>Decent dungeons
>A story that doesn't dissappears past the third dungeon
>Some customization: different weapons, shields, etc
>>
>>323201461
Wasn't me, but I think it's become a pretty popular opinion among fans lately. I think A Link Between Worlds really did end up waking up a lot of people and make them think, "Oh yeah, this is why I became a Zelda fan in the first place." I haven't heard people say it needs to be "more like Dark Souls and Skyrim," in a long time.
>>
>>323197970
Quests as checklists. Modern RPGs have done this increasingly since WC3 gave everyone "!" fever.

Its one of my least favorite bits of game design.

>Run around area clicking on "!"s
>Revel in the immersive nature of watching a grocery list grow on the right hand side of your UI
>Follow the dots on your map clearing colored patches
>Kill 32 lions for their teeth
>Collect 5 twigs from snarlberry bushes
>"Find" the little ghost girl's lost dolly (clearly marked on your map)

Its a pox upon gaming and it has become synonymous with open world. I do not want this for Zelda.
>>
>>323200479
I really dread this reveal.

Like I fear whatever stupid companion they force into the title. But I also fear their attempts to emphasize the game with it.

I'm imagine telling people how much the Haunted Teacup or Hyrule Manifest is and it sickens me.
>>
>>323202051
Zelda games don't usually have a large amount of NPC-related sidequests anyway (except Majora's Mask, since that was the whole point). I'd prefer it if the "sidequests" remain things like "figure out how to open the chest behind all these rocks," since that's what Zelda is to me. Maybe the occasional goofy bit like "give the talking alligator in a sombrero some dog food so he'll give you a banana that you can give to the monkey to let you into the castle" sort of sidequest will be nice once in a while, though.
>>
>>323202525
>"give the talking alligator in a sombrero some dog food so he'll give you a banana that you can give to the monkey to let you into the castle"

is this some kind of wind waker baby joke?
>>
>>323202419
Reminds me of the day the Working Title boards became Twilight Princess (TP). A lot of people lost a great deal of shit that day.

Yeah. Gamefaqs.
>>
>>323202821
It's something you actually do in Link's Awakening. The dog food was something you got for giving a lady a ribbon for her pet Chain Chomp.

Play Link's Awakening. It's great.
>>
File: 1336805532933.png (2 MB, 1392x706) Image search: [Google]
1336805532933.png
2 MB, 1392x706
>>323195173

I want

>Nice Overworld, not too big, not too small, filled with little villages, single houses, wanderers, merchants, animals and some spooky things.

>Different Areas like a lake, a mountain maybe a shore, a forest, a swamp, maybe a desert.

>Nice Dungeons, not too easy

>Items that are actually usefull and not too much of a Gimmick

>challenging Gerudo Arena-like thing

>an very long quest where you have to swap items for other items because someone wants it

>collectable stuff thats fun and rewarding and not too much

>fishing

>Master sword upgrades and different robes would be nice

>NO ROMANCE NO ROMANCE
>>
Don't care, Nintendo is bound to disappoint, so I'm keeping my expectations low.
>>
>>323195173
for it to have more open dungeons, that don't just boil down to

>get locked in tiny room
>kill everything in one hit
>small chest appears with small key
>use key on door in next room
>repeat 10 times
>>
>>323203360
aonuma played skyrim, so we know it'll clumsily borrow mechanics from the ES series, just like SS clumsily borrowed elements from demon's souls.
>>
File: 1416122939944.png (511 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1416122939944.png
511 KB, 1280x800
I just want IT. I love Zelda games. I don't care if people think some are shit and whatnot. I have personally enjoyed every single release and it has cemented itself as my favorite series. I will look forward to the music in Zelda U. I like how they keep consistent tunes but change it up.
>>
>>323202419
don't worry anon, the companion is Epona, the first Zelda character with a voice actor who speaks in sentences, giving chuckly one liners no matter where you go, it will interrupt you with a funny joke/pun, but in the end we'll find out the secret metaphysical origin of Epona, something all fans of Zelda have wanted since LttP
>>
>>323201017
having another link to the past like zelda game in a 3d overworld sounds awesome
>>
>>323204312
>I'm a shit eating fuckwad fanboy with no good taste.

Kill yourself
>>
File: Mr.Ed.jpg (47 KB, 235x300) Image search: [Google]
Mr.Ed.jpg
47 KB, 235x300
>>323204820
ok
>>
>>323205276
my dad works for Nintendo and he told me the title is Legend of Zelda: Voices of Peanut Butter
>>
>>323205229
I'm sorry i'm not mad at the world like you are anon. I'm glad i can find enjoyment in things. Even if they have flaws.
>>
>>323195303
Is Assassin's Creed II non.empty overworld enough?
>>
>>323205046
you already got it. it's called OOT.
>>
>>323205432
In other words, your a mindless consumer who can't think for themself and brand alone will satisfy you.
>>
>>323203202
Why no romance?
It doesn't have to be involve Link.

Personally, I just don't want enemies to be a complete joke with their general attack design or be able to cheese the bosses. It's fine if they don't do too much damage in normal mode, but at least make them require skill to dodge.
>>
>>323205432
>someone doesn't mindlessly like shit just because it's a name brand
>"YOU LIFE HATING ASSHOLE!!"
Okay
>>
I want it to be like Witcher 3.
>>
>>323206116
>>323205979
A bad Zelda game is still miles better than any of the garbage coming out today. Keep posting in meme game threads chums
>>
>>323206621
You're retarded and need to play more than just Nintendo games.
>>
>>323199398
>That said, Link is wearing Gerudo stuff, so this raises questions.

Not really. High chances that the game takes place sometime after SS, and considering that most of the tech-associated stuff from SS had it's origins in the desert, it's not that big of a stretch.
>>
>>323205983
Well ok i don't care about general romance subq or whatever. But please not that forced shit romance with zelda. It's just bad and out of place.

oh i forgot

>no clear voiceacting
>>
>>323206621

Take the dick out of your mouth. It isn't. Not by a long shot. Bad Zelda games are repetitive, easy garbage.
>>
>>323202419
90% sure it's gonna be named after that Sheikah book from the recent footage.
>>
>>323195173
Hard mode unlocked from the beggining.
>>
>>323206734
I do. But most releases are stale nowadays.

>>323206794
>repetitive and easy
>that means it can't be fun in any way
They're still great fun and thousands of people enjoy them. Most of Nintendo's franchises are repetitive, but they're still FUN.
>>
>>323206771
It would make sense if they made it into a clear plot point, or just her general personality, but I agree with you otherwise. Skyward Sword was pretty good with the execution of it (although a choice ending would have been nice).
>>
>>323207265

>excusing poor game design with FUN memes

alright you got me
>>
>>323195173
Niggers
>>
>>323203119
>the day the Working Title boards became Twilight Princess (TP)
pls explain
>>
File: link pwnz celink.jpg (33 KB, 159x262) Image search: [Google]
link pwnz celink.jpg
33 KB, 159x262
>>323208063
Gamefaqs had Zelda: Working Title as a message board up right after the E3 05 reveal. So for like a year and a half that was how we knew the game. When the name was revealed, there were a shit ton of "TP for my bunghole" and "PRINCESS IN MY ZELDA TITLE, SRSLY?" threads throwing a hissy fit over it.

Nintendo reeled in all the kids who hated the "kiddy" art style of Wind Waker, then gave them a bretty bretty fairy princess title. They were upset.
>>
File: Titanfall.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
Titanfall.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>323195173
Sequence breaking. That's what makes OOT so interesting and replayable.
>>
I want the game to actually exist. So far it simply feels like a fever dream with the media blackout about it. We know barely anything about it after this long.
>>
NX exclusive.
>>
>>323209051
Won't happen anon, whatever your reasons may be.
>>
Not Skyrim, and I don't mean that like how Bayonetta is "not-DMC". No, legitimately not Skyrim.
>>
>>323209051
More likely to be like Twilight Princess. Coming out for both.
>>
>>323209226
I have a Wii U, and I know it's not going to happen unless it's on both, but I just figured after all this time they might as well just delay it even more and launch it on the NX instead. Give it a strong, exclusive launch title.
>>
LoZ combat in a multi-tiered vast world, but I would love to see the game do something like:

>after seemingly completing the main questline, with a full toolset, a second half to the world opens up to Link with challenges and obstacles that require you to use the tools you have already gathered to the very best of your ability

But really at this point I'm just desperately hoping the game won't be skyrimized.
>>
>>323209964

That would be so hype.
>>
>>323209964
That would be great, especially if it had a second "ending" like PMD: Explorers of the Sky.
>>
File: 1416799451740.png (33 KB, 159x287) Image search: [Google]
1416799451740.png
33 KB, 159x287
No fetch quests.

Tons of dungeons with interesting puzzles. Multiple options from the getgo, but require more items as the dungeons get tougher (avoids ALBW's easy dungeons designed for everybody to visit the first time)

Combat like Twilight Princess but the moves are used more often with shielding enemies.

Classic items used in interesting ways that aren't slow and cumbersome. (Skyward Sword: Bomb rolling yes, Beetle no).

I want Hyrule Field to be kind of open, but for there to be towns and fields with enemies that I can attack with my horse to break up the boredom.

If you're gonna make me trek everywhere, give me a fast travel and a horse whistle. Put stuff like rupees and pieces of heart in the field to reward those who explore.

No waggling, just traditional combat. Maybe let people use the Gamepad to aim.

40 hearts, but enemies do shitloads of damage (give people more incentive to collect Heart Pieces, more satisfying to see your health grow)

NX port at 1080p 60 FPS (Not gonna happen, but a man can dream)

Weapon/sword upgrades from ore like in A Link to the Past/ALBW, but have like six different ores for more collecting from dungeons.

NONE of this will happen (except for sword on B) and there'll be shitloads of wagglan, a huge world that looks like shit with nothing in it, and new items that are slow and boring to control that nobody wants to use.
>>
>>323209964
>a second half to the world opens up to Link with challenges and obstacles that require you to use the tools you have already gathered to the very best of your ability

I've been asking for the Super Mario 3D Land difficulty approach to be applied to the Zelda series since SM3DL came out.
>>
i hope nintendo of america puts in some good memes and maybe some undertale references
>>
>>323212169

I could see this being blended with the Master Quest mentality to create a second quest of sorts where you can revisit every dungeon and access a twisted version of sorts rebalanced for an endgame Link - all dungeons require skillful use of multiple items and damage ratios are balanced to assume you have max hearts and all the best equipment, AND be dangerous based on that assumption. It'd be amazing.
>>
>>323201017

Why would you want that?

A Link to the Past is the Other M of the Zelda franchise.
>>
>>323212918
que?
>>
>>323212918

How does one bring themselves to make such idiotic statements, even ironically?
>>
File: isthisbait.png (26 KB, 527x409) Image search: [Google]
isthisbait.png
26 KB, 527x409
>>323212918
>>
- Make the plot vaguely related to other games, don't consciously slot it into the timeline, let the player use their imagination
- Exposition at the beginning should last 5 minutes tops
- Be imaginative with environments, don't give all the dungeons generic elemental themes
- Hero mode unlocked from beginning
- Said hero mode should make enemies more aggressive and resourceful with their attacks instead of only making them hit harder
- There should be useful and trivial info on all enemies, whether it comes from a partner or a bestiary or other NPCs
- BOSS SUBTITLES
- A rupee sink for endgame spending (like a figurine lottery or some endless trade cycle)
- Cave of Ordeals
- Combat should avoid QTE
- Make all of your swanky moves necessary at some point or agaist certain enemies, no optional stuff
- Allow the picking up of enemy weapons
- Keep first-person bow/hookshot/whatever shooting as an option
- Bring magic back, don't limit spells to combat use; put in some magic-based puzzles
- NPCs should have fleshed out backstories, and there should be evidence that they interact with one another as well as Link
- Sidequests should revolve around, and should fill up about one third of the game
- Make some NPC interaction have amusing consequences elsewhere (THIEF)
- More flirty girls, more than OoT had
- Give items a regular use in combat and generally outside of puzzles, no fucking spinners or dominion rods that look awesome but you can only use once
- Layered dungeon design, secrets are revealed by items you won't always have on your first run
- If there MUST be a partner, they should be snarky, those are the only partners that ever worked (Linebeck, Midna, Tatl and Ezlo for example)
- The overworld should be big with many secrets strewn across it. It shouldn't feel like a "hub"
- Make the puzzles and dungeons HARD, make it HARD and make them involve multiple items
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.