[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How should an indiedev interact with their audience and the gaming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1433559048724.jpg (77 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1433559048724.jpg
77 KB, 640x640
How should an indiedev interact with their audience and the gaming community at large to create a positive environment and relationship with their customers? What is the extra mile an indiedev can go to gain your trust and respect? What is the opposite of pulling a phil fish?
>>
>What is the extra mile an indiedev can go to gain your trust and respect?
Make a good game instead of faggot pixel shit.
>>
>>323185236
Interact with their audience.
Suck it up and behave online. Yes, you will get trolled and/or harrassed, just like anyone who is anyone online. Don't assist your detractors in detracting from You.
>>
File: blondie6.jpg (27 KB, 354x537) Image search: [Google]
blondie6.jpg
27 KB, 354x537
just do it through a blog, keep it focused on the game and keep community interaction to a minimum

have personal accounts for other shit
>>
File: Capture.png (886 KB, 724x725) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
886 KB, 724x725
>How should an indiedev interact with their audience and the gaming community at large
they shouldn't
>>
you should give your game away for free
>>
Not sure, but the gaming community shouldn't treat them like minimum wage retail employee's.
>>
fuck off
>>
>>323186019
Just don't be so embarrassing, ignore the shitty comments, be careful what you say and don't feel like you need to have a twitter account, also Fish as a mess without twitter, not that it helped.
>>
>>323187103
in other words, act like a professional

which indie devs are not
>>
>>323186019
who is this monkey
>>
>>323185236
You could pay me and I could possibly pretend like I was acting as if I might kind of not mind you all too much.
>>
Don't pander to autists.
That is the worst thing you can do because everyone will be expecting you to put shit in that they want too and complain when you don't.
Weekly updates, not necessarily stuff with the game all the time but updates on what's going on.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.