[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come the legendary pokemon in the Mystery Dungeon games are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: 81G10-VN7PL._SL1500_.jpg (456 KB, 1500x1338) Image search: [Google]
81G10-VN7PL._SL1500_.jpg
456 KB, 1500x1338
How come the legendary pokemon in the Mystery Dungeon games are always depicted as violent territorial dicks? Aren't the majority of them supposed to be Nobel beasts or something like that.
>>
I'd be pretty pissed if someone told me that some small fries were fucking up the space-time continuum.

Palkia did nothing wrong.
>>
The postgame is fucking hard
>>
>>323177102
How about when your In the void, the legendary beasts come to save you and they pretty much say, "we don't give a shit about you, you're just useful to us."

What a dickish thing to say
>>
>>323177474

They turn out to be bros though
>>
>>323177474
Did you even finish the game dude?

They were being mean so you didn't have to feel bad leaving them behind.
>>
>>323177474
Conditioning you so you wouldn't feel bad when they gave up their lives.
>>
File: depression_drinking.jpg (15 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
depression_drinking.jpg
15 KB, 600x400
>Tree of Life: Roots
>Dark Matter Phase 2
> Pledge Hill
>Start Screen theme

I wanna go back, anons.
>>
File: 1367369520180.jpg (48 KB, 535x577) Image search: [Google]
1367369520180.jpg
48 KB, 535x577
>The sendoff in chapter 10
>>
>>323178092
>Slowed down partner theme
>>
>get to Dark Matter Phase 2
>easy fight, do the first shattering
>but he doesn't keep stat debuffs
>immediately wiped by the next attack
>need to set through all of the cutscenes again to actually have items

RIP

My Mudkip actually didn't change a single move for the entire duration of the playthrough. Growl was actually very useful; it's going to be essential when I actually get the kill, and I've used it several times throughout the game to debuff bosses/tough enemies/big rooms. Fennekin changed moves plenty of times though; it went from Scratch to Flame Charge to Fire Spin, and Tail Whip to Howl to Attract.
>>
>>323178334

I really wish they'd let you skip cutscenes if you were repeating them.
I also wish the tree was a real dungeon.
>>
>>323178457
Tree of life only exists to showcase the music.
>>
>>323178553

Which is all breddy gud to be fair.
But, at least as far as main story goes, dungeons like Magma Cavern, Sky Tower and Temporal Tower at least tested you.
>>
File: Farwell.jpg (219 KB, 700x537) Image search: [Google]
Farwell.jpg
219 KB, 700x537
>>323177948
I just wanted to stop playing...You were the best partner, cute Chespin.
>>
>>323178649
>That dungeon before you fight "Giratina"
>Poliwrath River
>Gentle Slope Cavern

Help
>>
>>323178727
I don't remember the "Giratina" dungeon being that challenging; it was one of those dungeons where you were given like thirty units who weren't actually in your party and were really overleveled so you could just make them kill all of the enemies without using any of your resources.
>>
>>323178704
Had a Fennekin. Rip little buddy.
>>
>>323178914
I had a riolu so it was hard.
>>
>>323179234
I used Fennekin and had Riolu as a partner and literally none of the main story was difficult.

The first epilogue dungeon where you have to solo it with your main was ridiculous though. Had to spam wands and run away because everything was rock/ground or dark type
>>
>>323180362
I know that feel. God do I.
>>
>>323176938
The Noble beasts (Gen 5 muskateer douchebags) are fucking wet blankets is why, and it's much more fun to put up with the asshole dogs than legends who bend over to you, some random chucklefuck.
The ones that make you go through 30+ floor dungeons just to fight you 1 v 1~3 are the real legends.
>>
Got my ass beat in poliwrath river or whatever and haven't touched it since.

That fuckin' blowed.

Getting confused in an alley like fuck me man.
>>
>>323180951
Get wands and confusion/sleep/petrify balls. The Salamance and Poliwrath fights are meant to be a giant sign that says "stop being afraid to use items! Use them!"
>>
>>323181116
Yeah I'm not knocking the game or whatever. I like how this on is more difficult early on.
I just gotta finish some leftover playthroughs (SS and Plat) before getting back into it.
>>
>>323181328
I figured you were not, just giving you a big tip. What really got me into the game is that unlike most games, where items are seen as secondary or tertiary, this game actually places them as very much a part of the gameplay and ignoring them will cost you.
>>
>>323181116
Man the salamance fight was fucking tense for me. My partner managed to burn him before he murdered everyone except for me, so i had to warp wand him away while i hid and just waited him out. Shit was scary.
>>
>>323181963
I was totodile, and chespin managed to pick up bulldoze. All I really needed to do from there was sleep him with the wand, and it was pretty much over.
>>
File: Super Mystery Dungeon Ship.jpg (180 KB, 690x466) Image search: [Google]
Super Mystery Dungeon Ship.jpg
180 KB, 690x466
>>323182174
Another Totodile with a Chespin as their partner-mon? I swear, that combo is the best dynamic duo I could ever ask for.
>>
>>323182468
Chespin holds up pretty much the entire game. Totodile, I felt, ended up lagging towards middle-late game. Though, having access to Ice Fang and Hone Claws made things easier.
>>
Can you recruit legendary monz and can you evolve?
>>
>>323182973

Yes
Yes
>>
What are the best starter mons /v/?
>>
>>323183019
Don't fucking lie to him about the second question. This has been a major flaw of mystery dungeon since its conception.

You can only evolve your starters post game.
>>
>>323183980

The post game is like half of the game
also it happens temporarily in the main story
>>
>>323183247
Chespin is pretty broken
Roll out does stupidly strong damage
In my own experience Charmander is really good too cause it can learn Heatwave so you could roll with 3 Charizards after the game and literally roll over everything with Heatwave+Earthquake.
>>323183980
Evolving isn't an big issues in this game since your stats don't increase upon evolution.
>>
About how long does it take for the game to get really difficult? I'm interested in a new Mystery Dungeon game (especially since Etrian was such a letdown) but I don't want to slog for 20-30 hours before I'm challenged.
>>
>>323183247
Chespin is definitely my favorite, due rollout, pin needle, and vine whip. Can do some really stupidly high damage with those. And late game, if turned into Chesnaught, can get Drain Punch and Bulk Up for some stupid damage.

I'd also take into consideration what moves a mon can learn. Totodile is great as a beginning mon, due to ice fang, but the rather lackluster movepool later on makes him rather meh. Take time to see which starter has a decent movepool and see if it works well. I did hear that Rilou is difficult at first, due to a crummy movepool, but I'd expect that once it becomes Lucario, it'd be a pretty good mon to have.

>>323184391
The first hurdle is still in the tutorial stage of the game, which itself is ~6-7 hours long.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.