[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Venom a good leader of his people?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7
File: image.png (893 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
image.png
893 KB, 900x900
Was Venom a good leader of his people?
>>
No. He didn't lead anything, he didn't even talk to anyone.
>>
Yes, and the best snake.
>>
>>323175154
Yes
Unlike the piece of shit Big Boss. Venom never ran away from his problems like a little bitch.
>>
>>323175268
>doesn't talk to Kazuhira
>doesn't talk to Ocelot
>doesn't talk to Paz
>doesn't talk to CodeTalker

yeah sure ok.
>>
He let Kazuhira become Motherbase Judge, Jury and Executioner with very little interference.

No.
>>
>>323175526
>doesn't talk to Kazuhira
>"Kaz..."
>doesn't talk to Ocelot
>"Ocelot... raising hound..."
>doesn't talk to Paz
>"Paz...."
>doesn't talk to CodeTalker
>"Vocal cord parasites...?"
Yeah lets count all those 5 lines as conversaions
>>
>>323175851

git gud at shitposting 1/10
>>
File: 1445549153969.png (244 KB, 397x448) Image search: [Google]
1445549153969.png
244 KB, 397x448
Why is Venom so handsome?
>>
>>323175851
>"Just one thing, Kaz... This isn't about the past...We're fighting for the future."
—Punished "Venom" Snake

"I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea. I will always be with you, plant your roots in me. I won't see you end as ashes. You're all diamonds...We are Diamond Dogs.
— Punished "Venom" Snake

I haven't forgotten what you told me, Boss. We have no tomorrow: but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us: no need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger. I have to drag out the demon inside me, build a better future. That's what I— what we will leave as our legacy. Another mission, right Boss?
— Punished "Venom" Snake

Whatever moron, why not actually try playing the game?
>>
Probably.
He did more good than any other Snake has.
>>
>>323176285
>Whatever moron, why not actually try playing the game?
Because I want to cry everytime I think about how the franchise literally ended with a whimper.
>>
>>323175851
>I never played the game, instead I just regurgitate whatever shitpost /v/ comes up with next!

Literally you.
>>
>>323176587
It was WAY to easy to bait you out as the whiny shitposter you are.

MGSV is legitimately a great game, you're a faggot. Case closed
>>
>>323176285
>3 lines
>one is in an cutscene that's not even officially released
Even Quiet almost spoke more than him.
>>
>>323176587
>best Metal Gear fight since Shagohod
>best gameplay the series ever had
>200+ hour campaign
>great stealth mechanics
>story focuses on interpersonal character exchange and is really a "slice of life" more than a definite story with a start/end point
>series ended with a whimper

Sure thing pissbaby.
>>
>>323176849
MGSV ruined the perfect closure of MGS4.
I mean even Peace Walker is a better MGS game than MGSV.
MGSV betrayed the loyalty of all the fans
>>
>>323175154
Man there are so many things that upset me about this game. But then just did some drive-by's on buddy gear and everything was alright.
>>
>>323176587
>>323176879
HOLY FUCK None of you actually listened to the tapes huh?
>>
>>323177308
>MGSV ruined the perfect closure of MGS4.
How?
>>
>>323177308
October and November are over faggot, you losers got your "MGSV IS LE SHIT XD" period.

MGSV didn't betray MGS4s story, hell it barely even references MGS4 at all.
>>
File: 1451840376711.jpg (39 KB, 343x481) Image search: [Google]
1451840376711.jpg
39 KB, 343x481
>>323177371
Made BB look like an ass when talking to Solid at that grave
>>
>>323177369
I did and I got 2 hours of MALE TO FEMALE VOCAL CORD PARASITE COPULATE and you can hear he occasionally says "kaz...." once every 5 minutes.
>>
>faggots still can't accept the fact MGSV is still liked by a noticeable portion of the fanbase

No fun police is back, it was cool having MGSV threads in December without shitposting.
>>
>>323177612
He WAS an ass already. Big Boss is mostly a misinterpreted figure in the MGS universe, while "overall" a great man and leader, he's extremely manipulative and rarely stops to consider the results of his actions. MG1+2 made this extremely clear, hell MGS3 and 2 make it pretty clear already.
>>
>>323177686
It's not my fault nor MGSVs fault you decided to listen to the silly tapes as opposed to the actual dialog tapes between Venom, Kaz, Ocelot.
>>
Tapes were a mistake. All the plot should be presented in cutscenes and gameplay, not some audio log.
>>
>OH NO MGSV THREADS ARE MAKING A COMEBACK
>W-W-WE CANT HAVE MGSV RUINING OUR DAILY UNDERTALE AND FALLOUT NEW VEGAS THREADS
>WE BETTER SHITPOST!!
>>
File: biggie.jpg (73 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
biggie.jpg
73 KB, 630x420
>>323175154
>mfw /v/ predicted that he wasn't really big Boss before this game came out and people still were surprised

Kek
>>
>>323178119
People made that exact same complaint with MGS2+3 using Codec Calls for important plot revelations like the Colonel AI speaking with Raiden or The Boss explaining her philosophy to John
>>
>>323178203
Literally everyone predicted this
>>
>>323178362
Still better than tapes
>>
>>323175154
Depends on the player.
>>
>>323178917
>has a screen of characters faces awkwardly moving mouths or not at all

It's really not tho, take off the nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>323179093
Only correct answer
>>
File: 1315794555492.jpg (13 KB, 339x302) Image search: [Google]
1315794555492.jpg
13 KB, 339x302
>Zero clones BB.
>He gets pissed and leaves.
>Goes into coma, Zero makes a body double.
>BB is totally fine with this.
>So are Kaz and Ocelot, who know it was Zero's idea from the start.

I swear I'm missing something. Either that or Ocelot and Kaz are just straight up lying to BB.
>>
>>323177612
How exactly? Can't really remember what he said at the final scene in MGS4
>>
LOOK AROUND YOU.

THIS IS YOUR FAMILY.
>>
>>323179673
Kazuhira was working with Cypher all along

Ocelot was working with real BB
>>
>>323180049
So did Ocelot tell BB that Zero made his body double? Because I don't thing BB would be okay with that considering how pissed he was at Zero for the cloning shit.
>>
>WE DONT DRAW WEAPONS ON COMRADES

Fuck all of you, this scene was great.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xB27Aa6DTV0
>>
>>323175154
no he killed a whole fucking crew in motherbase by orders of miller
>>
>>323180251
Venom isn't a clone
He's a soldier made to believe he's Big Boss, and this was really BBs plan from the start, create a body double to lead Zero and SKULLFACE off his tracks while uncovering the truth behind Le Infants Terribles
>>
>>323180436
But the body double was Zero's idea all along
They "made" Venon while both of them were still in a coma
>>
>>323180284
>BE GENTLE
>Your cqc is SHIT

best snake
>>
>>323180436
I meant the clones are liquid and solid bro.

Also Venom being BB's idea seems a bit off considering Zero is the one that executed the plan, which implies that Ocelot is more or less working for Zero until after MG1.
>>
>>323180613
Zero first came up with the idea but potentially never planned to actually "use it".

BB saw the potential of the plan as a way to escape the eye of XOF, FOX and the patriots/Zero.

Learning of Les Infants Terribles was the "last straw" for BB concerning his relationship with Zero. He felt if Zero could do something as obtrusive as cloning him without his consent he could set up a plan to make a fake BB should the event of his fake death ever come.
>>
>>323180841
The TRUTH tape seemed to imply Bog Boss knew and planned for his eventual body switch for a long time.
>>
>>323181075
Listening to the truth tapes is kinda what fuckes things up for me.

At the end of GZ, BB is in a coma... so how the fuck could he have that conversation with Ocelot about the medic throwing himself in front of BB after Paz got BTFO?
>>
>>323181075
But when Zero visits BB the Venon is already the body double.
He enters the room and asks "Which one is he?"
>>
>>323181634
It's possible he only sustained minor injuries and was unconscious for a few days as opposed to Big Medic who was out for 9 whole years.
>>
>>323181869
nah man the surgery happens after he wakes up.

he asks which one because of the bandages
>>
>>323181869
They both were probably still heavily bandaged.
>>
File: such lust.jpg (33 KB, 288x432) Image search: [Google]
such lust.jpg
33 KB, 288x432
>>323178203
Everyone that wasn't a total retard predicted that you weren't playing as the real Big Boss, though maybe not who exactly you were playing as
>Kaz saying "What about him?" and looking at the camera in one of the trailers
>Kiefer Sutherland voices the only character with a conveniently hidden face
Then in the game itself
>Game starts with a name input and a fucking CHARACTER CREATION SCREEN
>Ishmael says stuff like "you're talking to yourself", "you're pretty good" and teaches Venom how to fix his arm etc.
>Venom doesn't know Russian
>Ocelot says Eli, who everyone knows is Liquid isn't actually Venom's clone
>The AI pod outright says Venom isn't Snake
I mean what the fuck? Did Kojima actually think people wouldn't guess the "twist" when the game starts with a custom character creation? I was actually assuming they were going to reveal the twist right there in the beginning like they did in MGS2 with the Solid / Raiden switch between Tanker and Plant. But no, the reveal is dragged until the very end of the game and the reasoning behind it is just pathetic pandering to the fanbase.
>>
>>323181987
Disregard that, I suck cocks. Checked out the truth tapes on youtube and apparently the conversation happened after BB woke up 9 years later, while Venom was still in his coma.

But if that's the case why did BB say he'd been watching over Venom for nine years when they both escaped the hospital?

Does anyone know when all the truth tapes were actually recorded?
>>
>>323182112
I have no problem with the twist, I just hoped it was hidden better

I wish they'd do the character creation thing in GZ so they could hide it as LOOK ! THIS IS YOUR CAMEO !
>>
>>323182058
>>323182085
Y'know this is the shit of fucking tapes telling some of the most important story parts of the game
The better parts of the gamer weren't really in the game
>>
>>323182379
everyone guessed it but you though
>>
>>323182379
I honestly liked that the specifics are hard to decipher, it was the only true way to portray Venom as a barely sane brain damaged man with fucked memory.

The Truth tapes also contain lies, Big Boss made those tapes with the intention of only Venom hearing them. Really MGSVs biggest story related strength is how dynamically all the character motivations/arcs crisscross and influence each other.
>>
File: idiot1.jpg (18 KB, 973x129) Image search: [Google]
idiot1.jpg
18 KB, 973x129
>>323176587
is this you?
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.