[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy shit I've never seen so much entitlement before. Piratefags,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: piratefags.jpg (78 KB, 1016x711) Image search: [Google]
piratefags.jpg
78 KB, 1016x711
Holy shit I've never seen so much entitlement before.

Piratefags, ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>323169107
693 out of the millions?
>>
How exactly does denuvo work? When it first popped up people said it basically ruins ssds, is that still the case or?
>>
>>323169107
>Mohammad

just jihad them
>>
>>323169237

The petition is so damn obscure almost nobody gives a fuck.

But then there's the 12 year old with entitlement issues.
>>
>>323169369
It doesn't ruin hardware, neither it slows games down as MGS V and Mad Max showed us.
>>
>>323169369

Denuvo denies those claims.

It's mostly paranoid cunts trying to ruin denuvo's name so others also get scared and avoid their system.

To date I have not seen a single source for this claim.
>>
>>323169369
It locks the exe or some shit, the only true complain is that you cant really mod the game aside from textures or model swaps
>>
>>323169369
rumors and fake screencaps on russian forums, denuvo is a thing that runs and it makes sure nobody altered the game files, that's it, since it's a process that constantly runs, it has a tiny load on your system, but it's practically unnoticeable.
>>
File: crash.jpg (17 KB, 893x100) Image search: [Google]
crash.jpg
17 KB, 893x100
This is why the industry doesn't bother anymore.

This is why everyone is moving to the mobile market.
>>
>>323169878
But it's true I was interested in Mad Max but didn't buy it because I couldn't try out how it runs on my system. I bought several games in the $30-40 range in the christmas steam sale, but passed on Mad Max.
>>
>>323169107
Name one time one of those faggy petitions worked
>>
>>323169878
What's wrong with this?
It's a perfectly acceptable opinion
>>
>>323169107
I don't mind piracy and pirate some games myself, but holy fucking shit making this about 'freedom'? How much big of a fucking sperg can you get? Greasy fat trash people.

I sincerely hope that piracy doesn't go away tho.
>>
>>323169369
Denuvo works to prevent reverse engineering of the game's exe. They're trying to not call it DRM, but it is in fact DRM.

>>323171225
Isn't Dark Souls PC because of a massive petition?
>>
File: Penn-Jillette-8608.jpg (1 MB, 1800x2100) Image search: [Google]
Penn-Jillette-8608.jpg
1 MB, 1800x2100
I won't buy a game which I can't pirate.
Why?
Becuase I want a from publisher and devs untouchable copy which I can put on my archive HDD.
Games nowadays can get altered years after release because of shitty licnese expieration or social drama bullshit.
GTA SA got some radio songs cut out, Mafia 2 isn't even avialible on steam anymore because of some songs.
Half life 2 got forcibly updated and some cool older mods won't run with it now.
Shit can get censored or removed and you literally can't do anything about it if you own it only on steam.

Now things like GOG I can get behind since they provide a setup.exe which I can backup on my drive.
>>
>>323169570
>It's mostly paranoid cunts trying to ruin denuvo's name so others also get scared and avoid their system.
This always happens whenever some new kind of DRM comes out, you get people spreading rumours about how it kills your mother and rapes your sister even if there's no evidence for it.
>>
>>323169878
Industry doesn't bother anymore because the market is too big and you don't have to make a quality product to make money.

Everyone is moving to mobile market it's bigger, cheaper to develop for and is full of people with lwo standards willing to be milked for money.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.