[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I have a question to all the PS4 fags out there: how do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1372964377392.jpg (21 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1372964377392.jpg
21 KB, 300x300
So I have a question to all the PS4 fags out there: how do you connect the console to a WiFi that requires an in-browser login screen?

If you have ever been in hotels or anywhere that offers "free" WiFi, you are probably familiar with the kind of login I'm talking about.
The problem is, I have to spend a couple of months in a building that has the same kind of WiFi.
There is no password to connect to the WiFi itself, but there is a password to actually access the internet and you need to open your browser to type it, but the PS4 is apparently not able recognise such a thing and just stays offline without opening the login screen (which is what happens normally when you connect with a smartphone or a PC)

Any idea how to solve this problem?
>>
>>323155061
Couln'td you just connect it directly to the router itself with an eithernet cable and then login into the WiFi?
>>
File: Chinese__Triangle__on_CAT_740.jpg (56 KB, 757x527) Image search: [Google]
Chinese__Triangle__on_CAT_740.jpg
56 KB, 757x527
Pls respond
>>
A friend of mine lives in a dorm and had the same problem, he got it to work. I don't know how and he's asleep right so I can't ask him. But he's not an IT guy, so the solution can't be that complicated. Google it or something.

Similar question though: How the fuck do I get NAT type 1? It feels like the PS4 resets router settings or something because it never stays forwarded or in the DMZ
>>
>>323155307
No, because the router is not in my apartment, is in an hallway outside, I can't just run a cable
>>
>>323155414
I tried to google it but I don't know how to search this particular problem, mainly I don't know what this kind of login is called.

All I can find is instructions on how to connect the PS4 the usual way, but nothing about this situation.
>>
>>323155414
If you get type 2 while you're connected to a router then everything is working fine.
>>323155061
I don't think you can though. Ask the people at r/ps4/
>>
>>323155418
Well who's internet is it? Couldn't you ask them if you can just connect to the WiFi normally through a passkey?
>>
>>323155547
Try "public access wifi" or something. Or... Can you get WIfi on your computer and connect the PS4 to that?
>>
>>323155640
It's a public WiFi owned by the building, of course I will try to get in touch with the owners, but I was looking for a DIY solution before going for a string of phonecalls

>>323155693
My shitty laptop can't be both an hotspot and a receiver at the same time, either you connect to the WiFi or you use it as an hotspot and since I can't run a cable, it's useless.

I'll try googling a little bit more to see what I can find.
>>
Some of these building-wide wifi's simply don't allow games consoles to connect as part of some weird policy.
>>
>>323155061
I had this problem in my halls at uni. You either have to rely on the IT Support not fucking up and adding your MAC Address to the whitelist, use Connectify on your laptop, or tether it to your phone.
>>
i know on my wii u i selected the one i wanted to connect to then opened a browser and the login screen was there for me.
>>
>>323156925
The PS4 does not allow you to open the browser if you are not connected to the internet, pretty retarded feature if you ask me. The PS3 didn't have this stupid limit.

>>323156395
>>323156552
I think found the solution, once you are connected you go to settings > user guide and it opens up a browser page, which is then redirected by your connection to the login screen.

Thanks for the help anyway
>>
>>323159348
Wifi that requires a browser login can be accessed by opening a browser and using it to log in! YOU DON'T FUCKING SAY
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.