[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright, you nibblets, it's time to have a good thread for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: end.jpg (34 KB, 346x346) Image search: [Google]
end.jpg
34 KB, 346x346
Alright, you nibblets, it's time to have a good thread for once.

Post your most satisfying ending of any game.

My choice is Far Cry 2 or Devil May Cry 4, last one is super bittersweet, considering the fact that DmC came afterwards.

>Hey Dante! Will we meet again?
> . . .
>>
File: Chrono Trigger.jpg (17 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Chrono Trigger.jpg
17 KB, 400x300
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn5K-NNmgTM
>>
Asura's Wrath was pretty cool (with DLC).
>>
>>323151732
Dude DMC's stories sucked (part from 3, liked that one's story) and Far Cry 2 was some out of the blue bullshit.

As for my choices:
>The Desolate Hope
Pretty natural culmination for the story, kinda touching, shame the human models look like lego people.

>Mark of the Ninja
Honestly Mark of the Ninja drops the ball on characterization and dialogue pretty hard apart from this, you're asked to sympathize with a silent character and I've no fucking idea why.

The ending was damn good, though. Nice song for it, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpDhm8YHXZc

>Arx Fatalis
Talking about it would ruin it.

>Dragon's Dogma
Same deal. Notable since like Mark of the Ninja, Dragon's Dogma drops the ball incredibly hard with its generic goddamn story, but the ending is fantastic.

>Max Payne
Easily some of the best dialogue written in videogames. Fuck noir, noir never had the humour and eloquency Max Payne did.

>Drakengard 1/3/Nier
Shoo-ins.
>>
>Psychonauts
Hero defeats the villain, saves the day, conquers his fears, achieves his dreams and gets the girl. Pretty simple ending but very well done.
>>
What game, in your opinion, is better:
>the one that has many endings
>the one that has only one ending
>>
>>323154939
Depends on the narrative structure. Something like Dead Rising or Oddworld games, where your ending is directly tied to your performance, would suffer from one ending, and that is something only videogames can truly do.

For a game that's attempting to have a hard-hitting story, though, I generally prefer the single ending.
>>
MGS V had a good ending for Kojima's final game with Konami.
>>
>>323155240
How do you explain NieR, then?
>>
File: image.jpg (185 KB, 1024x1434) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
185 KB, 1024x1434
The Light Side ending to KOTOR was such a fucking happy moment for me when I first beat it at 12 years old. Took my time with it and beat it with %100. Ran around the room excited as fuck when those credits hit. Good times.

Also, the twist blew my 12 year old brain, couldn't believe it.
>>
>>323154939
Many endings > One ending > two "Good" and "Evil" endings
>>
>>323151732
BioShock good ending. I felt well rewarded for not harvesting any little sisters because I'm a massive moralfag, even in vidya.
>>
I actually like Fahrengeit's endings.
>>
>>323156112
kill urself
>>
>>323151732
I fucking loved the ending of Divinity Ego Draconis. I know the Dragon Knight Saga continued it, but I loved the way the base game did it. It's pretty rare to get a not happy ending where you've been had all along and get the bad guy blaze up the world you've journeyed across, while you're trapped in a shitty crystal thing.
>>
>>323157482
I liked them, but I grew pretty sick of the fact that I never knew what happened on that cold January night.
>>
>>323151732
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-CSZDbKuL4

One of the very few video game endings I consider almost perfect.
>>
>>323158059
Why "almost"?
>>
Not exactly a "happy" ending, but from the players perspective feels great leaving that hell of a place in one piece, also dat fuckin music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jTmU_M-8p4
>>
Max payne 2 Canon ending.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QQFdJ7aEg8
>>
>>323154939
one ending. when I finish a game, I really want it to be finished. I don't wanna have to replay to see more stuff or wonder if my ending was the canon one or not.
>>
>>323154939
One true ending with slight variation on the outcome depending on players performance or actions is the way to go.
>>
It felt really good when I finally got to the end of Okami.
It's one of those games I played as a kid but didn't make it to the end (I stopped somewhere around the ghost ship), and went back to a few years ago. I fucking love that game.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.