[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a better couple in JRPG's than Elly and Fei from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 11
File: Elly.jpg (49 KB, 1514x851) Image search: [Google]
Elly.jpg
49 KB, 1514x851
Is there a better couple in JRPG's than Elly and Fei from Xenogears?
>>
Jan Sauer and Lactis
you know he was in love with his captain
>>
>>323145652

Do they have a confirmed love making scene though?

Have they both reincarnated through the ages and fell in love every time?

I like to focus on this part of the story because the actual plot is fucking confusing
>>
>>323145206
Squall and Rinoa. It feels like a real relationship.
>>
>>323145206
>we love each other because we always loved each other
Literally garbage-tier romance. It doesn't get much worse than this.
>>
>>323145957

Yeah, but the way it blossomed wasn't nearly as natural to me than Fei and Elly, Squall just ups and starts caring for Rinoa one day, because FFVIII writing is shit.

>>323146126

It's not that simple though.
>>
>>323146239

It's funny how Xenogears just portrays sex like it wasn't a big deal yet Final Fantasy has to dance around the issue, people are still in denial over whether Cloud and Tifa did it under the Highwind.
>>
>>323146491
Relationships were a much more important part to Xenogears story though. XG's sex scene also wasn't particularly good. Pretty matter of fect. Sex confirmed.
>>
>>323146491
I wonder if they will even include that highwind part in the remake? I wouldn't even be surprised if Tifa somehow takes on the personality of lighting
>>
>>323145206
I like luis and febronia. But then again the story only really picked up in xenosaga 3.
>>
>>323147220

I agree, but only in the sense that it showed you then ature of Miang's relationship with Ramsus and for Fei and Elly too.

And by good? well, it was non existent in the sense we get the before and after, not sure about you but I liked the talk Fei and Elly had before they sleep together.

>>323147231

Aret hey even together in Advent Children, they give off the LEAST 'couple' vibes for any supposed couple in the entire series I think, they feel like friends at best in Advent Children, not lovers.

I think them ost ridiculous example of this is FFIV TAY where Cecil and Rose have single beds, retarded.
>>
>>323147401

Is it worth emulating the Xenosaga series? I know Xenosaga 2 is supposed to be fucking awful but I hear it's worth it in that you finish Xenosaga 3 and then you feel empty that it's all over?

Also, I like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTkAEVCX-Hc

Though not as much as Small Two of Pieces

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIzmMizFVE0

Xenogears gives me the feels.
>>
>>323145206
For me it's Hiro and Lucia from Lunar 2. It's really well paced in its progression throughout the story, and the post game stuff where Hiro and the gang go out and find her again is also really well done.
>>
File: this will trigger meliafags.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
this will trigger meliafags.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>323145206
Shulk and not Melia in Xenoblade.
>>
>>323148694

I didn't give a FUCK about any of the characters in Chronicles to that extent, I liked Shulk, Reyn and Dunban as characters but who gave a fuck about the retarded Reyn and whats her name subplot?

Hard to beleive that was even tangentially related to Xenogears in that respect.
>>
>>323148694

Yeah, Shulk and Fiora are another 'couple' who are more best friends then anything, also hard to feel anything when one half of the duo dies for most of the game and comes back as a fucking monstrosity.
>>
>>323147838
I think with 2 all you really need to watch are the cutscenes with JR and albedo don't bother playing it its just a whole lot of filler that goes nowhere till the last boss fight
>>
Ramsus was far too miserable considering he was banging Miang.
>>
File: 18-tears.jpg (667 KB, 800x698) Image search: [Google]
18-tears.jpg
667 KB, 800x698
you didn't say it had to have a happy ending
>>
>>323145206
>we love eachother because our past selves did
It was shit, like the game.
>>
File: otp.jpg (380 KB, 850x1203) Image search: [Google]
otp.jpg
380 KB, 850x1203
Garnet and Zidane is best Final Fantasy OTP.

>Dat ending
>>
>>323150749
This and also Mami and Fou-Lu.
>>
>>323150749
it felt like bof 4 ended a bit sooner than what they wanted it too with the true villain getting away with everything
>>
>>323150841
rarely, rarely have I witnessed a story so pointless and stupid like that of FF9.

I'm sorry but playing that game was wasted time.
>>
>>323145206
Call me a faggot but I always had a weak spot for the whole "eternal love that transcends life and time" stuff.
The fact that everytime without a doubt, Elly and Fei will be born, grow up, meet each other at some point, and fall in love without fail is just too beautiful.
I would definitely play a DLC or full game that was just about their previous lives before Elly and Fei.
>>
>>323150908
the whole game was unfinished as fuck in general, it completely shits itself for the second half
>>
>>323150953
let's just hope they NOT remake Xenogears
>>
>>323150756

Redundant post bruh.

>>323146126

And you are both wrong assuming this isn't a case of samefagging to get a bigger reaction this time.

Literally all of the past lives Elly and Fei lived in Xenogears contributed something important to the overall story of the game, and yes it is significant, especially in the Lahan incarnation because his love for Elly is what caused him to roll most of the events in the game into motion.

And the current incarnations of Fei and Elly in Xenogears have a well written, eventual getting together, so what's the problem?
>>
File: yuna 1.jpg (173 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
yuna 1.jpg
173 KB, 500x500
>>323150908
>>323151017

I think you guys are just so used to the typical RPG kill the bad guy stories that you missed sight of what was actually happening.
>>
>>323150841

Ending to FFIX was great, yes. I think FFVIII's ending was better, although Squall/Rinoa wasn't as great.

>>323150953

Call me a faggot too then. If anything, this game shows us that your first meeting with a girl can have her pointing a gun at you and sex is STILL totally not off the table.

>>323151023

Oh come on, Disc 2 as it is now is a fucking tragedy, they summarized Bart getting that giant Mech that fuses with his ship in like 2 paragraphs and then say 'kk, boss fight now" and then the dungeons you DO get are garbage.

And desu, I would like the game as a whole improved in the gameplay department a little, some of the dungeons are atrocious.
>>
>>323151030
>especially in the Lahan incarnation because his love for Elly is what caused him to roll most of the events in the game into motion.

And Krelian's love. A Woman is the sole cause of most of, if not all the shit that happens in Xenogears.
>>
>>323151271
no i know what was happening its just in the previous bof games you got to fight the real baddies and when they didn't put it in this one it made feel unfinished
>>
>>323151271
I wasn't even purely talking about Yuna. The game was clearly unfinished.
>>
>>323150953

You so wish you had what Elly/Fei had don't you, anon?
>>
File: Astana.jpg (70 KB, 517x700) Image search: [Google]
Astana.jpg
70 KB, 517x700
>>323150865
>Mami and Fou-Lu
Still fucking mad.
>>
I think the best incarnation is Kim/Elly.
>>
File: xeno-fei-fong-wong1.jpg (128 KB, 800x1350) Image search: [Google]
xeno-fei-fong-wong1.jpg
128 KB, 800x1350
>>323151329
No doubt Disc 2 was rushed and they're bits missing and such.

but if they remake it now it will end being CURAZEE KH action based edgy action jrpg MCVXIII WITH ROBOTZZZ

plus all the people who worked on X.are now scattered in other companies.

I do love that game, please let it rest in peace.
>>
Why does Capcom hate BOF? All these characters and none appearing in a Capcom VS game
>>
>>323151839

How do you feel about the on foot/Skell combat in Xenoblade X?
>>
>>323151771
That game was really fucked up when it wanted to be
>>
>>323151838

Was Kim the one shot down by Solaris soldiers?

Also, speaking of past incarnations of Fei, can someone tell me if I've got this right with Lahan:

Lahan was just another incarnation of Fei who in his grief over Sophia/Elly's death, became Grahf afterg etting power from his incomplete contact with Zophar, then he body hopped into Khan and he comes back to the current Fei and goads him to become stronger so he can have the body back, albeit not the exact same one he left?

The story is a bit mental after a point.

On that note, Grahf is a fucking badass.
>>
>>323145206
Shulk and Fiora

Unless you're Melia
>>
>>323152251
>when it wanted to be
More like it was fucked up as a whole.
West is a bunch of weak pussies ready to betray their own allies just to avoid getting raped by Carronade again, eastern empire is like an imperial Japan who got their hands on hex nukes and has a Unit 731. Genocide of entire villages, torture and brutal death of innocent girls, horrifying poverty of eastern villages, game sure was pretty fucking grim.
>>
>>323150749
*Not pictured: the rest of Elina
>>
>>323152505
>Melia
>>
>>323151986
Have still to try it.Plan on doing that as soon as I can.

But if it's like XC on the Wii it will be disappointing. I think combat in that game is worth 0 effort.
>>
>>323152736

I think it's more involved than most RPG combat is, you have combos and positionals to think of.

One thing that surprised me about Xenogears combat is I ended up liking Gears combat more as I found it got more strategic.
>>
>>323153045
>liking Gears combat more as I found it got more strategic.

yep. same here. ground foot combat is a bit underwhelming on the strategy side. I do like the it because of the animations and because if you're strong enough you get to ground gears with your bare hands.

but yeah.
>>
File: lost_odyssey_conceptart_5WG8f.jpg (129 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
lost_odyssey_conceptart_5WG8f.jpg
129 KB, 1000x600
Cliche, maybe.
>>
>>323154007

Destined to fall apart. I loved Lost Odyssey though.
>>
>>323154007
cliche but enjoyable.
>>
Why the FUCK wasn't Fei in Playstation All Stars?
>>
>>323145206

I like the short animated cut scene (which was always cool to have, as it felt different in that respect to the PS1 FF games) when Fei kisses elly, the way she just gives herself at the end with a sort of relaxed pose.
>>
>>323152262
Kim was the scientist trying to solve the birth rate issue with nanomachines. But he realized that Zeboim was corrupt as fuck under Miang, and hid Esmeralda in his lab as a half formed structure. Elly gets gunned down in the process, and maybe Kim goes Id on the city.
>>
>>323145957
that relationship had fuckall of development and killed Squall as a decent character.

Doesn't help that Rinoa is the worst girl in that game
>>
>>323151650
Seeing as I had so many failed relantionships so far, yes I really wish I did.
>>
>>323156432

I know he's Esmerelda's Father and whatnot but I recall the scene having Kim die but I may need to check that (the cutscene showing multiple timelines where Elly keeps urging Fei to "live!").

Whatever, it all goes to shit for the people at that time anyway.
>>
How did Ramsus truly feel about Miang?
>>
>>323156551
Holy fuck did having relations with Rinoa kill any prospects Squall had as a decent character.
>>
>>323156685

Do you feel people were not meant to be alone then?
>>
>>323145206
I can't remember their love story at all. Just some exposition about reincarnation at some point.
>>
>>323156868
he was one of those cool leaders that don't let anything bother him

Then Rinoa falls into the coma and suddenly is he complaining that she will never be by his side and other stupid bullshit despite the fact before the come, he never really cared for her.
>>
>>323157007

The reincarnation is part of a bigger, more confusing part of the story, but Fei and Elly in the current timeline and the progression of their relationship is simple enough, I liked it.

The fact that you learn later on they have been doing this for several lifetimes is even better.

Also, I'm fucking calling it, the writing where Elly admits she loves Fei before they have sex is also the best intimate moment between an RPG couple.
>>
>>323147571

So what about the scene with Tidus and Yuna in the Lake? How far did that go?
>>
File: laguna julia.jpg (57 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
laguna julia.jpg
57 KB, 500x373
>>
File: shyurialice.jpg (31 KB, 569x436) Image search: [Google]
shyurialice.jpg
31 KB, 569x436
Definitely Yuri and Alice.
>>
>>323157569

>their children finish the love their parents could not
>>
>>323156795

He was always insecure about himself. Guess he looked at Miang to be his support. Reminding him of his importance.

I don't think it was love, though.
>>
>>323156893
In a way I guess I do.
I have a theory that the main objective of life is to produce more life to keep existing. If you look around, you see the majority of people have or had at some point a partner who they did or will produce offsprings with.
But its also my personal desire that I dont die alone. I really want to have a healthy and loving relantionship with a woman that will last more than a few years.
>>
>>323157623
I wish pointless dogshit of second game never happened.
>>
>>323157623
That ending kinda got me by surprise.
At the end I knew that she was injured because of the demons in Yuri's conscience but I wasnt expecting her to actually die.
>>
>>323157131

The problem with how it was presented is how sudden and drastic it was. There was so much dialogue in that game, so many chances to slowly bring incremental change.
And instead they did it all at once. I think it was even at a disc change. Pop out one disk where Squall's all solipsistic and pop in another where he's obsessed with Rinoa.
>>
>>323157338
I'll take your word for it, the game really lost me by the second disk so my memory of it is shit.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.