[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TF2 Pubs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 506602962_preview_TF2.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
506602962_preview_TF2.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
I haven't touched this in like a year, been trying to get back into it but every server has loud ads and brain dead 8 year olds playing, are there any good pubs left /v/?
>>
>>323134072

It's dead.
>>
>>323134591
>lying on the internet

Why?
>>
File: 1441158858530.jpg (183 KB, 1020x404) Image search: [Google]
1441158858530.jpg
183 KB, 1020x404
>>323134072
Iv been rediscovering the beauty of aggressive sticky bombing, its pretty good. It would be even better if I could have a game where my team has less then 4 spies, less then 3 snipers, and more then one medic. Also being switched to the other team in the last 30 seconds of a match you where winning is still entirely possible
>>
>>323134653
all i ever hear from any one is that the f2p people ruined it but i cant believe that with there still being a competitive scene
>>
>>323134886
I don't actually understand why people think it's ruined. It's the same game it's always been, just with a bunch of inconsequential cosmetic shit and more weapons.
>>
>>323134950
surprisingly my last couple of games have had a pretty reasonable amount of engineers, save for one where 4 engies tried to leapfrog their way into the enemys base on 2fort
>>
>>323134829
maybe someone on /v/ should start a private server with no bullshit, a server by /v/irgins for /v/irgins
>>
File: .animated17.gif (200 KB, 220x132) Image search: [Google]
.animated17.gif
200 KB, 220x132
>>323134829
>Being team swapped in the last ten seconds to the losing team
>needing one more win on that map to fulfill contract type objective
>>
>>323134653

Go ahead and explain why it isn't dead then. Valve already basically gave up on the game and is just using it as a cash cow.

>>323134886

A competitive scene that has no future. Just like Quake. I mean, for fucks sake, Valve still hasn't implemented matchmaking.

>>323134958

The good servers were overwhelmed by the wave 1 F2P kids. Regulars disappeared since every single one of the F2P players thought there was money to make in the hat market. Average skill level dropped to zero, making it even more undesirable to play.
>>
>>323135343
I have never once had trouble getting into a full game. How is it dead?
>>
>>323135343
a year ago i would have agreed with you but with the time I've spent with it i feel like the puss has started to drain from the wound and things are looking up for the old girl
>>
>>323134958
GTFO, If you didn't play The classic Warpath Map from 2012 or before, YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT TF2. Games could last up to 3 hours and most players WERE GOOD AND WORKED TOGETHER. FTP ruined the game because if it's free, no skill kids come and ruin it for responsible playing adults.
>>
>>323134829
>>323135271

Six years ago and I would have told you guys to find a good server instead of using the shitty official valve servers, but as I've been saying, dead game is dead.

>>323135507

Notice the two above idiots complaining about bad teammates? That's what I'm talking about. The good servers with admins that gave a shit are pretty much gone. All of them stopped caring about having to deal with hordes of morons.

In the golden days, admins actually implemented good controls like no auto team-swap or limited voting capabilities. There was a significant amount of player side coding development for the TF2 infrastructure.
>>
>>323135739
what happened to warpath? That was the 1st map i ever played on and now i cant find a single game of it
>>
>>323135739
>games could last up to 3 hours

That sounds awful.
>>
pubs are full of retards go play lobbies
>>
>>323135883

F2P players don't know or care about custom maps and modes. That's also why the game is dead. The servers I loved stopped playing any custom maps because the F2P retards kept voting for worthless repeated maps 24/7
>>
>>323136050
>pubs with a password

wow so skilled anon
>>
>>323136086
thats not true, there are tons of new custom modes
>>
>>323136086
>Top 5 game
>dead

k
>>
>>323135759
I guess for one, thank you for putting words in my mouth about complaining about teammates when I didn't but that's okay I really don't mind, but in any lame case, I do help admin a group of servers called [!?]Teaminterrobang and we do our best if available to keep at least an enjoyable playing environment.
If that means a TI frequenting pubber hits me up on chat while I'm playing some other game I'll jump on whichever of our TF2 servers the complaint is on, whether it's an unfunny amount of hate speech or just straight up hacking, I don't have enough admin powers to outright ban them on the spot, but I can and do take demos of them, and then either mute/silence or kick them from the server, and then upload the video evidence to our forums so higher up admins can ban or deal with as they see fit.

It's just annoying when you're on a public Valve server trying to accomplish a contract goal, and you get team switched at the last second, prolonging your contract completion.
>>
>>323136694
>TI

Did you guys ever get rid of that obnoxious opening every time you enter the server? A high pitched voice would say "Team Interrobang" and it was just awful.
>>
>>323136459

Did I say there weren't custom modes? I said that F2P players don't give a shit about them. Every single one of them plays the same official maps at every possible chance.

>>323136637

Yep. It's competing with Civ V, Ark, Rust, and Skyrim for that spot. Notice a pattern? With maybe the exception of Civ V, these games are all full of autistic retards grinding for shitty loot and worthless rewards. Which is what TF2 also is today.

>>323136694

I apologize, I was not clear enough on the admin comment. What I was trying to say is that the people that actually run the servers and care are gone. It's not just about removing a few faggots here and there, it's about the people that actively cultivated a good environment through skilled server management and decision making.
>>
>>323137191
So you admit it has players and it's alive?

Thank you.
>>
>>323137524

If your definition of alive is that it has players, sure. Looks like we agree on something. When did I ever deny that?

As I've been saying all along, it's a dead game because the playerbase is worthless and unredeemable unless a miracle occurs.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.