[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you weren't into star wars growing up >tfw you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: death star.jpg (39 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
death star.jpg
39 KB, 480x360
>tfw you weren't into star wars growing up
>tfw you missed out on great games like SotE, KOTAR, Rouge Squadron, and the Battlefronts

Star Wars gaming thread? What games still hold up today? I played the shit out of Pod Racer on the 64 but that's about it.
>>
Rouge Leader was best squadron. Battlefront 2 is GOAT Star Wars overall.
>>
I've always heard good things about Republic Commando and that Jango Fett game.
>>
>>323118263
Try x-wing alliance. The game is good, the graphics are not hideous today and you feel like really controlling every part of the spaceship.
>>
Xbox and GameCube were absolutely god tier Star Wars consoles

Absolutely fucking baffles me and is a let down how Sony got the Star Wars deal with those shitty rereleases
>>
>>323118905
>gamecube demo in store of Rogue Leader
>YOU CAN ACTUALLY USE THE TARGETTING COMPUTER

blew my fucking mind as a kid.
>>
cant wait for 10 more years of EA garbage!
>>
>>323118263
You could always play the new Battlefront.

It's pretty fun.
>>
Rogue 1 and 2 are godlike.

It's a shame that my GameCube is 15 years old and can't read disc very well anymore. I wanted to play Rogue 2 the other day and it took 12 minutes just to get the GameCube to read the disc.
>>
>>323118263
just beat kotor 1, playing part 2 now.

both still hold up great imo and have better dialogue options and humor than most other rpgs, especially today. they may be a bit slow but with a bit of patience both are really great games.
>>
>>323118263
>Rouge Squadron
>Rouge
>>
>>323119884
Get a cheap used Wii
>>
>>323118263
If you want a more old school challenge play the Super Star Wars series
>>
>kotar
>rouge squadron
>>
>>323120564
I've considered it, but GameCubes are cheaper and I dont own any Wii games.
>>
>>323120613
I love Knights of the Ald Republic
>>
>>323120917
Remember that the Wii is also a god tier emulation box for everything up to N64 (for the most part) that you can keep under your TV. I'd say that's worth $5 extra.
>>
>>323121079
Good point.

I think when my next paycheck drops I'll buy one. Is a Wii Mini worth it?
>>
>>323118263
If you haven't played Jedi Academy or Jedi Outcast, do it. They have hands down the best lightsaber combat in any Star Wars game.
>>
>>323121189
>Is a Wii Mini worth it?

Jesus Christ no, stay far away from that piece of shit.
>>
File: 1240393095655.jpg (78 KB, 639x595) Image search: [Google]
1240393095655.jpg
78 KB, 639x595
>tfw I lost my rogue leader cd
Does it emulate well?
>>
>>323121575
I don't know from experience, but I know that Factor 5 apparently employed some form of witchcraft on the N64 Rogue Squadron and Battle for Naboo games to make them work, which would probably make them difficult to emulate. The same may be true for Rogue Leader.
>>
Reminder Sony killed Factor 5.
>>
>>323122961
>>323121575
There's a console-tan comic that revolves around Rogue Leader's incomplete emulation. Sorry anons, the wizardry is too strong.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.