[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I buy an X360 now, /v/? I want to play Lost Odyssey (which
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: xbox.jpg (26 KB, 650x485) Image search: [Google]
xbox.jpg
26 KB, 650x485
Should I buy an X360 now, /v/?

I want to play Lost Odyssey (which I already played the first disc), Blue Dragon, Gears of War, Halo and Ace Combat 6

It's fairly cheap in my country right now, but I'm still on the fence

Would you guys recommend it? Also, any other hidden gems?
>>
Yea, games are cheaper than they ever will be.

I can reccomend Tales of Vesperia, Nier, Binary Domain, Way Of The Samurai 3, Halo 3 ODST, Earth Defense Force 2025, Killer Is Dead, Gears of War series.

It's worth it if you haven't had a console in a while, you have 10 years of game releases that are now really cheap to go through.
>>
Crackdown 1 and 2 are a load of fun

Unfortunately you missed the glory days of 360 online but it's still a nice console, get the slim if you can.
>>
>>323118179
Blue dragon has shit frame rate,
Every time you attack the game stupid to like 5fps....

Also the boss music is the worst
>>
>>323118562
I have a PS3 and a PC so I played some of those (Nier, Binary Domain, Killer is Dead) and I'm not really game-starved, it's just about the exclusives, really.

>>323118746
Will definitely check Crackdown. I don't think I'll need online services, but now you need to pay for Live like PS+ to play online on XONE, right? Is it needed for 360 too?

Thanks.
>>
>>323119007
If you want to play online you'll need xbox live gold but otherwise you can play you games just fine (also if your gold subscription runs out you still get to keep and play the free games of the month from the Games With Gold program).

You might actually want to get an xbone instead since they've added backwards compatibility to the 360 but then again the xbone menus run like shit and it always crashes unlike the 360.
>>
>>323118179
I wanna recommend the original Dead Rising, but it's not 2006 anymore and the graphics aren't exactly pretty by today's standards.

Gameplay wise, it's damn fun.
>>
>>323118179
Not gonna lie, I'd get one for Rock Band pro drums and pro keys. I don't have drums but I have a keyboard, don't know how to pirate or what version to get though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltKFv68Zw0A
>>
>>323119745
Dead Rising 2 is really fun, I forgot how well it compares to the original.

>tfw Dead Rising will be a decade old this year
>>
>>323119435
One is expensive as fuck here and not every game is backwards compatible, unfortunately. If it were certain that those games would hit the Retro program I would, but who knows. Thanks for the answer about Gold.

>>323119745
I don't really care about a game's "age", so it's all fine by me. I played Dead Rising 2 on PC, didn't like it very much but I didn't play it very much, too, because I was a piratefag. Might get the first.

>>323119931
Damn, that looks fun
>>
>>323118179
I bought an xbox360 recently too. Here are the games I have so far

Dragon's Dogma
Ace Combat 6
Tenchu Z
Nier
Fable 2
Bayonetta

If any game has a PC version I play that. If it has a PS3 version I usually play that. If it has neither, or if the 360 version is better than the PS3, or cheaper, then I buy that one. There are a lot of multiplats for the 360 and many more decent games than the ones I listed.
>>
Most hidden gems last gen were also on ps3. But as for exclusives, id say...
Project Slypheed, Operation Darkness, Wartech. Have you ever had an original Xbox? Theres some REALLY good gems on there that are backwards compatible
>>
I always wanted to play Prince of Persia classic and maybe that Scott Pilgrim game, but since you have a PS3 probably you've already played that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4DbHSCzZbA
>>
Alan Wake and Deadly Premonition.

But I think both are available on PC,however, Deadly Premonition is pretty broken on the PC.
>>
>>323120452
I'm waiting for the PC version of Dragon's Dogma, but Bayonetta is a good choice. I only played the PS3 version with that atrocious framerate.

>>323120701
I didn't even think of the original Xbox games, that is great. I've always been interested in those From Software games for it.

>>323120839
Didn't even know about Classic PoP

>>323120961
Played both on PC. Deadly Premonition needed some workarounds but it's playable.
>>
I personally wouldnt pay for xbl but its up to you. I highly recommened playing the gears of war story modes with a friend.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.