[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I bought this game during the holiday sale and because I heard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: psychonauts-logo.jpg (212 KB, 620x290) Image search: [Google]
psychonauts-logo.jpg
212 KB, 620x290
I bought this game during the holiday sale and because I heard it was supposed to be really good. I like 3d platformers and stuff, but this one is just like, so much talking and story when i just want to jump on things and have fun.

Did I fall for a meme by buying this game? Does it get better the more you play it? Do the cutscenes eventually stop happening every two minutes?
>>
>>323117043
I remember getting this back in 2005
Now everyone is jumping on board because of Psychonauts 2
My favorite game of all time is turning into a meme game
fuck
>>
How far are you exactly? Just wondering.
>>
Decent game.

People who barely started playing it because of phychonaunts 2 reveal are fags
>>
>>323117220
nah i didn't even hear about psychonauts 2 until after I bought this one. I was genuinely interested in playing this game because I heard it was a great 3d platformer.

>>323117347
I like did basic braining and then went to see the scientist guy. There was like a big monster in my own mind and I was like "awh man a boss battle cool" but then it was just a cutscene where the scientist took me out of my mind. I've been fucking around in the like camp hub world too.
>>
>>323117476
Play more, man. It's got the best art direction I've ever seen in a game, solid story telling, and it gets way more fun once you get past Mia
>>
File: 1341476400018.gif (791 KB, 250x182) Image search: [Google]
1341476400018.gif
791 KB, 250x182
>>323117220
Pic related you should try it some time
>>
>>323117476
You're still right at the beginning. Keep playing.
Once you get the bouncy ball to bounce around in then the fun begins.
>>
>>323117884
Yeah, it's sort of a shame but by default your jump and run are really garbage. Levitation is basically necessary to make the game "playable". Part of the reason why so many people have trouble in the last level is because suddenly you don't have the levitation that served as your default form of movement for 99% of the game.
>>
File: 9k987253o.jpg (33 KB, 430x320) Image search: [Google]
9k987253o.jpg
33 KB, 430x320
>>323117220
>I let other people affect my opinion on a game

bitch boy
>>
>>323117043
It doesn't get better. If anything, it gets worse. The 'comedy' is extremely lolsorandumb and outdated, the plot is mediocre and predictable and the platforming is finicky at the best of times.

That said, I've beaten the game twice, but I have shit taste.
>>
>>323118097
but you do have levitation don't you?
you even need to use it to float over certain areas
>>
>>323117674
>>323117884
okay my dudes i'll try to play some more, just for you
>>
Honestly it's a great game if you play it before the age of like, 16.
>>
It's a great game. Try not to think of the story as getting in the way of the gameplay, just enjoy the dialogue for its humor
>>
I beat it back around 2 years ago and loved it. Whats your issues with it besides cutscenes? And what area are you at?
>>
>>323118509
Maybe I'm remembering it wrong.
It might actually be because it's a lot of tight rope walking and climbing, jumping over from one side to the other, and the camera does nothing to help you figure out where you are in space. There's a really long rail grinding section as well. A lot of stuff that you do at camp and the first level and then never really comes up again until that last section.
>>
>>323117043
loved psychonauts when i first got it
i still love it

i didnt hear about the psychonauts 2 thing; i feel fucking erect now.

Also, can we get a Psychonauts Movie done by Laika (Paranorman, Coraline) ?

It would look visually amazing as fuck holy shit
>>
>>323118962
The thing that bothered me the most in the last level was the section where you had to protect little Oliander, especially the knife throwers. Fuck up the timing on those even once and you might as well kill yourself.
>>
>>323118632
>enjoy the dialogue for its humor
not sensing much humor so far

>>323118878
Its mostly cutscenes and people always talking. I turned on subtitles because sometimes you can skip dialogue and I figured I could read faster than the voice actors talked, but its more like closed captioning and its really annoying.

Also, is it a bad thing if I play with a gamepad? it seems way more comfortable that way.
>>
>>323119338
It was tough but I think I only lost once or twice. The ascent I had to do like a dozen times and most of those were crossing over the climbing section.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.