[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: Yu & Ai Madobe build a PC.jpg (550 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Yu & Ai Madobe build a PC.jpg
550 KB, 1920x1080
/v/ PC THREAD

In this thread:
>Discuss PC and PC VIDEO GAMES
>Post your build/parts list
>Ask questions about PC no matter how stupid they are

Resources:
PCPartPicker http://pcpartpicker.com/
>Use this to make builds. POST THE PERMALINK. Screenshot also recommended

Logical Increments http://www.logicalincrements.com/#!/
>Cookie cutter all-around builds for certain price ranges
THESE ARE ABSOLUTELY NOT just builds you should copy/paste. DO NOT recommend anyone do this. Asking questions for specific needs is the best

2016 PC Games http://www.pcgamer.com/best-pc-games-2016/

Remember:
Either pirate Windows or buy it from leddit's microsoft software swap board for cheap
>SSD is not a meme. Anyone arguing against them is a retard
>AMD is good. Nvidia is good. There is no single "must-have" card right now. Every one of them has a drawback whether in hardware or enormous price
>>
Do I need an i5 or i7? I want to play csgo and LoL plus regular use
>>
File: untitled.png (63 KB, 1161x757) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
63 KB, 1161x757
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/HTd3rH

Advice please? Is this a good build?
>>
>>323115358
Heeel na
>>
Is "SSD is not a meme" a meme?
>>
>>323114731
Better hold off for an i9.
>>
>>323115358
Swap the seagate for a different brand and you really dont need 16gb of ram for a build in that price range.
>>
>>323115743
No
>>
>>323115743
No but "you absolutely need a SSD" is
>>
>>323115743
The only people disagreeing with the use of SSDs have never owned an SSD being used as a primary drive on their own PC. At very best they tried someone else's computer with an SSD that was running a video game and said "wow it's not running at 5000 FPS" assuming an SSD was to blame somehow.
>>
>>323116070
But you absolutely need one if your budget is over $550 because they are so unbelievably cheap. It's 20x better to get a $50 SSD in your build than go up in CPU speed by 200MHz by getting a slightly better CPU.
>>
Gtx 970 or r9 390?
>>
>>323114220
>Either pirate Windows
>buy it from leddit

Both of these are extremely bad ideas. If you feel the need to run Windows for the limited number of games that require you to use it you should buy it directly from Microsoft. That will allow you to avoid potential legal issues in the future. Then once you have it you should then run it in a virtual machine with a graphics card dedicated to it on top of the Linux OS running on your hardware. That will allow you to bypass any potential security risks or data leakage that can result from the use of Windows.
>>
File: 1434404753495.gif (2 MB, 615x413) Image search: [Google]
1434404753495.gif
2 MB, 615x413
>>323115358
>AMD
>6 cores
ehhh

>16GB RAM
8GB would suffice for that build

>no SSD
have in mind that while SSDs are not necessary, they can bottleneck your entire build
that's the problem I'm having right now

>430W
I'm not sure it will handle everything
unless you're jewing your shekels you can never go wrong with a stronger power supply

>Windows 10 OEM
>10
>OEM
pic related
>>
>>323116967
>Legal issues
>From buying redistributed legit bulk keys
This guy is an idiot. No one listen to anything he says.
>>
>>323117117
OEM keys are only valid used on the hardware from the vendor that key was originally sold to. For home users anything other than the purchase of a legitimate copy of Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft for $199 is legally questionable.
>>
Microcock shill alert
abandon thread.
>>
What 2560x1440 resolution monitor do you guys recommend? I'm thinking about getting the ASUS PG278Q G-Sync one if I can find it for under $600.
>>
File: 1441081407330.gif (3 MB, 280x358) Image search: [Google]
1441081407330.gif
3 MB, 280x358
>>323116967
>>323117117
>>323117490
>not using your based Win7 disc
>>
>>323117072
The 430 watt covers that low of a build, 400 is already playing it safe.

Fucking hate people who buy 1,000 watt power supplies for a build that doesn't break 700.
>>
>>323115358
Its not a bad build for the price and you'd be hard pressed to find a better motherboard/cpu combo for $150, just a few things to keep in mind.
The biggest one is that AM3+ is a dead socket and AMD is releasing AM4 boards in a couple of months. So just keep in mind that while they're cheap there's no real upgrade path.
The second one you're probably already aware of which is that that 6300 is not a 'six core processor' as AMD's marketing department stupidly branded it, rather its a three module part that can handle six threads. Its performance is about what you should expect for the cost.

Changes you should make though:
You absolutely want to buy a third party cooler. You'll need to overclock the CPU and the stock cooler from AMD won't cut it and its loud.
You really don't need 2400 RAM, that would be a good spot to save some money.
If you could find a way to put some more money into the GPU to step up a notch it would probably be worth it.
>>
>>323118096
Do you hate me, anon?
I bought 1000W because I like to swap parts a lot and my build was already ~650W when I bought it.
>>
>>323116573
970, better power efficiency.
>>
>>323118581
Power supplies are one of the most common components to fail, future proofing generally isn't something you should be too concerned about. Though if you have two on hand that work that can be pretty useful.
>>
>>323118581
>>323118850
I mostly just hate my friend who did that, because he "planned" on upgrading his single GTX 770. Hasn't upgraded anything, doesn't overclock, got a cheap 1000 watt instead of the 750 with 80+ gold that was on sale.

I'm shocked it hasn't failed.
>>
>>323117490

I bought OEM Windoze 8.1 and no one seems to give a shit.

Bonus: I didn't have a bunch of shitty bloat installed with my OS.
>>
>>323117490
Reddit keys are NOT OEM keys. Under the system properties the activation status displays whether or not your product key is OEM. I bought one from there and it's not OEM. They are keys bought in bulk that are meant to be used within a certain time period, such as when a business upgrades to a new windows version. These are totally different than keys sold in bulk to Dell or HP.
>>
>>323119732
Is there anything good plebbit has ever done?
Other than some tips on grand strategy games when /gsg/ is busy throwing shit on each other it never delivered anything of value to me.
>>
>>323120306
I don't know. I don't browse that website. The only things I can think of are the software/key market, and the ebook download database.
>>
>>323115743
ssds are great t︂b︂︂h f︂︂a︂m
>>
>>323118096
I just changed from my 5 year old 750w to a modular 1000w power supply, but I also overclock and am planning to do SLI either with another 980ti or whatever Pascal might bring.

It still is a bit of overkill, but eh.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.