[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone have any leaked information on Zelda U?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: 2558028-zelda_002.jpg (342 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2558028-zelda_002.jpg
342 KB, 1920x1080
Does anyone have any leaked information on Zelda U?
>>
i do
>>
Zelda is probably in this game
I don't have footage, or my sanic employee card sorry
>>
My dad is reggie fils-aime, I'm his son, gregory fil-aime. He told me that the new zelda game would have a battle axe that link can use, and he also gets a gun.
>>
really liking that outfit. shame it'll probably force the old tunic/hat on you early on.
>>
>>323113573
maybe not

dun dun dun
>>
Yes. Link is being swapped for Linkle due to popular demand. Puzzles are apparently too hard for some people so they've been taken out. There were a lot of complaints about length from some of the last couple games so there will be a reduced number of dungeons, roughly 2-3.

Navi is back.
Tingle is back.
Epona has been cut. Please understand.

Source: My uncle is Nintendo
>>
>>323112916

Yes, it's NX exclusive.
>>
>>323116058
only retards think this
>>
>>323113023
Well, show it
>>
File: sheikah.png (2 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
sheikah.png
2 MB, 1680x1050
>>323116809
that book will be the core gameplay mechanic. Your gamepad will function as the book.
>>
>>323117121

Legit believable, and I'd be fine with it.

Go on

Be creative
>>
It's seems that a promotionnal video got leaked
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaVXswZIBDQ&app=desktop
Here's the vid in question :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_B5_26gh9miYWVnd0tRblNybzQ/view
>>
>>323119086
What could this video mean, if it were a true commercial?
>>
>>323119638
Don't know, maybe a zelda for everyone ?
Or maybe character creation/Linkle in the game ?
>>
>>323119086
>>323119638
That girl's gonna grow up to suck a mean dick
>>
File: Zelda Unicorn Throne.png (166 KB, 1316x370) Image search: [Google]
Zelda Unicorn Throne.png
166 KB, 1316x370
>>323117825
>>
The game will have multiple endings like Nier It's also co-directed by Hideo Kojima and platinum is helping with gameplay Aounuma is not actually the director but the producer.The real director is a mystery.
>>
>>323117121
It serves as your map/inventory/journal/and spell book.

As a map, it allows you to fast travel after a certain point. This helps get around the overworld, which is pretty big.

As the inventory it lets you monitor what you have at any given time and switch out certain gear as needed. The game will have a very basic crafting mechanic, mostly tying in with arrows and the instrument (a guitar) that you'll use. The arrows come in Bomb, Fire, and Ice varieties. The guitar holds a series of gems which you can switch out to get different effects, from changing time, to causing hearts to appear, and controling certain animals in the environment. Of course it also calls Epona.

As a journal, the book serves as your "navi" for the game. Thankfully, it doesn't talk, instead leaving you notes in the journal, and allowing you to jot down field notes. Some of these notes can be tied to the map, so if you bump across a suspicious wall before you get bombs, you'll be able to mark its location on the map and leave a note. It will also keep track of progress for side missions and character relationships, as there will be many villages and camps spread out throughout the game, and tuns of side distractions and mini-games to partake in at your leisure.

As a spell book, it looks like an empty page. As you earn spells, you'll be able to draw runes (using your finger or a stylus) on the blank page to use a spell. So Faore's Wind, which launches a whirlwind straight forward that stuns enemies and activates certain switches is a spiral. Din's Flame is a series of circles that triggers an AoE attack, and something humorous occurs when you make the triforce.

Ganon is ultimately the end boss, but he won't be your primary antagonist. For most of the game, you'll be dealing with someone trying to raise Ganon and continue the cycle, believing they will be rewarded for doing so.
>>
>>323113820
maybe you get to choose.
>>
>>323120867
you don't actually play as link
>>
>>323120739
sounds like they want the chalice dungeon and souls audience
>>
File: 1384538140115.jpg (161 KB, 620x894) Image search: [Google]
1384538140115.jpg
161 KB, 620x894
>>323121019
>AoE
what is this?
>Ganon is end boss
Nah. They've said Zelda may not be a princess in this game, but have been pretty mum about Ganondorf. He's one of the icons in the series. They openly disclosed he was the Emperor to Zant a year before Twilight Princess came out, and that Skyward Sword was his backstory. He's the Bowser of Zelda and a selling point by now. If he's in it, Nintendo would have said.

The villain is probably going to be a Sheikah or Ghirahim/Agahnim reincarnated. We didn't see him die in Skyward Sword (unless he did when Demise choked because he fused with him).
>>
Remember that dilapidated radio tower in the footage from the Game Awards?

This is the 'earliest' Zelda game set soon after the goddess technology has fallen into disrepair.
Emphasis on salvaging old technology/upgrading link's equipment like the arrow he shot.
Link will get a motorcycle.
You fight mostly ancient war machines.
>>
>>323122425
Nice theory mate, but I can't say I believe you.

And that was a lookout tower similar to Kakariko Villages.

There are lookouts all over Hyrule don't you remember?

>Zora's Fountain giant secret cliff.
>Lon Lon Ranch graint tower
>Lake Hylia tower to spy on Gerudo's movements
>>
>>323122096
Ghirahim shatters when you beat Demise. They didn't fuse, Ghirahim is his sword.
>>
>>323119086
what? there is nothing of interest there
>>
>>323120739
Yeah, I was in that thread. It was all a load of horseshit
>>
>>323122096
Agahnim is Ganon's alter ego. Ganon has yet to even be created so why would Agahnim show up?
>>
I've got some sick leaks coming right up

>Opening is like, an hour long and mostly tutorials before the game truly starts
>You first go through three dungeons to collect magic doodads, and then 3-5 more dungeons after that to collect more doodads of a different nature
>There's a bad guy who's working for another bad guy that doesn't reveal themselves until the late game
>Zelda helps you out at some key moments but then gets kidnapped towards the end
>>
>>323122096
AoE means Area of Effect. It's an attack that hits a wide area. You might equate it to the Spin Attack, or bombs detonating.

As far as Ganon(dorf) goes, these are made up leaks, and like you said "Ganon is the Bowser of Zelda and a selling point by now." He'll be in it, he just won't be center stage until the very end.
>>
>>323123047
>And that was a lookout tower similar to Kakariko Villages.
It was clearly a radio tower.
>>
>>323123283
The "only on wii u" thing.
It's obsiously related to a game aspect
>>
Not a leak, but I had a dream about Zelda U a while back.

-Link wears armor similar to the robot in the trailer. His sword is styled the same as well.
-There is a forward backflip slash you can do. Yes, this is how I saw it. You can keep doing it continuously.

-One item looked like a vacuum. It may be gust related. There’s also a full button on it. Why? Explained later on.

-The enemies I saw were similar to Jabba the Hut. The weak spot is their rears but you can attack the front as well. However, they shoot a weird bubble from their backs. Some of them have a bubble around them. If they touch you, you get cursed. 1/2
>>
>>323126247
-This also surprised me. When you got cursed, your body shone blue, yellow and pink. You either couldn’t wield a weapon, your hearts would shine with your body or you had a time limit. I was running out of the dungeon and I saw my hearts were pulsating and I had a time limit. I took a red potion and it only healed four hearts. I died when time was up but I was back where I last came in, like when you fall down an abyss or fail a puzzle.

-Going back to the vaccum, there were two bottles filled with yellow stuff, one half full. I thought it was a potion but then I realized it may be oil. You may need to use oil to power up your vacuum or even your weapons and armor. I saw I had a blue potion as well, which cures curses.

-The dungeon was fire-based and one room was to be covered in lava. You had to move to the other side fast. One area in that room had water and two big keys in it. A chest also popped up when the lava emerged at a certain point. You had to grab the chest before it got covered in the lava. Amongst the keys were the Kokiri Emerald, the Goron’s Ruby and the Zora’s Sapphire. Again, all a dream.

-You could swim underwater in said area. If the lava hardened under you, you could take a path leading to another room. You could repeat that room as many times as you wanted, likely for the chest and the Spiritual Stones. When you went in the water, your armor shrunk into your shield.
>>
Nintendo employee here, I can confirmed that the next Zelda game is a Zelda game.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.