[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This scene will probably be cut from the remake. How does this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
File: cidhelp.png (177 KB, 1265x524) Image search: [Google]
cidhelp.png
177 KB, 1265x524
This scene will probably be cut from the remake. How does this make you feel?
>>
File: jenova.png (308 KB, 1099x487) Image search: [Google]
jenova.png
308 KB, 1099x487
Also, when did you first realize that it was Jenova shapeshifting to take the form of Sephiroth the whole time and not actually Sephiroth?

For me it was this part right here.
>>
>>323107376
>Implying Sephiroth isn't putting his mind power to control Jenova, not vice-versa

Replay the game, cunt.
>>
>>323107096
I beat the game yesterday and I don't remember this scene
>>
>>323107729
>implying Sephiroth hasn't been trying to enact Jenova's will and legacy the entire time after coming to the realization that he and Jenova have become one and the same

Sephiroth is controlling the Jenova cells, yes, but he is essentially just doing what Jenova came to the planet to do in the first place. He was a pawn of Jenova the entire time.
>>
>>323108215
>but he is essentially just doing what Jenova came to the planet to do in the first place
No. Jenova roamed planets and destroyed life on them purely because it was in her parasitic nature. Sephiroth designed a plan to harvest the planet's energy to become a literal God.

>He was a pawn of Jenova the entire time
Nope. Even the devs confirmed the exact opposite.
>>
>>323108575
Jenova roamed planets and destroyed the life on them because it was her nature, yes. She did this by absorbing the planets' energy. Sephiroth was going to do the exact same thing. If Sephiroth had never been injected with Jenova cells, the same shit still would have happened, just without Sephiroth. The Jenova cells still would have used the strongest host they had as a focal point for the Reunion to recombine and try to absorb the planet's energy.

A willing pawn doing it of their own volition is still a pawn.
>>
>>323108967
>She did this by absorbing the planets' energy
Citation needed. It is only implied that she was cleansing the planets via genocide and deceit, as it was the case with Ancients. On another note, if she was absorbing the planet's energy, how come she isn't in possession of Godlike powers?

>If Sephiroth had never been injected with Jenova cells, the same shit still would have happened, just without Sephiroth.

No. You should read the guides. Via his power of will and determination to survive, Sephiroth wasn't disintegrated when he fell into the lifestream. Instead, he journeyed through it for years and eventually learned all the planet's secrets - how to absorb the planet's energy and reach Godhood included.

It is furthermore evident that Jenova was being a puppet who served a temporary purpose, while Sephiroth was reforming his original body in the Northern Crater.
>>
>>323108215
Not a pawn.
But he got corrupted by Jenova's "ideas".
Jenova itself is basically a vegetable in the game after being frozen for 2000 years.
>>
>>323107376
Is that what that was supposed to represent?

I never understood those weird scenes with Sephiroth
>>
>>323107096
It is barely in the original as it is - the zoomed out camera was done on purpose so you couldn't really tell what Cloud was doing.

Cry about something else.
>>
>>323109812
Pretty sure it's stated during the game in reports that she destroys planets. How would she do this in the Final Fantasy VII universe? Drain the planets' energy. And I would say that being able to travel through space to kill various planets is a pretty "godlike" power.

He wasn't reforming his body in the Northern Crater. His entire body was already there. He was calling the rest of Jenova to come form with him, as he was the primary host for Jenova. He and Jenova were essentially the same mind and consciousness.
>>
Why would they remove one of the most important scenes in the game?
It's several fucking parts. There's no way it's one part=one disc, either, since only the final dungeon was on disc 3.
Stop being a faggot.
>>
>>323108967
Hojo: "I thought the clones would begin to gather at Midgar where Jenova is stored. But my predictions were not entirely correct. Jenova itself began to move away from the Shinra Building."

Hojo: "But being a genius that I am, I soon figured it out. You see it was all Sephiroth's doing. Sephiroth is not just content to diffuse his will into the Lifestream; he wants to maniplate the Clones himself."

Cloud: "Yes, that was how it got started."

Hojo: "I wondered where the clones were going, but I was never able to figure it out."

Cloud: "I couldn't figure it out, either."

Hojo: "The one thing that I did know was that Sephiroth was at their final destinations."

Cloud: "I wasn't pursuing Sephiroth. I was being summoned by Sephiroth. All the anger and hatred I bore him made it impossible for me to ever forget him. That and what he gave me."
>>
>>323110652
They're probably going to censor a lot of the scenes in the game.

For example, do you really think they're going to keep Cid's "abuse" of Shera in the game?
>>
>>323108575
So Jenova is basically Lavos?
>>
>>323110902
Pretty much.
>>
>>323110876
Yes. He won't have any character development without it.
Didn't they say each part was going to be as long as the base game? What the fuck are they going to fill it up with?
They're Japs. The only "censorship" will be a more accurate translation. Barret probably won't talk like a Mark Twain nigger, and Cid will have a less flavorful manner of speech.
>>
>>323111115
They're going to fill it up with nonsense related to the spinoffs and whatnot, I'm sure.
>>
File: 25242.jpg (74 KB, 640x448) Image search: [Google]
25242.jpg
74 KB, 640x448
>>323110473
She does -destroy- planets, I was not disputing that. What I am disputing is whether she -absorbs- planet energy, for which you have no basis in guide or game material whatsoever. It's logic conclusion, that she "kills" planets by ending life on them, so the lifestream can't circulate properly and thus leaves the planet, leaving it as a desolate vessel for her to ride. If she were of God-tier powers, she'd probably handle Cetra head-on, not via elaborate deceit.

>He wasn't reforming his body in the Northern Crater. His entire body was already there.

Notice how the half is missing. His entire body was NOT there.
>>
>>323107096
I don't remember from just this snippet. What the hell is Cloud doing?
>>
>>323111510
Beating the shit out of her unconscious body.
>>
File: FF7 remake timeline.jpg (220 KB, 700x1162) Image search: [Google]
FF7 remake timeline.jpg
220 KB, 700x1162
>>
>>323111475
>If she were of God-tier powers, she'd probably handle Cetra head-on, not via elaborate deceit.

Unless she uses up her energy traveling through space. It's pretty clear from statements in the game regarding Shinra's use of Mako that it's a non-renewable energy source.
>>
>>323111712
Damn thats accurate
>>
>>323108215
Sephiroth only went mad after learning the truth.
>>
File: 1251451.jpg (22 KB, 348x266) Image search: [Google]
1251451.jpg
22 KB, 348x266
>>323111859
We're entering field of speculation which is not relevant to the argument at hand. The burden of proof is upon you, to prove that Jenova was capable of / was absorbing powers of the planets she put an end to.

Returning to the issue of puppet and puppeteer, I don't even need to debate it further ; FF VII Ultimania is a credible source which clearly states that Sephiroth retained his individuality and is a "master schemer" of the entire thing.
>>
>>323111475
>If she were of God-tier powers, she'd probably handle Cetra head-on, not via elaborate deceit.
Jenova is just some dumb parasite. It doesn't think of it's own. The only "thoughts" it has are actually the thoughts of the peoples consciousness she invades.
Her only purpose is to devour (presumably the lifestream).
After that's done there's nothing left on the planet, so it's "thoughts" cease. Now it's simply sitting on an empty husk of a planet, waiting for hundreds to thousands of years until the damn thing decides to hit another planet. Jenova itself isn't "piloting" the planet or some shit.
So it devours a planet, and then all the "nutrients" (the lifeforce) gradually gets "digested" until it hits another planet.

Sephiroth would gain godlike powers because he has a consciousness on his own, he could focus the raw lifeforce power. Jenova can't do that. It's just food to it.
>>
File: 1452016929111.png (296 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
1452016929111.png
296 KB, 649x649
>>323112717
>trying to make sense of this nonsense story
>>
>>323112717
stick to sonic fanfic
>>
>>323107096
Was he really beating up Aeris? I always think that he was just bashing the ground with his hands or something.
>>
File: cloudpls.png (272 KB, 1274x735) Image search: [Google]
cloudpls.png
272 KB, 1274x735
>>323112896
He definitely tackled her and started beating the shit out of her.
>>
>>323112717
>Jenova is just some dumb parasite. It doesn't think of it's own
You might as well write up a full fanfic since you've started with this nonsense. Ingame material offers a completely contradicting input, by describing Jenova as thoroughly wicked and devious. Your notion of her being mindless has no basis in anything.
>>
>>323112883
Jenova being a parasite without conciousness is canon though, faggot.

The latter part is an interpretation of mine, true. But one in line with what the game tells us considering finding the truth about Jenova is what propels Sephiroth to devour the lifestream.
>>
>>323112896
why would the other characters react like that and knock him out to make him stop then? he's beating her.
>>
>>323107376
Two play throughs and a long youtube video. I love FF7 but the translation was far from perfect.
>>
>>323113161
>but that's just a theory, a GAME THEORY
no, i won't subscribe to your shit channel
>>
>>323113204
What is the context? I haven't played the game in years.
>>
>>323113085
>be Cid
>just helped this punk kid and his girlfriend get through some weird ass temple to get some materia, only to have it implode
>enjoying a cigarette afterward while the punk kid and girl climb down to grab the materia
>next thing I know, this kid is beating the living fuck out of the girl
>dumbass giant toy mk.II shows up at literally the worst time
>gotta get my ass down there and knock the kid out before he kills the girl
>why did I even join up for this bullshit? I could be at home having tea and a smoke
>I'm getting too old for this shit

Danny Glover better voice Cid in the english dub of the remake.
>>
>Jenova eats lifeforce
>Sephiroth is a pawn
>Sephiroth summons Meteo to crash into planet to do two things
>Make the planet a planetary space craft
>Summon the Lifestream
Am I missing something, I thought this was the point of the latter part of the game?
>>
File: laughingwhores.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
laughingwhores.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>323113161
>Jenova being a parasite without conciousness is canon though
>I-It's canon in my head!11
>>
>>323114074
i havent played it for years, but i think when he took jenova's head the tables turned

he was the one in control from there on
>>
I'm more concerned it'll probably be split into three+ parts.
>>
>>323107096
It won't be.
>>
>>323111712
kek
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.