[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't beat Ornstein and Smough.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: 1798293874652.jpg (100 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1798293874652.jpg
100 KB, 600x338
I can't beat Ornstein and Smough.
>>
git gud
>>
>>323102165
summon then you try hard

no ones gonna know, except for the two people that helped you...
>>
play defensively
>>
>>323102589

actually I wouldn't summon if I were you. solaire usually ends up getting obliterated and the enemies will actually be harder to beat.
>>
>>323102589
Bitch nigga, don't tell him to summon straight away. OP summoning is fine, but it's like admitting you're a big pussy with no determination or power of will. Keep trying, you'll figure them out. Kill Ornstein first if you want an easier time in latter part of the fight.
>>
>>323102165
which region?
>>
>>323102165
More like Wojak and Pepe amirrite?
>>
>>323102886
I think he meant summon a real person, in which case the fight becomes a joke. Summoning real players is essentially playing the game on easy mode.
>>
>>323102886
>solaire usually ends up getting obliterated
he distracts one them which lets you take out the other
>>
What is your weapon OP? What about your armor and general stats? That can make a big difference.
>>
>>323102987

OP here

I know that killing Ornstein first would probably make it easier but I really want to fight him all alone without Smough getting in the way.
>>
>>323103242
the bosses have more hp when you summon and solaire will be dead or very close to dead by the time you get to their second form.
>>
File: 1389065480166.jpg (19 KB, 251x240) Image search: [Google]
1389065480166.jpg
19 KB, 251x240
>>323102165
>Mfw I kited them with nothing but a heavy crossbow

It was a long, intense battle, but eventually my cunning and endurance won over.
>>
File: latest.jpg (44 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
44 KB, 620x349
DaS help thread?

I can't beat the hydra
>>
Kill Ornstein first. Use the pillars to your advantage. Smough is slow as hell, so bait his attacks, hit him, run behind the pillar. Rinse repeat.
>>
>>323103538
Solaire only needs to survive the first phase anyway.
>>
>>323103594

you got the ring that lets you run through the water faster right?
>>
>>323102987
>killing ornstein makes it easier
maybe its' just me, but even when I was new at the game super smough was harder just because of the giant electric buttslam
>>
Walk backwards counter-clockwise around the arena, and stay locked on to Ornstein.

He'll do that faggot glide attack, which is your chance to hit him once or twice, and then continue walking backwards.

WORKS EVERY TIME.

Just be aware of the walls.
>>
>>323103562
>cunning
the term is "conniving"

wretch
>>
>>323102165
Put distance between them. Ornstein will dash to you, if you dodge it it leaves him open to two or three good hits. Keep sprinting across the room until Ornstein dead.

Then if you can't handle fatty I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>323103043

US but I'm trying my hardest not summon human players for my first playthrough

>>323103328

Rolling with the Black Knight Sword and the Stone Armor Set. I've been leveling mostly endurance, strength, and vitality so far. Perhaps I should go for something that will make me lighter for easier rolls.
>>
are the DaS 2 PC servers down for anyone else? Load it up in Steam real quick.

I wanna continue my paladin run with help from some sunbros.
>>
>>323103734
Smough is easier to predict and thus avoid. Honestly though, once there's only one left, even in their super saiyan form, the fight becomes a bit of a cake. I don't remember ever dying during that part of the fight.
>>
File: 1450471309374.jpg (67 KB, 564x468) Image search: [Google]
1450471309374.jpg
67 KB, 564x468
>>323103937
>Black Knight Sword and the Stone Armor Set
>>
>>323103937
Get the Black Knight Halberd and only focus on one of them at a time. Also shed that armor, you need to be able to roll and be fast on your feet
>>
>>323104018
Giant Orney can be a faggot sometimes. Electric Smough is a cakewalk though.
>>
>>323103937
are you midrolling or fatrolling
fatrolling is a big nono, but stone should be enough armor for midroll in ng
>>
>>323103594

They're really easy to defeat, especially if you got back to the undead asylum to fetch the rusted iron ring that lets your walk normally in water.

Just equip a 100% physical shield and get up close to force them to use their physical attack. Tank it and while it's got its heads into the sand hack at one of its necks. Repeat.

Be careful not to fall in deep water though, it can be a bit tricky to see where it starts.
>>
>>323103594
Stand on the corpse with the item, and hold up a 100% physical shield. That's literally it.
>>
>playing BB
>decide to see if co-op amelia is any different
>ring me bell
>wait
>xxxxxxxxxx joins
>in new player gear
>"wave" emotes for a while
>okletsdothis
>run into the big bad bitch
>cling to her ass and start beating off
>see other guy wavering at a distance
>finally decides to engage
>see him run over
>I roll backwards by mistake
>amelia immediately turns on other guy
>1 hits him with fist clench range attack

rip in peace dude, hope you beat her someday.
>>
>>323103453
Play Dark Souls 2 then if you want a fight with Ornstein by himself.
>>
File: ornstein and smough.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
ornstein and smough.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>323103138
>>
>>323103594
Use a heavy Bow and take the fight slow and steady. The further away you are the better, in my experience. Or just steamroll it lategame when you're much stronger.
>>
File: FairLady.jpg (182 KB, 495x700) Image search: [Google]
FairLady.jpg
182 KB, 495x700
>>323102165
If it's your first run through Dark Souls, then kill Smough first so you can fight Super Ornstein and get the Leo Ring for defeating him. Make sure to bring Solaire in with you, and focus with killing Smough as fast as possible. With Super Ornstein, just try your best to learn his patterns, then strike when he's open. Watch out when he does his electrical ass slam by keeping your distance. That is his most deadly move, and I think you cannot block it. With practice comes perseverance! Stay strong, comrade.

>>323103594
Hydra is much easier than you think (from what I remember). Did you get the Knight Armor near the Hydra that's in the water? Stand right the armor is and keep your shield up. The hydra will try to melee attack you. Once they strike, just swing your weapon around and hit their necks. Rinse and repeat till there's one or two heads left, then you have to chase after those suckers.
>>
>>323103937
>Stone Armor
Are you fatrolling (making an audible THUD when you hit the ground)? For O&S you want to be mid-rolling at least, if not fast rolling. Those i-frames will save you.

BKS is a pretty great sword, slow but with a lot of power. What level is it? If it's +5 you should be able to kill Smough in like five hits.
>>
>>323104465
That man is an IMPOSTER and a FIEND!
>>
File: Goldar.jpg (41 KB, 680x558) Image search: [Google]
Goldar.jpg
41 KB, 680x558
I killed Smough first because I wanted Ornstein's armor because it looked like Goldar.
>>
>>323103594
I'm going through Bloodborne for the first time and haven't beaten Gascoigne or the Cleric Beast yet.

I can probably do it on my own eventually, but it'd be nice to have an idea of whether there's some important tactic I'm missing.
>>
>>323104530
>Jack and the giant peach
It's James.
>>
>>323105175

> Not playing blind

Scrub.
>>
>>323104179
>>323104658
>>323104074
>>323104027

I didn't even know that fatrolling was a thing. I've been doing it all this time, too. Also, I should upgrade the sword sometime soon but I just acquired the stats to use it effectively.

I thought I was being clever earlier by waiting until Sif to get the Drake Sword. Fuck me sideways
>>
>>323105404
I did for everything else. I hate when people spoil monster designs and shit. I actually go out of my way not to watch reviews because of it. I only knew because my brother told me right before the boss fight.
>>
>>323105770

Okay, I'll forgive you this time.
>>
Lightning spear Smough to death and then bait Super Ornstein into long sweeping attacks with his spear and hit him after he misses.
>>
>>323105221
What are you trying on Gascoigne and the Cleric Beast?
>>
>>323105608
Naw man, upgrade that shit. asap, Black Knight weapons don't have the best scaling, but their power goes through the roof when upgraded.

And Drake Sword is worthless, it has no scaling and its power drops drastically past Blighttown. The only dragon weapons worth a shit are Dragon Tooth, Dragon Greatsword, and MAYBE Dragonking Greataxe for its R2 attack. Never tried obsidian greatsword but that's DLC only.

It's kind of cheap, but the Zweihander found in Firelink Shrine is capable of stunlocking Smough with its R2 attack.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.