[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What were you doing when based Denuvo saved PC gaming?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: nomorepiracy.png (373 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
nomorepiracy.png
373 KB, 1080x1920
>Dev getting paid for their work and not getting their shit stolen

feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
JUST
>>
File: 1446443325334.png (115 KB, 714x375) Image search: [Google]
1446443325334.png
115 KB, 714x375
>this thread again

heh

> actual devs getting paid

ahaha

>and not just shitty publishers

EHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>fucking over the customer saves pc gaming

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAhAHAHA!
>>
>>323094948
but i just won't buy them anyways.
>>
ROFL

until it actually happens, no quote will ever be of any worth.

Cracks will ALWAYS exist
>>
Just cause 3 is a perfect example of a game that I will never play unless I pirated it. I don't care if denuvo makes all games immune to piracy. I'll just pay for the games that I actually want to support like usual.
>>
i pirate everything that includes a SEASON PASS and if i cant pirate it i dont bother
>>
>>323094948

>implying the chinks weren't just paid off to leave it alone

Don't worry, the good old days will soon be back and we won't have to pirate games with shitty infected cracks from a bunch of sweaty chinamen anymore, I say good riddance.
>>
>>323094948
>1997
>securom is unbreakable, piracy is done for!!
>2001
>starforce is unbreakable, piracy is done for!!!!!111
>2004
>steam is unbreakable, piracy is done for!!!!
>2015
>denuvo is unbreakable, piracy is done for!!!!!111

OH NO!!!!!
>>
>>323094948
its gonna be cracked
>>
>>323094948
Stop making this shit thread OP, there will always be cracks for games it's inevitable.
>>
Why are Denuvo shills a thing?
>>
>>323094948
It still amazes me that people are happy or even excited about the fact that pirated games "might" be done for. Atleast you'll be able to pay full price to try a game you may not like.
>>
Even if piracy is made technologically impossible (which could happen) I think publishers are going to be disappointed by how little impact that has on sales.
>>
>>323100729
they could take solace in the fact that they aren't getting cucked by neets anymore.
>>
>>323094948
the same thing i was doing when based Star Force and based SecuROM were saving pc gaming

pirating so i get the game for free without having fuck up my hdd or cd drives
>>
>>323101058
Probably for the best since I wouldn't play videogames anymore
>>
In fact it's harming PC gaming.

Denuvo fucks up optimisation and performance.
People mass refund said games
Ala Batman
Other games have been released with shit performance like Just Cause 3

Also the fact that all these games would sell way over a million on PC.

Yet not even one has done this.
None have made it to 500k.
Developers are shooting themselves in the foot by using this DRM.

There are other better methods that would be so much less convoluted.
>>
God bless denuvo for protecting you guys from jc3. It's been over a month and it still runs like shit, maybe the only chance you've got is having 16+ gb ram to handle the bloated piece of shit and even then some people get issues.

And then they tell us it's not even as good as 2! What a colossal fuck up.
>>
File: 1397935408902.png (192 KB, 335x315) Image search: [Google]
1397935408902.png
192 KB, 335x315
>>323094948
Time to stop relying on the Chinese.
>>
What exactly makes Denuvo so efficient? Before the only stuff that was "uncrackable" was always online DRM.
>>
How is the Diablo 3 crack coming pirate friends :^)
>>
>X is uncrackable!

New to the internet huh?
>>
>>323101783
Basically it re-writes the .exe every few minutes.
>>
>implying an autistic savant won't come along and save us all
>>
>>323101889
so just find a way to stop it from needing to do that?
>>
>>323101649
it's unfortunate, considering jc3 is fun as hell
i have to run it at bare minimum settings at 640x480 for playable performance

the minimum specs are kind of ridiculous
>>
>>323101826
>Diablo 3
I actually paid for that shit. No amount of self-delusion made it enjoyable.
>>
>>323101649
>Denuvo fucks up optimisation and performance.

You mean Metal Gear Solid 5?
>>
>Open world with fuck all to do in it
>Runs buttery smooth

ayyyy lmao
>>
>>323102819
>>323102742
>>
>>323101058
T H I S
H
I
S
>>
>>323096234
i'm sure you'll be on here shitposting about them though
>>
Thank god. PC gaming is saved.
>>
I've honestly only ever pirated a few games and they all wind up being games I purchase the real version of. Like I remember pirating Skyrim and CS Source back in the day for example.

The only reason I did it for Skyrim was because I planned on going and buying the PS3 version a week or so after it came out and we got hit with a fuck ass blizzard right after I had gotten off work. I snagged it online and it ran fairly on my laptop so I played it for three days until the roads got better (My apartment was way out in fuck ass nowhere) I went in and snagged it at gamestop, never opened the pirated copy again and the harddrive eventually fried later anyways.

With CS Source I had originally purchased it on steam back in, hell, 2005 maybe? Never had a good computer in the house but my friends brothers had all the shit and let us use from time to time. So naturally, being a retarded 7th grader and not knowing the password to some email I made in 2003, lost the account. After high school the guy I moved in with had a sweet rig and I wanted to play CS. So I snagged it on PB Im pretty sure? But I eventually got like, both left 4 deads on disc as gifts so I wound up making a new steam and buying CS Source a second time anyways.

If a game is good, I have no problem at all giving money for it. I guess it was more of a "I'm going to play these games and nothing is going to stop me" deal, with the end goal always being to have a purchased copy of the game.

Once they have a way of massively blocking piracy for other media, then I'll have a small concern.
>>
File: 1451769864198.png (97 KB, 436x490) Image search: [Google]
1451769864198.png
97 KB, 436x490
>>323101723
>Chinese government demands that all software published in the country have a backdoor for "security" reasons
>Gamers get spied on
>Crackers abuse it and release piracy edition without spyware
>Chinese gov doesn't give a fuck since it cucks western companies for the benefit of their own ppl

its bound to happen
>>
File: Trust me with your computer.jpg (45 KB, 262x453) Image search: [Google]
Trust me with your computer.jpg
45 KB, 262x453
>>323094948
>Trusting Chinese
>>
>>323102230
I bargain binned it at walmart last year. Took it home, played a little bit, put it back in its case and dropped it right back off in the bargain bin. I didn't even bother returning it for store credit or any of that bullshit. That thing belonged back in that bin and I was a damn fool for trying to take it from that.
>>
>>323104363
>things that never happened
>>
Saved as in keeping the industry on life-support even though it's essentially a vegetable?
>>
>>323100729
What if it proves them right, where a good amount of those "I wouldn't buy it anyway" niggers end up doing so?
>>
Well, what's going to happen is when things become uncrackable and sell like shit, will publishers finally get their head out of their ass? Probly not. They'll still blame pirates...
>>
>>323101649
Yeah, there used to be good DRM that was actually kinda funny.

Now it's all brick your machine while running the game DRM.

But only if you paid for it.
>>
>>323094948
If this happens I'll have an excuse to never bother upgrading my PC and instead buying another CFWed PS4. If anything this will cause me to pirate more games.
>>
>>323105021
Why would we tho?

Games are being butchered. Just look at that hot trash called Star wars Battlefront.

Remember when that was amazing?

Truth be told I only pirate from publishers I don't like.

Lucky for me there hasn't been anything to pirate in quite a while.
>>
>this thread again
OP now I just feel sorry for you and the empty life you lead. Your parents must be proud
>>
Name one well sold Denuvo game?

Protip: there are none
>>
>>323106495
MGSV.
>>
>>323106495
you ready to look like the complete retard that you are? Here we go kiddo!

Metal Gear Solid V
>>
>>323104735
Contrary to popular belief, some people actually go outside. I dig if thats too hard for you to believe.
>>
It's going to be cracked, I guarantee it. DRM only hurts the consumer, the scene groups WILL find a way.
>>
>>323101649

It has nothing to do with Denuvo you cuck.

It's a coincidence that a lot of games that were lazy cash crabs used Denuvo.

Mad Max, made by the team that did Just Cause 2, uses Denuvos; run's fucking great.

Just Cause 3, made by the B Team, runs like shit, happens to use Denuvo.

Arkham Knight, a rushed outsource port that was made in less than a month. Happens to use Denuvo.

Metal Gear Solid 5, a well optimised port that performs incredibly well and scales for a range of hardware configuration. Happens to use Denuvo.

Lord of the Fallen, a shitty Souls cash-in by talentless polacks, happens to use Denuvo.

Denuvo is correlated with greedy publishers, not necessarily poor performance.
>>
>>323108820
>Denuvo is correlated with greedy publishers, not necessarily poor performance.
And yet pirated copies of all those games run better. I wonder why.
>>
>>323110184

Do you have a single fact to back that up?
>>
>>323110396
Have you played them without Denuvo?

Pretty easy to see if you just play it.
>>
>>323110396
Go try one. Benchmark sites can't post them without getting sued. You won't believe anything from me. Go test it yourself.
>>
>>323110593
>>323110756

I've tried both versions of Mad Max, Arkham Knight and MGS5 with no difference.
>>
>>323111260
Sure you have Gaben.
>>
>>323094948
>Implying anyone will buy Denuvo games after Batman and JC3.
It's Gameworks 2.0
>>
Post the 3DM girl bro.
>>
>>323095475
>not being able to literally steal somehow means the customer is getting fucked over

The PC master race, everyone.
>>
>>323111735
>implying not having an alternative to steam is helping the consumer
>>
>>323111572
so, no, no actual verifiable facts

i mean, right here, right now, you could get any fps tracking tool, and run both and post it, 5 mins tops. and in the entire 2 years its been done, not a single /v/ user has even bothered.

and im supposed to believe...you.
>>
>>323112092
That would require me to buy shitty games, why the fuck would I do that? You can prove it to yourself or fuck off.
>>
>>323112092
hell, not even /v/. some dodgy russian site, anyone, anything, anywhere. in places that those companies have no legal jurisdiction. worldwide, for 2 years.

no one.
>>
>>323094948
this has got to be at least the fifth time today. EA/Ubi go home
>>
>>323112242
>Have you played them without Denuvo?
>Pretty easy to see if you just play it.

oh, so you didnt see, but you did see. interesting. you could tell the difference despite not actually, having them side by side. tell me more.

right now there are two posters. one says there is, one says there isnt. and one of them is now saying they didnt even have both, but hes more trust worthy.

hmmmmmmmmm
>>
File: 9861986542652.png (128 KB, 369x489) Image search: [Google]
9861986542652.png
128 KB, 369x489
>>323094948
As long as hackerz can control computers on Earth there will be cracks. It's the nature of the fucking machine.
>>
>>323112397
>what are benchmarks
>>
File: 1351950218201.jpg (6 KB, 251x241) Image search: [Google]
1351950218201.jpg
6 KB, 251x241
>all these poorfag fucking NEETS claiming they'll boycott gaming if they can't steal products anymore

Lel, stay mad and cucked forever.
>>
>>323112242
here we go, with some LE REDDIT posts showing they dont.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/2mtxub/denuvo_drm_does_not_destroy_or_damage_ssds_proof/
now, get the LE HUE REDDIT out of your system and remind yourself that thats...5 cases proving it a no, versus your, well, you just admitted you didnt actually compare it, so nothing`s nothing.

listen, how many posts do we gotta do this until you just run off in a huff saying "i dont need to prove shit". weve done this already. the closest ive ever seen anyone ever get to actual evidence was a developer said it on a stream.

wanna know how that trail of evidence ended? no video of it exists. and the only comments about it, are just "i seent it"
>>
>>323094948
so when games get shitty sales they cant blame pirates now?
>>
>>323112814
>linking Reddit as a source

Fuck, might as well use Wikipedia and a file on your own C:// drive while you're at it.
>>
>>323112649
im assuming you ment "where", not what

so, where are they? id love to see them. a single one. by a single person. in the past 730 days. tell me, who told YOU first that there was an issue with denuvo and ssds. some guy on 4chan?
>>
>>323112548
DRM will continue to get more advanced.

People will crack Denuvo years after it is cutting edge, and years after the games that use it are worth playing.
>>
>>323112735

I pretty much only buy indie shit at this point. so I don't actually care. Any AAA shit that interests me I'll just wait till it's under 20 bucks.
>>
>>323112814
>linking reddit claiming it doesn't affect SSDs as the source that it doesn't cause framerate loss
OK anon, you're totally right. Continue that shilling.
>>
File: 1287361499870.png (21 KB, 458x782) Image search: [Google]
1287361499870.png
21 KB, 458x782
>>323094948
What is the end result?
In what way does a corporation ending "los...
Wait, need more
"""""""""""""lost sales"""""""""""""
benefit you personally? Do you believe that more games will be ported to the PC? Do you believe that better games will come out?
>>
>can't pirate shitty AAA cashgrabs made by lazy, inept, talentless, hack developers & shit-tier publishers

hopefully this manages to just further drive Ubishit and EA out of the vidya scene since nobody will buy their shit games on "good faith" (that they'll be anything besides buttfucked)
>>
>>323113020
as predicted. 5/0. obviously, this is so well known and easily disputed, someone must of...right?

you are aware that the intial, first big post about denuvo doing this was...a reddit post. i tried looking up the history and it goes to there. so if you consider reddit not verifiable or useful, then, the original claim that denuvo kills ssd`s, well...whoopsy.
>>
>>323113056

Dude, no one actually mentioned SSDs. They were arguing that Denuvo decreases performance, wasn't necessarily to do with SSDs.

I'm fairly certain, based on my own experiences that they are wrong, but you're attacking a strawman, bruh.
>>
>>323113189
rightooooo. even if i agree with you, thats still...0 arguments for, and 0 against.

of course, actually finding evidence is impossible because it dosent exist, so its waaaaay easier to shit on the integrity of reddit. so keep at it.

we will be here for a couple hours. no one will post a single. verifiable. link

lords of the fallen. 9 hours average play time. 180,000 players with, at the time, a 9% rate of ssd ownership. thats 16,000 fried ssd`s, since the original claim was 2 gigs a second read/write, which would flop your average ssd in 6 hours.

so where are they. it might scare you, but ive actually attempted to fact check this shit.
>>
>>323113241
>he thinks only ea/ubi are going to use denuvo
>>
>>323113261
Nobody mentioned SSDs besides you. Go back to reddit already.
>>
>>323094948
Will there be anything other than indie games in two years?

Seems like all the major PC are on consoles
>>
And then when everything runs as well as JC3, Arkham Knight and Inquisition, they'll realize getting actual sales matters more than minimizing "lost" sales.
>>
>>323113641
If today's market is anything to go by, there will be a lot of PS1 and PS2 ports.
>>
>>323100416
Yeah op why does your employer think they need to pay you for this
>>
>>323113347
citation needed

also, hilarious, everyones going to assume im pro-denuvo, not anti-unsourceable claims. you want a REAL, verifiable claim for why denuvo should be fucking shit on? it completely stops modding, and will be the gateway for PAID modding. there you go.

use THAT. because you can PROVE it. thread after thread no one can actually link anyone, to anything that actually shows or proves denuvo effects performance, or fries ssds. in 2 years. not a single one.

makes you kinda curious, huh
>>
>>323113641
>Seems like all the major console releases are *also available on PC
FTFY
>>
>>323113596
hey, your right, i guess people started smarting up and realising they couldnt fucking source it.

okay. so source me anything about performance differences. remember, weve already clarified that you can play a cracked version side by side with a normal version, and that benchmarking tools are completely free.

come on /v/, lets get together and crack this one, once and for all. lets do what no one else seems to have done in 2 years, a single, 5 minute test.
>>
>>323113874
>anything that actually shows or proves denuvo effects performance, or fries ssds. in 2 years. not a single one.
Because removing Denuvo is a crime. Who the fuck would willingly admit to committing a crime? Remember what happened to Geohots?
>>
But there hasn't been a game worth playing that uses denuvo.
>>
If gamers didn't have short attention span Denuvo wouldn't have existed, Just stop buying games from publishers that adds type of craps.
>>
>>323102742
I ran TPP(pirated) before I upgraded my PC. Had a 6770 and an i3 530. A first fucking generation i3 and 4 gigs of RAM. There was remarkably little difference in framerate even then when fucking around with the graphics settings, and it ran pretty smooth no matter what unless I sperged out with the AA. At 1080p.

It's just not a very resource intensive game.
>>
PS3's games are finally here, and they're going to save us all from cinematic sandbox experiences that require a developer workstation PC with an i7 6900k and a $2000 nvidia workstation card and an SSD (it werkz for me :^)) to run thanks to nvidia gameworks and denuvo malware
>>
Everything is crackable given time. Those Chinese are talking out of there ass.

If indeed it was true it fucks over people like me who stay away from putting my cc information into online storefronts like steam (The recent security leaks reaffirmed this).

I say this because i like to pirate games to see if they run well on my pc before i actually purchase them on steam using steamcards i purchase in brick and mortar store. I don't like the idea that i only have 2 hours to play something in order to get a refund all while having to see if somebody at valve dictate if i get my money back or not.

I learned my lesson doing this with Arma 3 and spending more than 2 hours just tickering around with my settings just to get it to run at a decent framerate.
>>
>>323113874

Did you even read my post you absolute fucktard? I'm the cuck that said any bad performance associated with Denuvo was more a result on shitty greedy publishers who make shit ports having a tendency to use Denuvo. I agree it has no effect on performance, two other dipshits disagreed then out of nowhere your dumbass brings up SSD destruction.
>>
>>323094948

>implying that antipiracy is going to make you more money rather than just screw over poor people who can't afford the games.
>>
File: good fucking question.png (82 KB, 560x407) Image search: [Google]
good fucking question.png
82 KB, 560x407
>>323114087
>Because removing Denuvo is a crime. Who the fuck would willingly admit to committing a crime?

>>323111260
>I've tried both versions of Mad Max, Arkham Knight and MGS5 with no difference.
>>
>>323102230
Me too. I played it at release. Or well, I bought it and tried to play it.
>>
>>323114446
>giving a single fuck about poor people
>>
>>323114470
>anonymous image board
Now go run a website and see what happens.
>>
File: 1428167003307.gif (516 KB, 475x347) Image search: [Google]
1428167003307.gif
516 KB, 475x347
>That Samefaggot ITT that keeps defending Denuvo™ DRM

Fucking get banned already.
>>
不是我的问题
Who even plays single player games anymore? No one I talk to that has been playing games has paid for a game in over a decade, everything is f2p that matters.
>>
>>323112814
But that's completely unrelated to performance issues.
>>
>>323114387
oh, so i just have to ignore all the other people who DID claim so
>>323101649
>>323102201
>>323114256

also, technically, its literally impossible denuvo has NO effect on performance, because at the end of the day, even the tiniest bit of code has to be run, which would take up even the slightest amount of power. people here of course assume im defending denuvo, which ruin the modding community and allow paid modding to flourish, instead of just trying to find any ACTUAL fucking evidence
>>
>>323114664
>f2p.
AHAHAHAHA
f2p games can never compete against single player games.

>inb4 assfaggots
playing/trying to deal with retarded people doesn't count as fun.
>>
File: this_is_for_you_OP.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
this_is_for_you_OP.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>323094948
You're right OP, denuvo is saving pc gaming. By not letting people play shitty AAA garbage.

Meanwhile people...

>can still pirate indie games
>can still pirate movies
>can still pirate music
>can still bang your mom

feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
>>323114823
Steam killed the modding community, not DRM. Nobody mods games anymore because games are meant to be sold and not played. Nobody gives a shit who plays their games on PC as long as they make money. Why do you think shit like Batman doesn't ever get patched?
>>
File: man-looking.jpg (142 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
man-looking.jpg
142 KB, 400x300
>>323114646
http://www.skidrowgames.net
>>
But who are they gonna blame for shit sales if the piracy boogeyman is gone?
>>
>>323114374
>Everything is crackable given time.

That's the whole point of Denuvo, dumbass. Buying time. FIFA 2016 was released in September and still not cracked.

As the member of 3dm said, it IS crackeable but it takes so much effort it makes you want to quit, specially because bitcoin miners probably aren't worth all the trouble.

Denuvo is rendering piracy unprofitable in the short term.
>>
>>323114989
steam hosts modding contests and hypes free mods on its OWN front page. no body stopped them modding for free...
>>
>>323115072
Now lookup where that site is run from. Also note how they have no affiliation with skidrow.
>>
>>323114658
IT'S NAWT DRM IT'S ANTI-PIRACY TECHNOLOGYYYYYYYYYY!
>>
>>323094948
Deep down you know someone will have the drive to break the strongest anti piracy measures. There will always be pirates.
>>
>>323114374
even denuvo themselves outright admitted this, in public.
>>
>>323115193
You misunderstand. People used to play games for years on PC, now they buy them and don't even install them. This killed the active communities for games which means nobody mods them.
>>
>>323114046
There also has a high probability that 60% of those game would run like poorly on PC, have driver overhead issues, will run gameworks and/or have denuvo. So PCucks are still getting cucked in the end.
>>
>>323114989
>Steam killed the modding community
>what is Steamworks

Fucking retarded.
>>
>>323115123
>cracking games is for profit

WRONG.
>>
>>323115221
im sorry, im not sure how, "its hosted in russia" and "its not affiliated with them", has anything to do with "they are hosting content freely and continously, that is apparently illegal", or how "even if its illegal, how this stopped them".

remember, we were talking about why no one has ever, shown a single shred of evidence for it.
>>
>>323115480
All pirated games you get from those distribution groups comes with bitcoin miners. This is a fact.

Do you seriously think chinks and ruskies are working for free to you?
>>
>>323115480
lol. yes it is. if its not bitcoin miners, its ad hits from people visiting.
>>
>>323114823

Are you not so good at the English, anon? Not a single one of the posts you quoted mentioned SSDs.

In fact, only one of those posts even makes the claim that Denuvo is responsible for bad perfomance. And I earlier refuted that point by pointing out that in fact, it was a coincidence that a number of Denuvo protected games have also been shitty rushed ports.

I don't even know what you're trying to argue anymore
>>
>>323115342
so...people playing the games they actually want, killed modding. we should force people to play the games they got sick of, longer.
>>
>>323115542
Because people in China and Russia will never buy the original to prove you wrong. Piracy is objectively better for the consumer even before performance improvements are brought into question.
>>
File: 109626222.gif (981 KB, 224x168) Image search: [Google]
109626222.gif
981 KB, 224x168
>>323094948
>inb4 pirates emulate DRM servers
>>
>>323115757
PC gamers don't play games, they just buy them because they're really cheap. Steam is a cesspool full of indieshit and garbage that can't pass Sony/Microsoft console standards to be released elsewhere.
>>
>>323114658

I'm not defending it. I'm just refusing the fairytale argument that it has a noticeable effect of performance. It's a shitty business practice, but don't invent fanciful bullshit, it's not necessary and just makes you look like a butthurt cumshitter who's upset at the prospect of paying for games.
>>
>>323111735
>literally steal
Come on anon, come on.
>>
>>323115735
you either, buddy, since i was pointing out they also mentioned performance, not ssds. you specifically stated the bad performance was not denuvo, but bad companies using denuvo, as seen
>>323114387
>I'm the cuck that said any bad performance associated with Denuvo was more a result on shitty greedy publishers who make shit ports having a tendency to use Denuvo

to which i responded, directly, with, posts that claimed it wasnt just companies, but...denuvo. as seen...well, you replied to it, i dont think i need to link it again. so whats your first language?
>>
>>323094948
Why are you guys even talking about this? It will either work or it won't there's not much you guys can do about it.
>>
>>323115381
>Thinking Steamworks would be good for the modding community in the long run
>Shit support and everyone is just stealing and repacking each other's work.
>Gaben is getting a larger cut than the modder.
>>
>>323094948
No more piracy = less people talking about your game and less people playing it altogether

That's good for business, right?
>>
>>323115810
golly, it sure makes you wonder how they cracked the something they never had, dosent it. you know, cracking the denuvo on the copy of the game they had, that had no denuvo.

fuckin magic!
>>
>>323115914
This is actually possible, but it's not lucrative.

People tried it with Simcity, it worked but there was no point since nobody was going to pay a server for pirates.
>>
>>323112254
>>323112242
Mad max uses denovo? I bought it on steam, so if I DL a crack and screen cap the fps will that work?
>>
>>323116149
People talking about your game means jack shit.
>>
>>323115480
>they do it for free
>>
>>323116182
Cracker groups don't buy games to make you look stupid. They buy them to crack them and take credit for it, which they've already done.
>>
>>323115362
>There also has a high probability that 60% of those game would run like poorly on PC, have driver overhead issues
>shitting on devs this hard while demanding they deserve to be paid and praising publishers for DRM
good goy
>>
>>323094948

>dev getting paid for their work and not getting their shit stolen

Funny you should say it like that, anon...

>http://www.gog.com/forum/general/descent_12_descent_3_removed_from_sale/post142
>The problem is that Interplay has not paid to Parallax any royalties since 2007. We've talked to them about this numerous times over the years, and finally took action this fall. We served Interplay official notice that they were in breach of the contract, and when they still failed to pay we terminated the agreement.
>>
>>323114989

WB was too fucking cheap to pay to fix their broken port and Cocksteady don't care. Arkham Knight was their shittiest game of the series; SUPMAN is going to really be shit if they stay on their downward spiral.

(that downward spiral will get you a big and huge sub-10 FPS when done in SUPMAN)
>>
>>323094948
>These people still get paid to make these posts
>Attempt to subvert the younger this-summer's audience of /v/ from the knowledge of how a publisher-developer relationship works
>Believes piracy won't get worked around
>Thinks people will pay $60-120 a game just because piracy is gone
>Thinks the company who created this won't charge an arm and a fucking leg because they're the only ones who have the technology thus raising the price thus raising the desire to bypass it.

It's secuROM all over again, it'll probably get bypassed and it'll also probably come to light within a year or two that it's fucking illegal to use because to be so unbreakable it has to do some secuROM tier shit, the companies still won't get taken down by the governmen despite this because games bring in too much money.

Enjoy another game with worst performance because of this shit by the way and an actual better performance after bypassing.
>>
Isn't Denuvo what's keeping MGSV from getting cracked? I want to play this game but I really don't want to give money to Konami.
>>
It is 2016 and publishers and devs still don't understand how piracy works. It is just free advertising if your product is good. All anti-piracy stuff on a game does is send up a red flag that the publisher doesn't think the game is good enough to sell on its own merits and content. You won't magically get sales if you stop piracy, especially if your price points are still stupidly inflated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qkyt1wXNlI
>>
>>323116524
MGSV is cracked already? Are you on crack?
>>
>>323116598
There is no evidence that piracy boosts sales.
>>
>>323115645
>bitcoin miners

When did this happen?
>>
>>323116698
Didn't find any cracks when I checked a bit before Christmas, guess I should check again.
>>
>>323116391
You might want to look up a concept called a Net Promoter Score. It is a customer service thing. The more people that like your product or service talk about it to other people. Same if they hate it but in a negative manner. It helps drive awareness and uptake of the product or service.
>>
>>323116786
It's up on blackcats and has been for months.
>>
>>323116759
Did you not watch the video? There is direct correlation to your product being available for free to increased sales if it is good.

Piracy is literally the shitty sales boogyman that publishers use to justify why their shitty game didn't sell for the inflated price the put it on the market for.
>>
>>323114823
What the fuck are you on about? I said nothing of any difference between playing with denuvo or without, as I still haven't played any game with it, I just wrote out my experience with running MGS:V. It's not a resource intensive game so it's got a lot of leeway, you wouldn't expect to see bad performance even if denuvo got in the way, as evidenced by it running just fine on a five year old(everything but GPU even worse) budget PC.
>>
>>323116961
I'm really out of the loop, really haven't been pirating as much lately since most releases I would normally pirate aren't even worth the bandwidth anymore. MGSV is the first instance in quite a while of a game I want to play but don't want to pay for.
>>
>>323116196
Just let people run the server on their own hardware then?
>>
>>323117093
this
when VHS came under fire for being able to record shit, the MPAA went batshit insane and tried to have it buried
After they couldn't make it stick, they made BILLIONS from VHS sales and rentals

Same thing with Napster and online sales
people buy more shit online now than ever before and the labels pay out practically NOTHING in royalties to artists anyways

It is completely unreasonable to think that piracy is in any way hurting an industry, unless they are completely unwilling to follow trends, in which case they don't seserve to be in business in the first place.
>>
>>323116292
Sure, go ahead. It's an interesting experiment. Ideally it'd be performed with the CPU bottlenecking you but it'd still be pretty interesting to see some comparisons.
>>
Funny thing: Of the last 50 games I pirated I played 1 for more than an hour. And that one I bought for full retail to play the MP with friends. So even if piracy dies, I will simply trust my gut feeling even more than I did before.
>>
>>323117694
Do russians really put bitcoin miners on cracked copies?
Guess I'll dl mad max and see whats up
>>
>>323117482
I am sure that back in the days before Steam and other online retailers piracy probably did hurt sales in some manner. Because it was not as easy to go buy the game legit for a reasonable price.

However now that there are easy ways for people to buy, and sales for those that don't agree with the initial price offering, it is hard to justify it hurting sales.

The market is slowly correcting itself.
>>
>>323116149
Companies can their own social media marketing, relying on pirates for marketing is unreliable since majority of them are more entitled than gamin jurnalyst or streamers and majority of them don't own a site or channel that has decent net traffic.
>>
>>323118032
You really think someone who hasn't paid jack shit is going to be harder to please? I don't buy that. I spoke pretty highly of Just Cause 2 because I pirated it. If I'd paid for it I would have been pissed since it's boring as hell after just a few hours.
>>
>>323115810
>not paying for something is better for the consumer than paying for something is

yeah no shit you faggot.
>>
>>323115615
>bitcoin miners
what the fuck kind of retarded claim is this?
>>
>>323105021
All unbiased studies of piracy indicate otherwise. It's a heavily pushed myth that companies use to justify their IP selling below expectations
>>
>>323117874
>I am sure that back in the days before Steam and other online retailers piracy probably did hurt sales in some manner

The problem with that claim is that it's completely unverifiable.
>>
>>323106084
>Lucky for me there hasn't been anything to pirate in quite a while.
Exactly my thought. At the rate at which pirate worthy games are release I wont even want to pirate anything by 2018 anymore.
>>
>>323115923
>buzzwords
>buzzwords
>buzzwords
>buzzwords
>>
>>323116418
Those type publishers don't deserve to get paid but they also don't deserve to get their IP tampered without their authority.
>>
>>323094948
If pirating gets phased out then I can guarantee the market will suffer.

All of my friends come to me to ask what games they should buy. If I can't provide them any personal opinions based on my experiences then they've lost potential sales.
>>
>New DRM comes out

>IT'S OVER, PIRACY IS FINISHED!

>Competent groups bust it open and fuck the ever-loving shit out of it like it's going out of style.

>WE'LL GET YOU NEXT TIME, FILTHY PIRATES, YOU HEAR ME? NEXT TIME!
>>
File: fullbladder.png (109 KB, 270x247) Image search: [Google]
fullbladder.png
109 KB, 270x247
>>323111735

>paying customers get shitty DRM forced into their assholes
>pirates just don't play the games that have that DRM
>nobody actually wins
>>
Do the "ibuyeverythingwithouttestingfags" actually believe that gaming will get better after that?
>>
>>323118809
Then they blame the consumer and switch to mobile games, while feminists (for some reason) go I TOLD YOU SO! SOGGY KNEES IS DYING YOUR DAYS ARE OGRE CIS SCUM!
>>
>piracy
Redundant. The industry is so bad that I cant even be bothered to blow the necessary bandwidth on pirating games anymore. And thats without having a data cap.
>>
I hope they do something to make piracy 100% impossible, sales end up showing no significant change for games that use uncrackable DRM and then they get all butthurt about it.
>>
>>323118520
True. There was no real way for them to get proper statistics on it. Which is why they were always able to blame piracy for poor sales. It sounded like a legit excuse to people who didn't know how it all worked.

Coupled with the usual amazing reviews (which they totally didn't pay for honestly guys!) and it started to sound even more legit. Because why would an 'amazing' game not sell unless there was some sort of reason like piracy.

They never wanted to look at the possibility that prices were too high. Or that reviews were fixed. Or that the game was for a niche markets. Etc. Etc. Etc. It was always just blame piracy for bad sales.

The problem is that gaming became and industry, instead of staying a hobby that one could make some money from if they were good. Everything suffered because of that.
>>
>>323094948
>implying games worth playing will still be coming out in 2018
>>
>>323104087
>China's government
>doing anything for "the benefit of their own people"
Yeah, I suppose that's why they censor everything, do nothing to stop the rampant human trafficking and child labor, produce so much pollution their country is covered in a disgusting haze of smog and despite getting money from just about every Western country in the world are STILL tanking economically.
>>
>>323118809
>my anecdotal experiences are enough evidence to accurately predict how an entire industry will be affected if piracy were to disappear

okay, nostradamus
>>
>>323118880
What competent groups are left?
>>
>>323118880
Thank you for personifying the anti-pirate lobby as Skeletor for me.
>>
Thanks for killing modding, based Denuvo.
>>
>>323119693
>not Dr. Claw
>>
Is MGSV Denuvo actually cracked? Or is it a workaround like Dragon Age?
>>
>>323119530

There will always be someone. There is too much to gain if you can beat the best in tech security the industry has to offer.
>>
My personal problem is: Whatever happened to game demos?
Back in the day I would play the fuck out of a demo and then decide to GET THE GAME. Nowadays there are no demos on PC - they exist on consoles but not PC. Why? So I tend to pirate games just to figure out they suck after 5 minutes. I could have found that out way easier without seeding it for others. So yeh I fuck with companies because they fuck with me, too. Give me back my game demos.
>>
>>323120423
There are demos. Steam even has some on the store page.
>>
File: 1448684426035.jpg (17 KB, 250x245) Image search: [Google]
1448684426035.jpg
17 KB, 250x245
>>323094948
>pirates
ayy
>>
>>323120423
Don't want to show people how bad your game is before they give you their money with no refunds.
>>
>>323119970
Phantom Pain isn't even cracked. People are just talking out of their ass.
>>
>>323119970
Denuvo hasn't actually been cracked. 3DM exploited weaknesses in Steam or Origin to bypass Denuvo entirely.
>>
>>323120573
>steam refunds
>>
>>323120423
>demo
Why not just buy the game and try it out first before refunding it if you dont like it?
>>
>>323120423
Steam refunds is your demo
>>
File: 1391468765880.jpg (172 KB, 425x425) Image search: [Google]
1391468765880.jpg
172 KB, 425x425
>>323120779
>>323120970
>>323120948
You will get your refunding privileges revoked if you abuse it like that....
>>
>>323121207
Just make a new account?
>>
>>323120694
It worked fine for me. Though I'm pretty sure the crack had some steam files, so >>323120763
is probably right in that they didn't technically crack denuvo
>>
File: 1435368640073.png (1 MB, 1423x796) Image search: [Google]
1435368640073.png
1 MB, 1423x796
PC gaming needs to be destroyed. It is a cancerous abomination. PCs are for work and browsing the internet. Blu-Ray players are for movies. iPods are for music. Consoles are for games.

Let's examine the PC "gaming" experience"
>Sit at a desk (yes, like an office desk) to play games
>Face is two feet away from a 20-30" monitor rather than 10 feet from an 80" screen
>Uses a literal keyboard to play games (yep, like the same thing used to write documents)
>Constantly complain about graphics rather than being immersed in the game
>Needs 60fps then 120fps, then 144fps
>Needs 1080p then 1440p then 4k
>Decides how they want the game to look rather than letting the artist do it ("excuse me chef, I want my steak served with peanut butter please")
>Deal with Windows operating system on a daily basis
>Rampant piracy
>Tend to be obnoxious and entitled assholes

The thing is, you can't disprove any of this. You KNOW it's true. And that's why PC gaming needs to be shot in the head like a diseased animal. Gaming was best when PCs were quarantined as the platformer for shitting "machur" games. Now they've infected the rest of gaming and ruined it.
>>
>>323119869
I can't do the Dr. Klaw voice though. Gotta go with what you know.

>>323120423
>>323120501
There are a few reason demos made an exit. One is that as games got bigger it became less and less feasible to make them and still have them available en-masse for the people. On top of it taking extra effort on the part of the devs to do.The first part of that became moot once things like Steam and decent internet rolled out around the world. But that second part still holds true.

The other reason is that publishers realised that by letting people know ahead of time what the game was like they couldn't make bank on hype. Since you could effectively realise their product was shit before launch, which impacted sales. This is of course only a real concern if your product is shit. Decent games in the past got sales from having good demos. I know I bought SimGolf specifically because the demo was great, to the point that the wait for the full game became unbearable.

So nowadays it is mostly due to it needing extra effort to make, and it hurting pre-orders. If a game is relatively cheap and doesn't have a demo I can give it a free pass in some respects since they are not asking for much of an investment, and refunds are a thing now. But if a game is asking for a decent chunk of change AND doesn't have a demo, something is up. Especially if it is pushing pre-orders with shit like Season Passes and DLC.
>>
>>323121207
No you won't. Using the refund feature as it is intended isn't abuse.
>>
>>323121259
no thanks

>>323121361
tell that to steam
>>
>>323120970

It has only become possible now because steam controls digital content delivery.

Prior that you get the game via discs and you were fucked if the game is shitty and trying to get a refund from a store. It's especially difficult if you're outside the US.
>>
>>323121325

I had a sensible chuckle. 5/10
>>
>>323121335
tl;dr
>>
>>323121259
That isn't a bad idea. Make throwaway accounts to try the game and refund, then buy it on your main account. Repeat as required.

That being said though if they tried that shit here in Australia I am pretty sure that they could be taken to court by the ACCC. It was part of the reason we even got refunds in the first place.
>>
>>323118751
>they also don't deserve to get their IP tampered without their authority.
so...paid mods?
gtfo kid and stop defending shit that doesn't happen
>>
>>323121434
Proof of someone's refund privileges being revoked because they asked for refunds within the limit?

I think the actual point here is that you just don't want to throw down money for a game, and are pretending to be interested in purchasing.
>>
>>323121535
You must be 18 or older to post on this site.
>>
>>323121335
I bought FF8 due to the demo. Was disappointed that it didn't have Rinoa in the first parts of the game like the demo but still a great game.
>>
I'm actually OK with this.

All the games I want to pirate are older games that I can't purchase from the developers anymore. They aren't affected by this.

Otherwise I'll just spend my money on a game I want, since I'm not a poorfag.
>>
>>323121631

Abuse

Refunds are designed to remove the risk from purchasing titles on Steam—not as a way to get free games. If it appears to us that you are abusing refunds, we may stop offering them to you. We do not consider it abuse to request a refund on a title that was purchased just before a sale and then immediately rebuying that title for the sale price.
>>
>>323094948
But the devs have already been paid.
They're paid via salary with maybe a bonus on preorders and metacritic scores.

Besides, not only will it never last it's already shown preventing piracy does nothing to sales after the JC3 garbage.
>>
>>323122025
That's not proof of someone's refunding rights being removed for using them within the rules.
>>
>>323121734
>not wanting to read a wall of text
>not an adult
Adults get bored too, anon. You'll learn about that when you're older.
>>
>>323122147
My point is they dont know that, all they can tell is you are making a large amount of refunds and will assume you are up to no good

but dont take my word for it try it yourself
>>
>>323122147

>Gee, why is this guy buying a bunch of short indie games and then refunding them over and over again?
>Oh, I see, he's speedrunning them and then refunding for free games
>boot

It's not like it'd be hard to notice.
>>
>>323121325
This pasta is p cold but..

>Blu-Ray players are for movies
Sony must actually believe that too.
>>
>>323122314
We get it little timmy, you don't want to buy games. There's no need to come on here and pretend you want to, though. We're all anonymous.

>>323122378
Please stay on topic.
>>
>>323122158
If you think that is a wall of text mate, then you don't get out much.
>>
>>323121335
I don't really buy that excuse. Demos can easily show the best part of an otherwise mediocre game to increase hype. I'm still mad about the Indigo Prophecy demo, but it still fucking worked.

Also, I just want to say Quake 3 and World in Conflict demos were damn good.
>>
>>323121335
>tfw remembering old PC gamer
>used to get discs packed chock full of demos
>articles were good an honest
>a score of 90+ was rare as fuck
>the writers' GOTY were usually in the lower 80's ranges and the picked them apart ruthlessly between the praise
Only downside was like half of the mag was just a bunch of ads, but man I used to love that shit.
>>
>>323094948
I stopped pirating games when I got a job because now I'd rather refund it instead of going through the hassle of pirating a game. Now if I am thinking of buying a game I read some reviews and watch a little bit of a playthrough and if I like what I see i will buy it. Just be a smart consumer and wait to buy games after they've been out a couple of weeks, it usually takes a bit of time until it is cracked anyway. I can't say I feel bad for people who only pirate games because they are pricks for not supporting developers that make good games. If you buy games not knowing about the product you're buying than you only have yourself to blame.
It will be funny to see what publishers blame bad PC sales on now.
>>
Steam ver of mad max
FX6300 3.5Ghz
R7260X
Everything on high. The crack is extracting but it will take a long time to install. It's a big game. We'll see if there is a performance difference between Pirate and Denovo
>>
File: smugbong.png (224 KB, 650x948) Image search: [Google]
smugbong.png
224 KB, 650x948
>>323122457
>We get it little timmy, you don't want to buy games. There's no need to come on here and pretend you want to, though. We're all anonymous.

thanks for the won argument, ill be screencapping this win
>>
File: 2016-01-02_00010.jpg (154 KB, 1296x759) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-02_00010.jpg
154 KB, 1296x759
>>323102201
Sometimes we gotta make sacrifices...
I tried 1280x800 and it was bit laggy
I tried 800x600 and it was better but still, for game like Just Cause you need silky smooth stable framerate.
I didn't even bother to try 640x480 but it would have been playable I guess...
>>
>>323111735
Nigger, do you honestly think you can't pirate PS and Xbox games? Because you can.
>>
File: 1448459657390.jpg (119 KB, 777x656) Image search: [Google]
1448459657390.jpg
119 KB, 777x656
>Euros think that you should be able to refund any product at any time for any reason whatsoever
>>
>>323122457

I'm not gonna crawl through a bunch of forums/messageboards to find some Russian shit crying about his refunding rights being revoked because he was trying to game the system but considering the sheer number of people on Steam and how basically any time there is something to exploit, there will be a chunk of people exploiting it, I can only assume that some people have attempted to do what I just described and had their refund privileges revoked.
>>
>>323122510
It is true though. Your assumption is that all games are inherently good. If you are a publisher who is forcing a game out the door early so you can meet some bullshit deadline instead of actually caring about the quality of your product, you don't want people to know how shit it is. Especially now with how big pre-ordering is as a practice.

Where as back in the days before the internet really took off you wanted to increase exposure as much as possible to increase your chance of sales. That now has the opposite effect now.

>>323122530
Yeah I used to have a subscription back in the day. I think I still have my old Dec 2000 issue with Duke on the cover, with the article about how DNF was only a month away from release. PC Gamer and PC Powerplay were fucking excellent for demos, patches, and utilities.
>>
>>323122894
Shouldn't you be writing a Kotaku article right now?
>>
>>323121626
So if you're a mod developer and someone stole and repack your mod and he's getting paid for it, would you just let it go?
>>
File: stupid goy.jpg (43 KB, 335x345) Image search: [Google]
stupid goy.jpg
43 KB, 335x345
>>323094948
Boy I can't wait until everyone gets fucked by publishers relentlessly.

Want to try before you buy NO FUCK YOU GOYIM
>>
File: okay whatever man.webm (623 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
okay whatever man.webm
623 KB, 1000x563
>all this DRM started to begin with because of all you faggots pirating
>HA-HA I'LL PIRATE THE GAMES BECAUSE OF THIS SHIT THAT'LL SHOW 'EM

Loving this irony and excuses that you're doing it as some kind of 'justice' when you NEET faggots can't just admit you're too poor to buy games.

Good job supporting an industry you're supposed to love.
>>
>>323122610
Based science man.
>>
File: Saitama_OK.jpg (29 KB, 375x305) Image search: [Google]
Saitama_OK.jpg
29 KB, 375x305
>>323124208
>pirates are the worst thing to happen to gaming
That's wrong but ok.
>>
>>323094948
>implying this won't hasten the ftp/microtransaction apocalypse
>>
>>323124479
I didn't even imply it was, I'm just sick of seeing the excuses to be honest family.
>>
>>323124208
If you don't spend at least $1000 a year on video games you're a casual.
>>
>>323094948
I don't pirate games, but I wouldn't purchase any games any games with Denuvo.
>>
>>323124748
What about the excuse of this industry is getting so bad isn't worth supporting (excluding the few good games)?
Yeah people pirate games because it's free, but that doesn't mean people will suddenly want to buy those games if piracy is no longer an option.
>>
File: goat.jpg (331 KB, 1586x1048) Image search: [Google]
goat.jpg
331 KB, 1586x1048
Witcher 3 is proof that if a game is good people will buy it. it sold 2 million in the 6 first weeks on pc alone and it didnt have any DRM whatsoever. So instead of making a shitty game that no one wants to pay for make one thats worth buying.
>>
>>323125106
So if there's no more piracy, does that mean all sales will increase substantially? What if they don't? What excuse will publishers hand out then?
>>
We need another Carmack and Romero. Someone to push the technology, and someone to bring back the passion for making fun video games.
>>
>>323122894

You poor, poor thing.

Shhhh, it's going to be alright.
>>
>>323125315
What as the excuse they game for DA:I's shitty first week sales?
>>
>>323125315

That pirates are doing smear campaigns because they can't get the game for free.
>>
>>323125446
They didn't say anything as far as I remember.
>>
>>323125315
I think your missing my point bud, I actually meant that Witcher 3 has no DRM at all and it selled like hotcakes regardless. Infact I bet alot of people pirated the game and liked it alot and bought it for that very reason. I think piracy actually helped Witcher 3 shift more copies.
>>
>>323121325
do you guys have no original arguments that you use copy pastas over and over and over?
>>
File: pepe bigfoot.jpg (79 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
pepe bigfoot.jpg
79 KB, 900x900
>>323094948
>devs use denuvo
>game makes the same amount of money as it was expected to make had it not had the unbreakable DRM
>>
>>323125649
No I didn't miss it. I'm just saying what will happen when they can't blame their poor sales on piracy?
>>
Im not buying a single modern game I cant pirate. If I cant steal it, I just wont play it who gives a fuck. PC master race has a million things to do with their time, not playing MGSV or F4 (both pirate-able not my point) isnt going to kill me.

But I bought undertale after I pirated. I thought it was a Fun game and that toby The Furry Enabler fox deserved my 10 bucks.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.