[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was Ellie such a shitty insufferable character compared to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: clementine ellie.jpg (62 KB, 600x302) Image search: [Google]
clementine ellie.jpg
62 KB, 600x302
Why was Ellie such a shitty insufferable character compared to Clementine? I wanted to protect Clementine. It was hard for me to care what happened to Ellie.
>>
Clementine was like 10 and was written to be a daughterfu
Ellie was like 15 and all teenagers are annoying little shits.
>>
File: 1419009216022.jpg (63 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1419009216022.jpg
63 KB, 604x453
One is a character with arcs and growth

The other is a cardboard cut-out built on quips. The only thing about Ellie that changed was her relationship with Joel and how to use a gun.
>>
I wanted to protect them both. Same for the loli in I am Alive.
>>
>>323090119
Bioshock 2
>>
File: jack-black-stop.jpg (10 KB, 293x282) Image search: [Google]
jack-black-stop.jpg
10 KB, 293x282
>>323089205
You like daughter b8 in a non game instead of proper characters like Ellie in a proper game
>>
>>323090401
>proper character
>proper game
Naughty Dog, what are you doing here? Don't you have more Dude Raider games to churn out?
>>
File: lKaicvA.jpg (220 KB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
lKaicvA.jpg
220 KB, 3000x3000
>>323090401
>proper character in a proper game like Ellie
>>
I think it's because Ellie was literally invincible for 99% of the game. Before you found out that Telltale games can't deviate from the plot even a little bit, you were actually worred about who lives and who dies. There are a lot of points where Clementine could've easily been killed. And it doesn't help that she's one of the most likable characters, even Kenny is a dick unless you suck his dick all game.
>>
>>323089205
>wanting to protect shitty kids
both are shit games
>>
>>323089205
Clem is a sexy brown loli. The other one is an ugly white old hag.
>>
Ellie was a badly written character. Naughty Dog wanted her to be a cheerful likable character in a post apocalyptic world. That makes no sense. Clementine's character made more sense. She was always depressed. Because she's been through a lot. Ellie just seems like any other teenager.
>>
The whole game was terrible in the way it presented its story.

>Ambiguous ending, because that's the hipster way with games these days
>character gets killed off in the first five minutes and somehow Naughty Dog expects to me to care, regardless of whether it's a child or not
>"cinematic storytelling" bullshit where you walk down a hallway following an NPC and there's nothing but dialogue, rinse, repeat
>gameplay is subpar (did anyone actually play this game for the gameplay or was it just to be able to go on the internet and claim how it was The Citizen Kane of gaming?
>It's anything but the CK of gaming. CK didn't just set the precedent. It reinvented the precedent. Last of Us does the exact opposite.

To my dying day I will never understand people's infatuation with this overrated title.
>>
>>323089773
so who are you liking more
>>
Clementine:
>hid in a tree house
>all alone
>going through alot through the game
>gets depressed after the first death
>learns how to fight
>becomes really brave

Ellie
>stuck up bitch
>doesnt care about anyone but herself
>some how knows how to use guns and bows without training
>doesnt show a sign of depression through out the entire game
>>
>>323090119
>I am Alive
I thought no one else played that, the game was alright although I had a fun experience I'm still disappointed it got demoted from a AAA budget to a shovelware title
>>
>>323092328

>see the original teasers for it
>shit was going to be a giant freeroam Chicago in the middle of a giant earthquake
>shit about factions and the descent into madness and chaos

>game comes out with zero fanfare
>ends up being a mediocre Tomb Raider clone with a few extra meters attached
>gun bluffing makes almost every violent encounter too easy
>grappling hook negates all tension from climbing sections

I was so disappointed.
>>
>>323093476
I feel you man,that was a lost gem. what happened to cause that though? was ubi the original developer? I can't recall
>>
File: 1452132027811.jpg (393 KB, 2220x1282) Image search: [Google]
1452132027811.jpg
393 KB, 2220x1282
best daughterfu coming through
>>
>>323094812

As far as I remember, the developer got liquidated or something and Ubisoft acquired their IP, probably something similar to Human Head and Prey 2.

I looked so forward to I Am Alive, and I remember playing the first live demo at PAX East. I picked up the controller, played for about 10 minutes, then just put it down and walked away.
>>
I only wanted to save Ellie so I can ravage her pussy in peace.
>>
>>323094986

So why would you ruin her with 3D?
>>
>>323090401
this isn't Neogaff
>>
>>323089205
I dunno, I liked Ellie more. I mainly just felt bad for Lee at the end of Walking Dead.
>>
>>323089205
>Le witty teenager
She was annoying and didn't shut up/had to comment every scene and every action you did.

Because a modern game must not remind you that you are playing one, so there has to be nonstop small talk.
>>
>>323089205
I wanted my king slayer character to fuck her
>>
>>323089205
Well, you're probably an insufferable man cunt which explains why you'd feel that way. It's ok. Not everyone has to like ellie. Tards don't like her either.
>>
>>323089205
Ellie >>>> Clementine
For fucking of course
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.