[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
steam refunds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: steam.png (9 KB, 262x192) Image search: [Google]
steam.png
9 KB, 262x192
Is it actually possible to get refunds on Steam when playing over 2 hours or is it all just shitpost?

My retarded brother purchased Just Cause 3 and his laptop wont even leave the fucking loading screen. Worse than that, he's retarded enough to have 18 hours of game time which consisted of having the .exe running in the same fucking loading screen.

So yeah. Can I still get a refund? My first request was denied...
>>
>>323088553
This thread is open because I've seen people with 200 gametime getting refunds . I'm asking if those pics were shoops.
>>
>>323088758
He might as well just try, if he has less than 2 weeks after purchase he might have a chance
>>
>>323088553
I got a refund three weeks after my purchase once.
>>
>>323089305
>>323089569
fucking cunts denied the refund 6 days after purchase, the first time.

I guess it makes it 10 days now since the purchase. Let's see wether or not I get a refund...

motherfuckers denied me a stanley parable refund as well when they implemented the refund policy
>>
>>323088553
you should have closed the game instead of making it running for 18 hours on loading screen?
>>
>>323090521
tell that to my brother. Fucking still idiot bought the game after I told him everyone was shitting on it.

When I looked at the game time I just couldn't believe it. The only reason I didn't give my brother shit about it at the time was that I get a lot of shit from him for being "arrogant" which translated to me calling him out on his bullshit half the time. But he's so retarded there's always a shitload of bullshit to deal with every day. In short, even for my brother doing this, It blew my mind how someone can be so fucking retarded.
>>
>>323091031
18 hours is long enough that you can finish the game (I think) but anyway tell the reason why u have 18 hours of playtime maybe they'll believe you.
>>
>>323091654
Perhaps he can use the achievements to prove it?

He shouldn't have a single one.
>>
Yeah, I think it's possible since you can type out the reason why you are requesting a refund. The whole 2 hours thing is only for automatic refunds, you can still get them for other technical issues and whatnot. Just explain that the 18 hours is due to the exe running in the background or whatever, it'd be believable if you have zero of the achievements, including the one you get for finishing the first mission.
>>
>>323092093
>>323092176
There's an achiv. for completing the first mission?

I did mention the reason for the refund, but Steam customer support is fucking cancer and they didn't even bother checking it.

I'll mention that achiv for completing a mission on my next ticket. It's incredibly difficult to reason someone would play a game 18 hours without completing a single mission. But this is Steam custommer support afterall, so my hopes aren't up.
>>
>>323092176
>>323092093
>>323091654
thanks for the replies btw
>>
>>323092093
You don't get achievements if you play in offline mode, though. Then again, I don't know if Steam tracks play time if you're offline.
>>
>>323092817
Yup, the achievement is called "Enjoy your Homecoming" and you get it for completing the first mission 'Welcome Home'. And you might have just gotten a lazy/unhelpful CS fucko. Try it again, it should work. If it still doesn't, try making a thread of it on the Steam forums. JC3's moderator is pretty helpful.
>>
Chargeback, simple as that, I still need to do it with Fallout 4, but I really ain't arsed about it.

Steam break the Law in the UK every day.
>Consumer Act 2015
Lodged a complaint to Steam support for Fallout 4 and they used the generic "You have played for 40 hours, here's our ToC/EULA bullshit"

>40 Hours (20 of which were me afk as I had shit to do IRL
>5 Achievements
>EULA is worth Jack shit in UK

TL;DR CHARGEBACK YOU SWINE!!!
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.