[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Normal or Inverted camera, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: file.png (98 KB, 656x637) Image search: [Google]
file.png
98 KB, 656x637
Normal or Inverted camera, /v/?
>>
I always thought that people who used inverted controls on games have problems and are not right in the head. Then i met my sisters husband and he uses inverted controls on games and that confirmed my thoughts.
>>
Inverted for flying and shit
>>
Invert both ways or not at all.
Anything else isn't actually more natural, just what was available in your childhood so you're used to it.
>>
If inverted is correct then why is the most superior control system, mouse, never inverted
>>
Regular, all the time, for everything from movement to flight to vehicles.

Using inverted is retarded, seriously. Push down to look up? Who thought that was a good idea, and who actually defends this?
>>
>>323088353
I fucked around with Halo 3 one time and did the opposite of what the instructor said in the beginning and it ended up giving me inverted controls. It feels no different once you get used to it
>>
Anyone who uses inverted for anything but flying sims and the like is retarded
>but it's like tilting the person's head
so why don't you invert horizontally as well faggot?
>>
>>323088353
Nice drawing, now what happens with left & right, faggot?
>>
>>323088894
>>but it's like tilting the person's head
Do people use this argument? I tilt my head up to look up in real life, what the fuck.

I don't even like it for flight controls, even though it's more realistic.
>>
>>323089009
calm down, I needed an image to start the thread
>>
I was inverted all my life, don't know how but it might have been flight sim 95 that started it.
At some point I came up against a game which didn't have the option - Splinter Cell on PS2 I think - and I committed to regular control. It took a lot less time to adjust than I expected, like a day or two at most, with the odd but of confusion cropping up for about a month after when going back to other familiar games.
>>
File: 1390201023977.png (305 KB, 1000x946) Image search: [Google]
1390201023977.png
305 KB, 1000x946
everything on n64 was inverted so you just got used to it
>>
>>323088742
do you forget the fact that most PC games have an option to invert the mouse?
>>
>>323089139
It actually sort of works if the stick was on top, not on the back of the head, which I guess was the main idea when they put sticks on fighters.
>>
Normal for both axes or you can get the fuck out of my face
>>
File: 1433911591089.jpg (12 KB, 184x181) Image search: [Google]
1433911591089.jpg
12 KB, 184x181
M+KB is always normal

Controller I invert the Y-Axis

I use to invert the X, but too many games were missing it so I just got use to normally

Pretty annoying playing with other people, I'm the only one I know personally that inverts the Y
>>
>>323088353
Inverted Y
Normal X
I treat everything as a plane.
>>
I can do both, but one will work better than the other for me. Often inverted, but not always.

It's literally just about having the right neural pathways.

People seem to forget when they were 10 or whatever and had to get used to new controls. Like I remember having to get used to "strafing" in the 90s to play FPSes, then Keyboard + mouse movement, getting used to just BASIC joystick movement in mario 64, learning to handle joystick + c-buttons for N64 FPSes, dual joysticks to move + aim for everything after that era.

All those times started out being "shitty" at first while your brain built up those neural pathways to make the control feel natural. Your ability to play both modes right now is probably 100x better than it was those first few weeks.
>>
File: zmelee.png (1 MB, 800x1118) Image search: [Google]
zmelee.png
1 MB, 800x1118
R or L for Shield/Wavedash/L-cancel?
>>
>>323088353
Moving a head involves some form of revolution to go with the rotation. Most fps don't cause the camera to move at all as it changes orientation. So the pictures analogy doesn't make sense. It's more like moving your eyes.

Now third person on the other hand.
>>
I can use both it just takes me a moment to adjust
>>
Push up = look up
Push down = look down

Who the fuck would do it otherwise, why go against simple logic and common sense. Fucking Amerifats
>>
>>323089791
Most people just say "git gud", it says the same thing.
>>
>>323089796
I go with L
>>
File: 1413237003085.jpg (31 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1413237003085.jpg
31 KB, 184x184
>>323089328
This, I only had a 64 as a kid so I've always used inverted. My friends give me shit when we're playing split-screen because I always have to pause the game to invert Y, and then when I pass the controller they complain that they have to change it back.

I just laugh at them and call them plebs.
>>
>>323088353
Inverted when I'm using a stick of any kind (and keyboard if I'm using that for pitch as well), but normal when using a mouse.

>>323088523
While I think I use inverted because grew up playing flight sims, I am also not right in the head. You may be onto something. Lefties are usually up to no good as well so watch out.
>>
up = up
down = down
left = left
right = right
>>
>>323088523
>First post is pasta
Every time.
Also, I use both. If it's 3rd person, I naturally go for inverted vertical, normal horizontal and if it's first person, it has to be double normal.
>>
File: 1408183335727.jpg (172 KB, 606x454) Image search: [Google]
1408183335727.jpg
172 KB, 606x454
Double inverted. I used to play inverted Y only, but the sickness has spread. Get out while you can, anons.

Save yourselves.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.