[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: re6.jpg (164 KB, 700x790) Image search: [Google]
re6.jpg
164 KB, 700x790
What went wrong /v/?
>>
The basic gameplay mechanics are great, but the game doesn't utilize them well because the campaigns are poorly structured. A lot of the bosses are also just bullet sponges with no real capacity to damage the player (dinosaur-man at the end of Leon's campaign being the biggest offender.)
>>
>>323087926
Combat was fun but the story and campaigns were boring, dudebro, and nonsensical
>>
The logo. I will never stop seeing it as a giraffe blowjob.
>>
>>323087926
The worst part of the game was Leon's campaign. It was so boring and by-the-numbers.

Jake and Sherry's campaign is the best, that fucking melee system, that banter back and forth, those interesting characters, and the bit where you're captured by umbrella in completely different looking parts of the same facility were GOAT.

Honestly, I think if RE6 had been a spinoff called like: "Resident Evil: Revengeance" or some shit, and Resident Evil 6 was a more subdued attempt at actual horror, people would be a lot more willing to accept its retarded albeit incredibly entertaining action shit.
>>
>>323089484
Fuck.
>>
>>323087926
Pointless, stupid story with mediocre, at best, combat that was trying to be far too much like other TPSs. Never really felt like RE. And fuck bosses like Ustanak. They might've thought he was Nemesis-esque but he was just beyond annoying, not threatening.
>>
>>323087926
Resident Evil 5 worked because it focused on 2 characters and had the same kind of retarded slightly supernatural crap that RE4 had. Ancient African laser beams? Fighting Wesker in a Volcano? Fucking BOULDER punching? Incredible. 10/10, genuinely cheesy and entertaining.

RE6 took itself way too seriously, it was at its best when it enjoyed its own audacity, and the combat system was great. To this day it's still got the best mercenaries mode.
>>
>>323089568
Ada's campaign was by far the worst
>>
Shit enemies
Shit level design
Shit/ruined characters
Missed opportunities
Story too serious
No likable antagonist
Shit inventory
Retarded herb usage
Shit "puzzles"
No weapon upgrade system

The actual controls are top notch though. They just never gave you a reason to use them to their fullest potential.
>>
>>323090189
Oh yeah, I forgot her campaign even existed. Yeah hers was pretty shit gameplay wise. It sounds like a good idea on paper, having a singleplayer campaign where you sort of tie up loose ends, but it just didn't pan out.
>>
>>323090472
Also
No good boss fights
>>
>>323090076
And then this guy became a T-rex, and then I punched it.
>>
Shit plot that you couldnt care about. All about MUH BIOTERRORISM. 5 at least had Wesker as a big, charismatic villain, who made the game semi-interesting. 6 is just "run and kill zombies, dont care about plot as theres none"
>>
>>323089484
Haha.
>>
What went right -
Best 3rd person control scheme and free movement that exists to date
Mercenaries
Jake and Piers are alright new characters
Sherry's ass
Jake's fists
Leon's dual wielding pistols
Tons of enemy variety
Co-op is genuinely fun
Chris's gears of war campaign wasn't actually that bad and his character grew for once
Coup de grace

What went wrong -
Helena's entirety
Leon's lack of one liners/DMC crazy
Too many enemies with guns/fights with enemies with guns
Ridiculous amount of QTE's
Forced co-op means AI partner is a fucktard
Level design is meh, pacing is easily the worst parts of the game
Bullet sponge bosses
Bland forgettable villain that nobody can rightfully remember his name
Death animations leave a lot to be desired
Shit soundtrack
No atmosphere
>>
too many chefs in the kitchen. they threw everything at the game regardless if it stuck and didnt polish anything barring the combat engine.
>>
>>323092254
>Bland forgettable villain that nobody can rightfully remember his name

There was a villain?

I played the game when it came out on the PS3 and got 100% out of it, yet I remember the whole dinosaur thing just now.

I guess the story was really shitty.
>>
>>323090076
RE6 totally had a lot of retarded moments that were incredible, though.

Jake and Sherry had a lot of it, like the motorcycle escape sequence in China, or the entire final section complete with the best cheesy credits song you could possibly have. Chris and Piers had some too.

Really, if everything was just like more of Jake and Sherry's campaign, it'd be better. Though as is, I still really liked it.
>>
I just remember the guns were fucking horrible but the melee was pretty cool. It was like playing WWE: Resident Evil.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.