[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get a Wii U for myself over Christmas because I wanted to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1450675922363.gif (998 KB, 350x206) Image search: [Google]
1450675922363.gif
998 KB, 350x206
>get a Wii U for myself over Christmas because I wanted to play some of the games
>it was the SSB/Splatoon one that I found in a target for cheaper than it was on Amazon
>After spending a shit ton of time enjoying splatoon decide I want to try bayonetta 2
>Head to gamestop to buy a copy
>"Oh anon we don't have any copies of it and we probably never will again. It was hard to get and after that post on reddit pretty much all the copies have been bought up
>Decide to drive around and see if I can find it in various other stores
>None of them have it
>Check Amazon
>New copies are like $90 used copies are like $70
>Decide to get the e-shop version
>Not enough space on my Wii U because of SSB and Splatoon

fug

why are there so few copies of bayo 2? Apparently it's really not hard to find in EU, but fucking region lock means those wouldn't work for me.
>>
why is that cats tail painted?
not cool
>>
>>323084461
it's not paint, it looks like a blue bandage of sorts.
>>
Because it didn't sell that much at release so game stores refuse to stock it, not realizing that its sales pattern has way more in common with Nintendo first party games which sell consistently over a long period of time than Bayonetta 1, which sold well to begin with but dropped like a stone as time went on. Of course now the markets have responded and prices have shot up due to the restriction in supply, but retailers like Gamestop feel that relaunching Bayo 2 is a waste of valuable shelf space in whatever tiny corner they have dedicated to the WiiU.

Basically they fucked up and pulled out too early and refuse to jump back in because of sunk cost fallacy and no promise of immediate returns with no media fanfare or ad campaigns. Now they can't justify the startup cost of stocking it again, while online retailers which have no frontend make out like fucking bandits.
>>
>>323084168
>live in Europe
>bought my Wii U a couple of days ago
>Bayo 2 was 17€
>my friend has even seen it for 10€ before
>I might pick it up if I ever come across a copy for 5€

Looks to me as if they produced too many copies for Europe.
>>
>>323086246
>bought a WiiU
>DIDN'T immediately buy Bayo2

What the fuck is wrong with you? Grab that shit.
>>
>>323086351
I'm not interested in the game at all. If I ever want to play it, I also can borrow my friend's copy. I guess I'd get it just for my collection if I were to see it for less than 10€.
>>
>>323086351
Also, it is a shame that the system is not region free. Ameribros should be able to simply order the game from here.
>>
>>323086848
That's fair, I guess, but it's pretty much the best game on the system and I couldn't recommend it highly enough. If you like character action games you'll like Bayo 2, guaranteed.
>>
>>323087330
It plays like DMC, doesn't it? I never managed to get into the genre.
>>
>>323087572
Pretty much, yeah. If you're not into that then you're right, you probably shouldn't grab it until it's really cheap.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.