[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i'm looking to download my first n64 emulator on my pc.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 597x396) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 597x396
i'm looking to download my first n64 emulator on my pc. i've heard project 64 has malware and shit but there are ways to get around it. There are also others ive heard good things about. what do you recommend /v/?
>>
File: DN zero hour - hangar exit.jpg (239 KB, 1278x960) Image search: [Google]
DN zero hour - hangar exit.jpg
239 KB, 1278x960
>>323082864
Project 1.7 (the older version) is perfectly fine, and not bundled with anything. I believe the claims about malware are related to the stuff included in the installer of 2.x variants.

I've used 1.6 and later 1.7 versions for something like a decade now. The most popular games work perfectly fine, and you got several plugins to choose from for graphics, audio and controls.
I'd recommend grabbing at least the N-Rage's Direct Input plugin; allows you to bind anything to any controller action, such as Mouse's X / Y movements, and adjust what devices are set to the virtual gamepad (Rumble or Memory pak, etc). I played DN:Zero Hour with WASD+M controls like this couple years ago!

Basic graphics plugin works OK for most titles.
Keep the original 640x480 aspect ratio (ie. 1280x960) to eliminate some visual glitches. Tick "Always use texture filter". Enable "Use Legacy Pixel Pipeline" from Advanced Options tab too.

When the game starts, go to Audio settings, and tick "Sync game to audio". This fixes out-of-sync and clicking noises problems.
>>
>>323082864
i recommend that you stop being a poorfag and buy a n64 plus an everdrive. all n64 emulators are fucking terrible
>>
>>323086105
Nope.
>>
>>323086105
>it's an "I'm too stupid to get third party plug-ins" post
>>
Wasn't there supposedly an emulator a guy made for himself that was 100% accurate? Wing something
>>
>>323086913
>he doesnt realize that flash carts are more accurate than emulators

kill yourself
>>
>>323084172
Don't listen to this faggot, graphics plug-in will often depend on what game you're trying to play. Glide seems most compatible in my experience
>>
>>323087006
>he doesn't realize that the whole purpose of an emulator is to avoid having superfluous hardware
>he hasn't tried N64 emulation in five years and is downplaying the accuracy even for the time
>>
>>323087179
>he doesnt realize that flash carts are still more accurate than emulators will ever be
>>
>>323087179
>he hasn't tried N64 emulation in five years
Yeah because N64 emulation went places these last 5 years
>>
File: 1412051855977.jpg (30 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1412051855977.jpg
30 KB, 640x480
>>323087024
>graphics plug-in will often depend on what game you're trying to play
Or not. You just need to adjust settings more or less depending on the game. The ones I listed have worked near perfect for all the big titles I've played (Marios, Zeldas, Banjos, Douks...)

>>323087494
If you do want to have that authentic 240p + 20fps experience, be my guest. It's not everyone's thing.
>>
File: wipe.gif (24 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
wipe.gif
24 KB, 512x384
>2001
>n64 emulation is shit

>2006
>n64 emulation is shit

>2011
>n64 emulation is shit

>2016
>yadda yadda yadda
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.