[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To Hearthstone?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: hearthstone1.jpg (394 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hearthstone1.jpg
394 KB, 1920x1080
A couple of months ago I quit Hearthstone and disenchanted every card, then made new cards with the dust, then disenchanted those too until I had 0 dust left. I used up all gold on arenas that I instantly conceded until I had 0 gold.

So that account currently has 0 gold and 0 dust.

I have been thinking of playing again. The question is: Start fresh, or keep the old account?

Here is what a new player gets:
- 4 classic packs (400 gold): play on ipad, iphone and android tablet + phone
- 300 gold: win 100 games
- 100 gold: collect every basic card (level up all heroes)
- 100 gold: unlock every hero
- 1 classic pack (100 gold): complete a game in play mode
- free arena (150 gold): first free game
- 1 classic pack (100 gold): get any class to level 10
- 100 gold: play 3 games in play mode
- 95 dust: disenchant a card
- 100 gold: defeat every expert AI hero
so this is what I would get if I start a new account: 6 classic packs (600 gold) + 95 dust + 700 gold + free arena (150 gold) = 1450 gold and 95 dust. but it would take a lot of time to earn that by doing all quests above.

On my old account I own the complete naxxramas set (3500 gold) and the first wing of blackrock (700 gold), so I have already got a value of 4200 gold on this account. Even though it has 0 gold and 0 dust and 0 cards (everything disenchantable is disenchanted), I guess it is better to keep the adventure+value than starting over completely? I have the adventure cards, all basic class cards, and current quests for 60+50 gold and to watch a friend to win a card pack...

Which option?
1. Play the old account which has a value of 4200 gold in assets.
2. Make a new account and get a 1450 gold value after a long grind.
3. Don't play kiddy RNG card games again.
>>
>>323067037
you should stop supporting blizzard and stop playing their games
>>
>>323067237
I know but I can't find any games I enjoy. I get bored instantly with FPS shooters, puzzle games, adventure games, RPGs, dota/lol, wow, etc. I get bored within 30 seconds and uninstall the games again.

I'm starting to think card games are the only types of games I enjoy. And it's down to Hearthstone or Magic. But Magic Duels looks way too fiddly and slow.

Something like Hearthstone minus the RNG would be the best. But nothing like that exists?
>>
>>323067531
List of games I've played recently:

Trine 3: 3D puzzle game, played about 15 minutes, pretty, got super bored at the pointless puzzles. What a waste of life.

Divinity: Original Sin: It's a classic, fiddly RPG with D&D rules and turn-based combat. I played 30 seconds and got to the first battle and saw a whole row of nerdy buttons called things like "Battle Heal: 30 action points", and I just puked a little in my mouth at the nerdiness and said "no fucking way I am gonna waste my life learning that crap" and uninstalled it.

Torchlight 2: Diablo-like clone, played for about 20 minutes enjoying the loot until it all felt the same. What a waste of life. Hell no.

Minecraft: I punched a tree. Made a tiny house. Thought "wow this world is ugly and depressing" and uninstalled it after 30 minutes after making a big hole down to the lava, where I drowned myself because the game sucked so badly.

South Park: The Stick of Truth: RPG with south park characters. Was cool for 5 minutes until the nerdy, repetitive battles. Didn't we stop doing those a decade ago when Final Fantasy died?

realMyst 3D Masterpiece Edition: Point and click adventure game. Well, it was the most fun powerpoint presentation I ever played. But it felt kind of like a "dad" version of a baby activity set, you clicked on stuff and were rewarded with an animation or sound. What a waste of life. Uninstalled in 10 minutes.

XCOM Enemy Unknown (the new one): Turn-based RPG. So fucking repetitive, every battle is just pew pew behind cover over and over at glacial pace. 1/10, uninstalled.

Deus Ex Human Revolution: Wow this game actually managed to entertain me for 4 hours until the wooden acting and cardboard characters bored me to death. I didn't care if anyone in that world lived or died since they all spoke in cliches with Solid Snake growls. Fuck them all. Looked up the ending, found out it jumped the shark, not surprised. Awful story.
>>
>>323067037
>disenchanted every card, then made new cards with the dust, then disenchanted those too until I had 0 dust left. I used up all gold on arenas that I instantly conceded until I had 0 gold.
Why?
>>
>>323068748

SimCity: Building a city is the most boring thing I have ever done in my life. Not even destroying it with meteors was fun. Fuck that game. 20 minutes not well spent.

Grim Fandango Remastered: I looked around in the first room, said "am I gonna run around figuring out what this skeleton wants from his mailbox? I'd rather live life" and uninstalled it.

Tomb Raider Anniversary Remake: Well, cool, seeing the old classic remade was nice for 10 minutes, but then the boring, dead, echoey rooms made me depressed and I uninstalled that boring game.

Team Fortress 2: I shot someone. He shot me too. It happened again and again. What's the definition of insanity again?

FTL: This game... fucking ruins lives. You're at the mercy of the roll of dice that either gives you massive weapons or instant death totally at random. Harsh game. Not rewarding at all. So I always cheat at it by giving myself infinite money, roleplaying that I am a rich fucker. But then the game is too easy. So fucking bad.

That brings me to Hearthstone: Quick, nice little matches that you can play in 5-10 minutes. The crazy amounts of RNG can go fuck itself but it's still the only game that actually doesn't try to take over the player's life.

Well, there is one game I liked recently... The Walking Dead from Telltale. I played all of season 1 and 2... beautiful story, and just the right length.

But I have concluded that I am not a gamer and I can't find other games of the caliber of Walking Dead, so I am resigned to Hearthstone... until Walking Dead Season 3 comes out.
>>
>>323068958
some people are retarded
>>
>>323068958
I wanted to ruin my account completely because I was pissed off that every game was basically the same top 4 net decks, and that it all came down to luck of the draw and luck of the random effects on the cards hitting the right targets. I don't know why I want to subject myself to the same shit again now, but after a lot of searching, it seems Hearthstone was one of the only games I enjoyed recently. See >>323068748
>>323068973
>>
http://blankmediagames.com/TownOfSalem/
play this OP.
>>
>>323067237
Does /v/ really have any standard when it comes to supporting or boycotting a publisher? I can't really believe it when I see publishers like Nintendo, Capcom and Valve supported when they have their own skeletons in their own closets.

It's not like there's any better alternative to Hearthstone in terms of virtual card games.
>>
>>323069482
>It's not like there's any better alternative to Hearthstone in terms of virtual card games.

This is the dilemma. They nailed the fun-factor and quick, fast gameplay. Magic Duels is a glacial snoozefest by comparison even though it TECHNICALLY has much better cards and much better balance.
>>
>>323069646
Wizards isn't going to make something that detracts from physical card sales.
>>
>>323069278
Hehe what the fuck is that? I am making an account just because it has nothing but a login screen and has my curiosity.
>>
>>323067037
Do yourself a favor and dont get into it again, that game is not worth it and its pretty addictive (I also lleft that game months ago).
>>
>>323068973
Most obvious shit-tier troll I've ever read or whatever the fuck this is.
>>
>>323069646
Magic duels didn't even get all the cards from paper expansion. Game's fucking shit.
>>
>>323069806
I heard that the original Magic Online was so closely tied to the physical cards that the digital cards cost the same and that you could even cash them out as physical cards if you wanted to.

The Magic Duels thing is separate and seems they aren't worried about cannibalizing Magic Online/physical sales. And it is their attempt to take away from Hearthstone so why would they cripple gameplay intentionally? Either way they're failing badly at beating Hearthstone. The game is too complex.

There's no better card game than sitting face to face playing Magic in real life. They need to just get their clients in shape to match that.
>>
>>323069812
town of salem, decent game. watch a youtube vid on it and see if it interests you
>>
>>323070164
>that game is not worth it
Yeah I am looking at the main menu of my old account and getting bad vibes already. Memory glorified all the fun moments but now all the deckbuilding vs netdeck opponents and the fuckton of unfair RNG vibes are coming back.
>>
>>323070378
It's funny how people rip on Blizzard for being incompetent and yet nobody can beat out a game as painfully easy to top as Hearthstone. It shouldn't be this hard to make a game that's better and yet nobody can do it.
>>
>>323070501
I made an account. "Welcome to Town of Salem. I'm the serial killer", hah. Wtf. I'm giving it a quick chance. At least the music is great.
>>
>>323068748
>>323068973
Go finish your Kotaku article, Patricia.
>>
File: ggh 895.jpg (575 KB, 1036x1058) Image search: [Google]
ggh 895.jpg
575 KB, 1036x1058
I think you should do whatever makes you happy, OP.
>>
>>323068973
what about trying other visual novel since you liked walking dead?
I can suggest you danganronpa, 999 and phoenix wright.
>>
>>323070749
it's online. kind of a fun strategy game of guessing who is who.
>>
>>323070378
You can only turn them into physical cards if you collect 1 card from each set.

So its damn near impossible or impracticable to get play sets of the best cards
>>
>>323068748
>>323068973

Complains so much about these other games either being too repetitive or too slow.

What the fuck are you doing in Hearthstone? unless you're playing 24/7 Arena runs how do you not feel like its repetitive?

Sounds like you're just a fag trolling.
>>
>>323070582
Agreed. Didn't Minecraft try too? The "Scrolls" card game? I've never tried it and neither have most people, despite their billions of dollars in funds.

It's weird. Should be easy to make a game with the fun/easy presentation of Hearthstone, but with actual balance instead of total chaos.

The #1 flaw of Hearthstone is the game designer's dogged insistence on never balancing broken cards until people have suffered them for 2 years (ie patron). It seems their main focus is on "random/exciting" livestream moments instead of a balanced, fair skill-based game.

Did you see their recent "esports" tournaments? Literally all of them were decided by luck. It's a joke game.
>>
>>323067037
What the fuck is wrong with kids these days.
>>
>>323070791
Please let me in on what this is a reference to. Patricia?
>>
>>323071216
Oh just go back to reddit and take your shit posts with you.
>>
>>323071075
RNG and gambling is what's popular right now. The big games that randomly generate levels, weapons, and all that other shit is what people are playing and Hearthstone just capitalizes on that.

That scrolls game was probably the only thing that could compete with Hearthstone but it didn't stand a chance at Vacationjang. It's a wonder why Notch is surprised everybody fucking hates him.
>>
>>323067037
you're a moron
do you burn bridges every time you leave something?
>>
>>323070984
Hmm, that could be a really good idea. How do I find more games like that? Just search for "Visual novel games"? I thought visual novels referred to comic book novels.
>>
>>323071020
You mean you need to find every card from the whole set to be able to cash it out as physical cards? Damn near impossible indeed.
>>
>>323071582
Yeah it was stupid to disenchant all cards, had a couple of great legendaries and fun decks. It's making it hard to get back into the game. But I thought I'd never be back.

But to be honest, with or without the old cards, I will probably be out of the game again within 30 minutes of starting up again. When I am again reminded of how repetitive it is with endless opponents running the same 4 netdecks, and topdecking the best cards while I topdeck shit, and them getting the best RNG rolls while I get shit, etc. It's why I deleted everything in the first place.

Time to try it...
>>
>>323070993
Trying it now, it seems surprisingly fun
>>
>>323071792
vndb.org you can search by tag every visual novel made.
another praised vn is steins;gate but i never played that
>>
>>323072420
>never lucky BabyRage
>>
If you like Visual Novel-style games where you do shit other than just reading text and enjoying nice artwork look into DS emulation (should work on any toaster).
Games I'd recommend: Ghost Trick (!!!), Phoenix Wright, Hotel Dusk, 999
>>
>>323073546
Been watching Trump on YouTube sometimes since it's often more fun than playing the game, and he goes "never lucky" all the time at all the unfair RNG hehe.
>>
File: 1446076487970.jpg (8 KB, 227x220) Image search: [Google]
1446076487970.jpg
8 KB, 227x220
>>323067037
>A couple of months ago I quit Hearthstone and disenchanted every card, then made new cards with the dust, then disenchanted those too until I had 0 dust left. I used up all gold on arenas that I instantly conceded until I had 0 gold.

This is insane levels of autism.
>>
>>323073339
>>323073864
Thanks a lot, I am definitely on the "tell me a good story" side of gamers, instead of the "nerdy competitive, ultra-technical e-sports" side. I've opened tabs for all those games and will try them all!
>>
>>323074760
It was fun to destroy it all. Less fun to come back to, though.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.