[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dying light
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: dyinglight.jpg (158 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dyinglight.jpg
158 KB, 1280x720
Wtf /v/?!
You told me that this game was bad last year and I ignored it. Bought it on sale last week and its actually very good. I'm enjoying it very much, the nigths in hard difficulty are very challenging.

Ah, and I hated Dead island years ago, strange.

Is the next expansion worth it? Its a full new map with vehicles and shit
>>
>>323058937
looks like you new to /v/. always do the exact opposite of advice you get here

i almost skipped mgr and max p@yne 3 thanks to /v/
>>
>>323058937
>You told me that this game was bad last year and I ignored it.

Why would you listen to /v/? Especially when it had a demo available from the get-go.

But yes, Dying Light is what Dead Island should have been. Plus I don't think the expansion comes out for a few more months.
>>
>>323058937
>Hated Dead Island
Kill yourself.
>>
Kappa
>>
File: funinthesun.jpg (39 KB, 291x345) Image search: [Google]
funinthesun.jpg
39 KB, 291x345
>>323059185
>always do the exact opposite of /v/
>Can't check out a game that /v/ mentions and form your own opinions
>>
I haven't played it but /v/ was definitely positive about this game
>>
I've never seen /v/ say this game was bad. I think this might be a bait thread.
>>
>wtf
Yeah okay faggot
>>
>>323059462
Not op and dead island sucks my balls and slurps shit. It's not a fun game in any way
>>
>>323059332
February
>>
>>323058937

Most of the threads I've seen on Dying Light are usually positive, I personally enjoyed the game a lot, especially coop.
>>
>>323059605
A lot of people said back then that it was just a dead island improved, and dead island was shit >>323059651 so...
>>
I just started playing and am level 5 all across the board. I want to venture out at night to get more XP. Are the zombies attracted to your flashlight or does only direct line of sight matter to them to detect you?
>>
>>323060150
everything
>>
>>323060150

I can't remember exactly, I think flashlight did attract them.
>>
>>323060150
Here's something cool, when you play your mic is always on unless you just don't have one or turned it off, if you talk the zombies will be attracted to it.
>>
>>323058937

>listening to /v/

please don't be so retarded in the future. The only reason to come to /v/ is to see game news. As far as opinions go /v/ is absolute shit
>>
>>323059532
It's frighteningly common. Neo-/v/ and all that.
>>
>>323058937
wut?
When this game came out, most people here seemed pleasantly surprised with it
>>
If you can her over the cringe worthy story the game is pretty fun.

My main gripes were the fucking atrocious story and writing, that the safe houses are so common and placed everywhere that night time I'd pretty optional except for a couple missions, and you become practically invincible once you get the grappling hook. Once that "oh shit a group of zombies" feeling became "oh great... another group of zombies I have to obliterate" I stopped playing.

I guess I was right before the "second map" but I was so powerful and bored with the main story I just dropped it.

That being said, the beginning and the side quests were a lot of fun and the parkour stuff was surprisingly fun too.
>>
>>323060863
>Once that "oh shit a group of zombies" feeling became "oh great... another group of zombies I have to obliterate"
that's basically how it goes
>>
I loved the game, the parkour, the crafting, beating zombies to a pulp and surviving during the night. Took me 40 hours to beat it and although it overstayed its welcome a bit, it was much much better than I was lead to believe.

You can only tell what games are good when they are discussed here at least a year after its release, since new games are almost always shit on here.
>>
>>323060150
Sound aswell. Dont use explosive weapons during night, dont break any glass during night

.If you use them during daylight 2 or 3 running zombies will chase you too, and they are a pain in the ass
>>
i'm finding it hard to be interested in the DLC despite loving the game, just seems like the formula will be all fucked up
>>
>>323062264
is it even out yet? Been waiting like a year for that DLC.
>>
>>323058937
It's almost as if Dying Light had a demo out there or something.
>>
>>323062573
february probably
>>
>>323062816
oh shit its true.
Sorry, its that fucking uncommon nowadays...
>>
So, at what point does the game become interesting again? I'm at about level 15, and just found the agent, and the leveling is slow enough to bug me.

I think I'm supposed to go capture some random dark mutant, but goddamn, I just cannot be asked.
>>
I preferred Dead Island, myself. At least I bothered to finish both #1 & Riptide. Pissed it looks like DI2 will never see the light of day.

I got to the second city in Dying Light & ran out of steam. As another anon mentioned, the grappling hook makes it too easy. I do also think the parkour gimps the game too. And the story is just fucking atrocious.
>>
Who /throw all your melee weapons at everyone/ here?
>>
>>323058937
Did you also ignore Dark Souls 2 thanks to /v/? Yeah.
>>
>>323059185
MP3 was indeed shit though, story-wise.

gameplay was gimped but it was fun.
>>
>>323058937
Actually taking advice from /v/
>>
>>323063467
the story was fine, it was the obnoxious man on fire direction that ruined it.

why in the fuck they ever chose that movie as their artistic direction i'll never know
>>
>>323063285
I ignored DS2 but bought Sotfs
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.