[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are achievement hunters/completionists viewed as autismo?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: trophy.jpg (93 KB, 640x375) Image search: [Google]
trophy.jpg
93 KB, 640x375
Why are achievement hunters/completionists viewed as autismo?
>>
Part-time achievement hunter here. Because a lot of achievements require either incredibly tedious tasks or tasks you wouldn't normally perform and require you to go out of your way to go through.
>>
>>323055572
Because achievements, inherently some of the most meaningless things on the planet because people don't see it, take a lot of time to get, and while normal adults may have time to get maybe one platinum or finish one game to 1000GP, only true mega-autists will (be proud to) consider themselves "achievement hunters" because they need to accomplish *something* in their sad dreary lives.
>>
they got introduced for console people and the main reason was gamer score or something

they don't serve any real purpose at all and came to PC anyway

they are just stupid
>>
>>323056412
I mean, by that logic everything people strive for makes their lives pathetic and sad. So idgi
>>
>>323055572
They are stupid. Specially when you can 100% a game and still don't get a platinum in some games because of reasons.
>>
File: trophies.png (2 MB, 1238x6972) Image search: [Google]
trophies.png
2 MB, 1238x6972
I don't know brah. I guess people hate it when we have fun. Really excited to finally get the Alien vs Predator platinum this Sunday.

Platinums I'm looking forward to obtaining are: every Final Fantasy platinum, REmake, RE 0, Vanquish, Demon Souls, Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne.
>>
>>323056412
>because people don't see it
But they do.

>>323058085
>not sorted alphabetically
>>
>>323055572
achievement fag with over 120000G here. i tend to love getting achievements because they are usually fun or challenging. but i can't stand people who won't play a game because it has no achievements, or because the achievements are "too hard". i like earning them as much as the next guy, but i wouldn't stop playing if they decided to stop making achievements.
>>
>>323060134
I like my Wii U a lot, but I still wish Nintendo would adapt achievements.
>>
File: trophies alpha.png (3 MB, 1236x6975) Image search: [Google]
trophies alpha.png
3 MB, 1236x6975
>>323059725
I got you covered senpai.
>>
>>323057710
>Hidden trophy
>Requires you to fail something.
>never find it without a guide..
This is why most achievements suck. Requiring you to do something you wouldnt normally do, that isnt fun.
>>
>>323061051
>Requiring you to do something you wouldnt normally do, that isnt fun.
Those are the best kinds. That make you go out of your way to do something you wouldn't have normally done.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.